Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default 33 best BBQ joints in America

I'm sure there are lots of differing opinions but 10 of the
top 33 are here in good ole Tejas

http://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/...aign=thrillist

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 23:40:17 -0500, "ChairMan" >
wrote:

>I'm sure there are lots of differing opinions but 10 of the
>top 33 are here in good ole Tejas
>
>http://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/...aign=thrillist

Not a surprise to find ten of them in Texas, but it was to find two of
them in Brooklyn.

I was happy to see Scott's on the list. I was there last year and
yes, it is very good.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In ,
Ed Pawlowski > belched:
> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 23:40:17 -0500, "ChairMan" >
> wrote:
>
>> I'm sure there are lots of differing opinions but 10 of the
>> top 33 are here in good ole Tejas
>>
>> http://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/...aign=thrillist
>>

> Not a surprise to find ten of them in Texas, but it was to find two of
> them in Brooklyn.
>
> I was happy to see Scott's on the list. I was there last year and
> yes, it is very good.

Yeah, I was surprised to see 2 in Brooklyn, too.
Just went back to look at Scotts, yup thats what a Q joint suppose to look
like<g>.
I was surprised that Lockhart Smokehouse made the list, I've been a couple
of times and wasn't impressed at all.
Now Pecan Lodge, thats some damn good Q, they have a express line now. If
your getting more than 5Lbs, you can wait a little less.
Farmers market here got sold to a private developer and they plan on redoing
the market and revamping Shed #2(where Pecan lodge is) and even the mayor
got involved to keep them in Dallas and not to relocate elsewhere. ****ed me
off because I sent Justin an email that a Q joint close to me recently
closed after just 4 months and had a new JR smoker still in it and move in
ready.
Oh well, I tried. We've got another Lockhart Smokehouse coming to
town(suburb) by the end to first of the year, so i guess I'll try 'em again
and see what all the fuss is about
It seems that Q is making a comeback, at least here in Big D, and I'm damn
glad to see it. Nothing better than a sliced beef sammich with some *good*
bark to make yer day.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tuesday, September 24, 2013 2:50:47 AM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Not a surprise to find ten of them in Texas, but it was to find two of
> them in Brooklyn.

Hell, one in San Diego, and pretty non-traditional too.

Que joints near DFW Jeff Jacks Barbecue 8 10-07-2007 10:52 PM
Guide to BBQ Joints? meathead[_2_] Barbecue 3 09-06-2007 03:39 PM
Florida Q joints bk Barbecue 0 27-09-2005 09:06 PM
Barbecue Joints Robert Sparkman Barbecue 0 01-09-2004 05:18 AM
Oxford NC Q joints? JD Barbecue 2 11-12-2003 05:13 PM