Bob Schmidt

Default Atlanta Q

I am going to Atlanta in a few weeks. Any suggestions for good BBQ there?

Thanks

Bob
Thomas Cormen

I'm surprised not to see Fat Matt's on the list. Don't bother with
it, though. It's not very good.

--THC

Tom Cormen Voice: (603) 646-2417
Professor of Computer Science Fax: (603) 646-1672
Director, Writing Program Email:
Dartmouth College URL:
http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~thc/
6211 Sudikoff Laboratory
Hanover, NH 03755-3510
MonopTN

Check this place out. The atmosphere is great, and the food is pretty good
too. I've only eaten there once, but it was good. I think this place used
to be called "The Georgia Pig".

http://www.theswallowatthehollow.com/

Evans

AG

<snip>

> . I think I got this list from the HPBA website.

<snip>
That list has some of the big name places on it. There are also a ton of
small "joints" that serve any style you can imagine.
Do you know what part of town you'l be in? Also what style of Q do you
prefer?
I live about 45 mins from north ATL and would be glad to ask around to see
where folks go down there. (I usually go north, east, or west for Q so I
can't say for myself)
hlep if I can,
ag

Michael

"Bob Schmidt" > wrote in message
om...
> I am going to Atlanta in a few weeks. Any suggestions for good BBQ there?

Old Original

Especially their stew.

F.G. Whitfurrows

Bob Schmidt wrote:
> I am going to Atlanta in a few weeks. Any suggestions for good BBQ
> there?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob

Hit Dreamland, but don't go to Sonny's.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

PilotWI

AG wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > . I think I got this list from the HPBA website.

> <snip>
> That list has some of the big name places on it. There are also a ton

of
> small "joints" that serve any style you can imagine.
> Do you know what part of town you'l be in? Also what style of Q do

you
> prefer?
> I live about 45 mins from north ATL and would be glad to ask around

to see
> where folks go down there. (I usually go north, east, or west for Q

so I
> can't say for myself)
> hlep if I can,
> ag

I am going to go from the Airport to the Renaissance Waverly Hotel.
Not quite sure where that is situated in Atlanta.

Bob

Atlanta Mark Shaw Barbecue 8 22-02-2007 02:10 PM
Best Sushi in Atlanta Deuteros Sushi 2 14-08-2005 10:06 PM
cooking in atlanta Courtney General Cooking 23 25-11-2004 03:02 PM
In Atlanta.. in America.. outrider General Cooking 0 14-11-2004 05:59 AM
TFM on Atlanta Radio? Barry Barbecue 10 24-12-2003 06:41 PM