Old 21-12-2004, 01:26 AM
bk

Default Looking Brisket Recipes

Any suggestions on dry rub and/or basted brisket recipes. We've made two
brisket, but goofed up the last with too much temperature. First one was
rubbed and basted which resulted in many rave reviews. Last one was nasty.
Looking for those rave reviews again.

Old 21-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Piedmont

bk wrote:
Any suggestions on dry rub and/or basted brisket recipes. We've made two
brisket, but goofed up the last with too much temperature. First one was
rubbed and basted which resulted in many rave reviews. Last one was nasty.
Looking for those rave reviews again.

bk
Do it the same as when you said you got rave reviews, why change?
Probably the basting was what did the most for it. Your obviously on to
something if you got rave reviews that time you controlled the temp and
basted plus you dry rubbed, just recreate that! Out of curiousity, what
did you baste with?

--
Mike Willsey
http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBa...ewwelcome.msnw

Old 22-12-2004, 11:08 PM
bk

"Piedmont" wrote in message
bk wrote:
Any suggestions on dry rub and/or basted brisket recipes. We've made two
brisket, but goofed up the last with too much temperature. First one was
rubbed and basted which resulted in many rave reviews. Last one was
nasty.
Looking for those rave reviews again.

bk
Do it the same as when you said you got rave reviews, why change? Probably
the basting was what did the most for it. Your obviously on to something
if you got rave reviews that time you controlled the temp and basted plus
you dry rubbed, just recreate that! Out of curiousity, what did you baste
with?

--
Mike Willsey
http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBa...ewwelcome.msnw

Sorry for the delay. I used the Red's Barbecued Brisket as described in the
BBQ FAQ. It was very good and I'm leaning back towards it again. I'll try a
simpler S&P recipe when I'm cooking for fewer people.