Bo Hica

Default BBQ Whole Shoulder - recap

Thanks for all the advice last week folks. The cook went great despite
temps in to the high teens overnight. I had rubbed it with whatever was
handy - not sure that it made much difference - certainly not on the skin
side. Cooked that shoulder about 12 hours at 275 or so dome temp (250 at
the grate) pulling it off at 6AM. Pulled it at around 7AM sauced and put in
the crokpot for the ride to work.

Served at noon to a thankful crew - all comments positive - and hardly
enough for my sweetie left over. Looking for excuse to do it again this
week. Yeah... Christmas Q - that's the ticket...

Just posted some photos - 12 step - on ABF.

- Bo

AG

<snip>
and hardly
> enough for my sweetie left over. Looking for excuse to do it again this
> week.

<snip>
> - Bo

glad to hear things went well. I have learned to take mine and my wife's
portions before serving others 'else it's the proverbial dog house for me.
Q is it's own excuse ;-)
ag