Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

Default Smoking on a gas grill

wrote:

>> Okay, after years of grilling, I want to try smoking food on my gas grill. I kow
>> I can buy wood chips, soak them, put them in an aluminum pan with a cover with
>> holes punched in it for the smoke, but...
>>
>> What would be the best thing to try to smoke for my maiden voyage into this
>> realm? Chicken, pork, beef? And are there certain woods that go better with
>> certain meats?
>>
>> I can probably find recipes by Googling, but I'd like to get some first hand
>> experience if I could.
>>
>> Thanks.

> Thanks for all the great replies so far. I can't wait to take my first step on
> this journey. Hopefully over the weekend. Probably start with pork or chicken.
> Or hell, maybe there's room on my grill for both. Oh, and once I start the
> smoking process, do I have to be fussing with the meat? Turning it, etc? When I
> waatch TV shows, it seems like they just put the meat into a smoker and leave it
> for however long and let it smoke. Thanks again. I appreciate all the help.

Using the indirect heat method you will want to rotate what you're
cooking to insure an even smoke.

http://www.weber.com/weber-nation/gr...on-a-gas-grill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=droqmzBbBsE
How to set up a smoker box on a gas grill

You'll really like this last tutorial:

http://www.bonappetit.com/test-kitch...in-a-gas-grill

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

wrote:

>> Okay, after years of grilling, I want to try smoking food on
>> my gas grill. I kow
>> I can buy wood chips, soak them, put them in an aluminum pan
>> with a cover with
>> holes punched in it for the smoke, but...
>>
>> What would be the best thing to try to smoke for my maiden
>> voyage into this
>> realm? Chicken, pork, beef? And are there certain woods that
>> go better with
>> certain meats?
>>
>> I can probably find recipes by Googling, but I'd like to get
>> some first hand
>> experience if I could.
>>
>> Thanks.

> Thanks for all the great replies so far. I can't wait to take
> my first step on
> this journey. Hopefully over the weekend. Probably start with
> pork or chicken.
> Or hell, maybe there's room on my grill for both. Oh, and once
> I start the
> smoking process, do I have to be fussing with the meat?
> Turning it, etc? When I
> waatch TV shows, it seems like they just put the meat into a
> smoker and leave it
> for however long and let it smoke. Thanks again. I appreciate
> all the help.

>Using the indirect heat method you will want to rotate what
>you're cooking to insure an even smoke.

>http://www.weber.com/weber-nation/grill-skills/mastering-smoke/smoke-grill->setups/smoking-on-a-gas-grill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=droqmzBbBsE
>How to set up a smoker box on a gas grill

>You'll really like this last tutorial:

>http://www.bonappetit.com/test-kitchen/how-to/article/how-to-make-texas-style->smoked-brisket-in-a-gas-grill

People don't need any help to look shit up on Google, Boneless.
And they don't need someone to paraphrase websites. They ask
here because they want someone who knows what they are doing to
answer their question.

That lets you out, eh, poser?

ahhhhahahaaaaaaaaaaa.....

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

wrote:

>>> Okay, after years of grilling, I want to try smoking food on my gas
>>> grill. I kow
>>> I can buy wood chips, soak them, put them in an aluminum pan with a
>>> cover with
>>> holes punched in it for the smoke, but...
>>>
>>> What would be the best thing to try to smoke for my maiden voyage
>>> into this
>>> realm? Chicken, pork, beef? And are there certain woods that go
>>> better with
>>> certain meats?
>>>
>>> I can probably find recipes by Googling, but I'd like to get some
>>> first hand
>>> experience if I could.
>>>
>>> Thanks.

>> Thanks for all the great replies so far. I can't wait to take my first
>> step on
>> this journey. Hopefully over the weekend. Probably start with pork or
>> chicken.
>> Or hell, maybe there's room on my grill for both. Oh, and once I start
>> the
>> smoking process, do I have to be fussing with the meat? Turning it,
>> etc? When I
>> waatch TV shows, it seems like they just put the meat into a smoker
>> and leave it
>> for however long and let it smoke. Thanks again. I appreciate all the
>> help.

>> Using the indirect heat method you will want to rotate what you're
>> cooking to insure an even smoke.

>> http://www.weber.com/weber-nation/grill-skills/mastering-smoke/smoke-grill->setups/smoking-on-a-gas-grill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=droqmzBbBsE
>> How to set up a smoker box on a gas grill

>> You'll really like this last tutorial:

>> http://www.bonappetit.com/test-kitchen/how-to/article/how-to-make-texas-style->smoked-brisket-in-a-gas-grill
>>

> People don't need any help to look shit up on Google, Boneless.

People love clear concise web pages with expressive diagrams and good
photos, greaseball.

> And they
> don't need someone to paraphrase websites.

They need Mr. Know-it-All, whose BBQ acumen is world renowned:

KC Luzer-Q:

http://www.nationalbbqrankings.com/ranking/team/4202

Chicken Contests
Contests since 14/Jun/2008
Current rank: 2747th (Updated: 25/Feb/2013)

Ribs Contests
Contests since 23/Apr/2010
Current rank: 818th (Updated: 25/Feb/2013)

Pork Contests
Contests since 24/Apr/2009
Current rank: 2016th (Updated: 25/Feb/2013)

LOL!!!!!

> They ask here because they
> want someone who knows what they are doing to answer their question.

KC Luzer Q?

Huh?

> That lets you out, eh, poser?
>
> ahhhhahahaaaaaaaaaaa.....

Your team rankings speak for you - always, LUZER!

Smoking on a gas grill [email protected] General Cooking 29 16-05-2015 04:26 PM
Q-usetion about smoking on a grill Borax Barbecue 6 18-03-2005 03:22 PM
Smoking on a gas grill Todd Barbecue 14 26-12-2004 12:57 AM
Smoking a turkey on the grill Isaac Wingfield General Cooking 2 01-12-2004 04:08 AM
Brinkmann Gourmet Charcoal Smoker & Grill - Viable Grilling & Smoking Solution? Jake Barbecue 3 10-03-2004 08:51 PM