Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Creosote in smoke - water filtration?

For some time I've been making homemade smoked meats and I have a query relating to creosote in smoke.

I know that in offset smokers with large coal beds - logs or large chunks can burn and produce "clean" smoke, more or less free of creosote. But this is not an option here. What I wanted to know is whether or not smoke that is bubbled through water would have the creosote (and other bitter compounds) filtered out, or at least some of it. Basically the same principle as a bong or water pipe, but having air blown through the chamber into a water vessel.

HELP: Pitcher-style water filtration? Andy[_15_] Cooking Equipment 8 05-07-2009 10:54 PM
Garbage disposal & water filtration Mark Shaw General Cooking 22 18-07-2005 10:51 PM
Coffeehouse Water Filtration [email protected] Coffee 1 05-05-2005 08:58 PM
Filtration David Coffee 2 01-02-2005 08:28 PM
Another question about creosote ken ullman Barbecue 10 27-05-2004 04:39 AM