SmokinD

Default Fine Shredded Barbecue

Does anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced shredder to make
"North Carolina Style" barbecue easier? Please advise.

Jack Curry

"SmokinD" > wrote in message
lkaboutcooking.com...
> Does anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced shredder to make
> "North Carolina Style" barbecue easier? Please advise.

Cook your meat properly and you'll find that a fork is all the shredder you
need. If your meat won't pull (shred) easily, you haven't cooked it long
enough.

Read the faq http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/

Or Elder Ward's excellent site
http://biggreenegg.com/recipes/pork/NCpulledPork.htm

Jack Curry

Jack Curry

"SmokinD" > wrote in message
lkaboutcooking.com...
> Does anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced shredder to make
> "North Carolina Style" barbecue easier? Please advise.

Cook your meat properly and you'll find that a fork is all the shredder you
need. If your meat won't pull (shred) easily, you haven't cooked it long
enough.

Read the faq http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/

Or Elder Ward's excellent site
http://biggreenegg.com/recipes/pork/NCpulledPork.htm

Jack Curry

Brick

I have had a couple chunks of meat that were a little hard to pull, but
that was my fault. I used to get anxious and take them off too early.
Not anymore and no tough meat pulling anymore either. It pulls with
the fingers and takes a very short time to get it done. A few chunks
always hang together and need to be pulled with forks, but it's still
easy and *fast*.

--
Brick(DL5BF, WA7ERO, HS4ADI)

Steve S

> Does anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced shredder to make
> "North Carolina Style" barbecue easier? Please advise.

You might try a set of "Bear Paws".

I think I got mine from Hawgeyes BBQ...hawgeyesbbq.com

Steve

BOB

Steve S wrote:
>> Does anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced shredder to make
>> "North Carolina Style" barbecue easier? Please advise.

Real NC BBQ is pulled not shredded. (a very fine distinction there)(Yes I
know, some places chop it too)

> You might try a set of "Bear Paws".

I've tried those but really prefer the two forks like Jack mentioned. I
can't explain why though.

> I think I got mine from Hawgeyes BBQ...hawgeyesbbq.com

That's where I'd look. They're in there somewhere.

BOB

Piedmont

SmokinD wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced shredder to make
> "North Carolina Style" barbecue easier? Please advise.

Unless your using it for a commercial enterprise I'd say do it by hand.
Pull it then chop it with a blade. The fellow at the Lexington
Restaurant in North Carolina, had a machine to shred his pork shoulders.
Probably costing a hundreds dollars.

--
Mike Willsey
http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBa...ewwelcome.msnw

Taking a crack at defining and explalinin barbecue was Simple barbecue sauce Chris Malme Barbecue 0 30-09-2011 10:29 AM
Chill then Fine, or Fine then Chill - All in a Corny? [email protected] Winemaking 5 12-05-2006 04:26 AM
Shredded Beef Barbecue Tim Recipes 0 17-09-2005 10:54 AM
Shredded Beef Barbecue Duckie ® Recipes 0 18-06-2005 06:45 PM
A fine Wine for a fine dinner Thurston Howell III Wine 2 13-03-2005 09:09 PM