Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

Default Ping Kuthe American made ice cube trays

On 10/23/2015 1:37 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> "l not -l" wrote:
>>
>> Spotted on today's shopping trip Rubbermaid ice cube trays Made in USA, on
>> a (top) shelf right next to Good something trays Made in China. Seen at
>> Schnuck's Kirkwood location.

> The four ice cube trays that came with my GE Profile fridge say Made
> in Hong Kong, they've been used well over 18 years now and produced
> cubes that have chilled an unfathomable volume of Crystal Palace, etc.
> Rubbermaid prducts are no longer made in the US, not for a long time
> now, like about ten years... I used to like Rubbermaid products a lot
> but for many years now they are functional but not as good. I find
> nothing wrong with products produced in the Orient, most are better
> made than those produced in the US these days... they have far better
> skilled workers in the Orient now. The skilled workers in the US are
> now mostly over 70 years old, when they retire or die there are no
> more. Remember my words, no society can survive without toolmakers
> and the US has pathetically few remaining. Unless the US begins to
> have skilled trades apprenticeship programs very soon there won't be
> any US, I'd say ten years and it's all over, I kid you not... now
> everyone is driving a desk or on welfare... can't win a war with a
> society what can't even produce pencil sharpeners for it's desk
> jockeys... when was the last time yoose used a pen produced in the US?
> Nowadays no US pen is mightier than anyone's sword.

You don't have a clue, do you. You're an asshole who thinks his shit
doesn't stink.
--
Barbara J Llorente, 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.

Wow! An American made cheese grater for $74.99!! John Kuthe[_3_] General Cooking 366 30-11-2015 06:41 PM
ping Kuthe Janet General Cooking 1 09-11-2015 05:23 PM
American made ice cube trays [email protected] General Cooking 31 25-10-2015 05:43 PM
Ping: John Kuthe JeanineAlyse General Cooking 1 25-06-2012 10:09 PM
Law that says American flags have to be made in America Terry[_1_] General Cooking 24 10-07-2007 05:48 AM