FoodBanter.com

FoodBanter.com (https://www.foodbanter.com/)
-   Barbecue (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/)
-   -   Pitmaster's Log Book, back it on Kickstarter (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/444086-pitmasters-log-book-back.html)

Rob \The Rib Guy\ 24-07-2018 03:33 PM

Pitmaster's Log Book, back it on Kickstarter
 
I just launched the Pitmaster's Log Book on Kickstarter yesterday. The Pitmaster's Log Book is a 100 page log book to document all the aspects of each cook.

The idea originated from a frustration I had. I didnt have an easily accessible place to document every time I cooked barbeque. For years, I wrote things down on different types of paper making it difficult to retrace my steps with any cook I did. At this point, there are about 16 years of cooks documented on different types of paper.






The solution was a book with a standard entry format with room to document the most frequent variables in a barbeque or grill cooking session and a bookmark to quickly get you back to where you started. Pitmasters Log Book.

Our initial funding goal is designed to cover the raw costs of the production process. Itll pay for the cover, the layout and design (done in-house by Mike Hall), and the printing of the book. We have our printer lined up, and the costs specced out. If we hit our initial funding goal, Pitmasters Barbecue Log Book will become a reality, with a projected publishing date of September 2018.

If you or, someone you know would be interested in the project, sign up to be a backer or, share with someone you know! #bbqbetter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ecue-log-book/

Ed Pawlowski 05-08-2018 06:09 PM

Pitmaster's Log Book, back it on Kickstarter
 
On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 07:33:12 -0700 (PDT), "Rob \"The Rib Guy\""
wrote:

I just launched the Pitmaster's Log Book on Kickstarter yesterday. The Pitmaster's Log Book is a 100 page log book to document all the aspects of each cook.

The idea originated from a frustration I had. I didnít have an easily accessible place to document every time I cooked barbeque. For years, I wrote things down on different types of paper making it difficult to retrace my steps with any cook I did. At this point, there are about 16 years of cooks documented on different types of paper.


Seems silly to me to put that time and money into a log book when so
much free information is readily available.

Just go here
http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/

Ed Pawlowski 10-08-2018 09:31 PM

Spares, Beans, and Slaw
 
On 8/10/2018 11:50 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Wed, 8 Aug 2018 11:11:27 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

Speaking of BBQ (which we haven't done lately), I've been reduced to
some cheapo Walmart upright smoker I got from a friend. It leaks
like a sieve even after gasket tape and uses a lot of lump, but it
works. Have a full rack of spares (which are getting hard to find
anymore - they're all St Louis) I'll be cooking probably tomorrow.


A monster rack of pork spare ribs (6.15lbs) smoked over pecan at
~300 for 5.5 hours. German cole slaw - horseradish and Knorr
kuchenkrauter salat kronung. And meaty baked beans with chipotle
and onion burp.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...ream/lightbox/

-sw

I don
t remember the ;ast time i saw pares. Baby backs are crazy price too.


Aratzio 11-08-2018 12:29 AM

Spares, Beans, and Slaw
 
On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 16:31:09 -0400, in alt.food.barbecue, Ed Pawlowski
scribed::

On 8/10/2018 11:50 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Wed, 8 Aug 2018 11:11:27 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

Speaking of BBQ (which we haven't done lately), I've been reduced to
some cheapo Walmart upright smoker I got from a friend. It leaks
like a sieve even after gasket tape and uses a lot of lump, but it
works. Have a full rack of spares (which are getting hard to find
anymore - they're all St Louis) I'll be cooking probably tomorrow.


A monster rack of pork spare ribs (6.15lbs) smoked over pecan at
~300 for 5.5 hours. German cole slaw - horseradish and Knorr
kuchenkrauter salat kronung. And meaty baked beans with chipotle
and onion burp.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...ream/lightbox/

-sw

I don
t remember the ;ast time i saw pares. Baby backs are crazy price too.


My Business Costco (not to be confused with regular Costco) has full
racks, b\skin on or skin off pork belly, Clod, necks and slices of
meat I've never heard of. And 0.30 to 0.70 less than the regular
costco

Does it really matter? 11-08-2018 05:18 AM

Pitmaster's Log Book, back it on Kickstarter
 
On 8/8/2018 09:11, Sqwertz wrote:
On Sun, 05 Aug 2018 13:09:16 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 07:33:12 -0700 (PDT), "Rob \"The Rib Guy\""
wrote:

I just launched the Pitmaster's Log Book on Kickstarter yesterday. The Pitmaster's Log Book is a 100 page log book to document all the aspects of each cook.

The idea originated from a frustration I had. I didnt have an easily accessible place to document every time I cooked barbeque. For years, I wrote things down on different types of paper making it difficult to retrace my steps with any cook I did. At this point, there are about 16 years of cooks documented on different types of paper.


Seems silly to me to put that time and money into a log book when so
much free information is readily available.

Just go here
http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/


The log book is to record your own successes and failures so you can
improve on them. Books (or FAQs) just have recipes and probably
don't describe your preferred temperatures and times.

It's still pretty easy to buy one of those black and white speckled
composition books for $1 and record everything there. Or there are
several others out there probably not selling well already,
including one by Raichlen.

Speaking of BBQ (which we haven't done lately), I've been reduced to
some cheapo Walmart upright smoker I got from a friend. It leaks
like a sieve even after gasket tape and uses a lot of lump, but it
works. Have a full rack of spares (which are getting hard to find
anymore - they're all St Louis) I'll be cooking probably tomorrow.
Have done a few pastrimis lately in conjunction with my sous vide,
but I nobody ever seems to be happy with their pastrami, myself
included. My best one came out of a chuck roast, smoked low and
then sous vide @ 134 for 22 hours to med-rare. Plus an extra quick
sear.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...ream/lightbox/

And a brisket flat cooked almost the same way:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...ream/lightbox/

-sw

Damn near looks like corned beef! I'd sit down for some of that though..
Your pictures don't disappoint.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FoodBanter