Edwin Pawlowski

Default Orange Marinade for Fowl

Orange Marinade for Fowl

Ingredients:

1/2 c Brandy

1 c Fresh orange juice

1 Ts Ginger

1 Ts Tarragon

3 TB Orange liqueur

1 Ts Black pepper

-Salt to taste

First rub fowl, either chicken, duck or game hens, with one fourth of the
brandy.

Mix remaining brandy, orange juice, liqueur, salt, pepper, ginger, and
tarragon. Pour over birds and let marinate. Also use marinade to baste
while grilling.

This is a collection of BBQ recipes from Red Caldwell published in a back
issue of Chile Pepper Magazine.

Brick

On 1-Jan-2005, "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:

> Orange Marinade for Fowl

<snip>

> This is a collection of BBQ recipes from Red Caldwell published in a back
> issue of Chile Pepper Magazine.

I've never done an orange marinade, but orange sauce is great on all kinds
of fowl. And if your fowl comes out 'FOUL', you might be able to make it
edible with orange sauce. If you want to buy it commercially, oriental
stores
sell a product labelled 'Duck Sauce' which is a reasonable facsimile.

--
Brick(DL5BF, WA7ERO, HS4ADI)
Bubba

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

>Orange Marinade for Fowl
>

>Ingredients:
>

>1/2 c Brandy
>
>1 c Fresh orange juice
>
>1 Ts Ginger
>
>1 Ts Tarragon
>
>3 TB Orange liqueur
>
>1 Ts Black pepper
>
>-Salt to taste
>

>First rub fowl, either chicken, duck or game hens, with one fourth of the
>brandy.
>

>Mix remaining brandy, orange juice, liqueur, salt, pepper, ginger, and
>tarragon. Pour over birds and let marinate. Also use marinade to baste
>while grilling.
>

>This is a collection of BBQ recipes from Red Caldwell published in a back
>issue of Chile Pepper Magazine.

Sounds good! I've glazed a few with the orange marmalade thinned with
wine. Have also injected many a bird with Triple Sec....usually gets
rave reviews.

Bubba

--
You wanna measure, or you wanna cook?

Pierre

Might try that on scallops too. Give it an hour at room temp, and
grill hot and fast. Don't overcook.

Pierre