FoodBanter.com

-   -   Gotta Get a New Smoker (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/425293-gotta-get-new-smoker.html)

Janet Wilder[_1_] 16-08-2013 05:15 PM

Gotta Get a New Smoker

Hi there my favorite Q gurus.

I know I had posted this a few months ago, but brain ia aging and I have
completely forgotten everything.

I had pretty good success with a Brinkmann Gourmet green bullet smoker,
but living here in way-the-heck-South Texas, the bottom of the dang
thing rusted out and I need another smoker.

Should I just go to Lowes and buy another or should I try some other
brand in a similar price range. I'm talking between $80 and $125 at the
highest.

I use sand in the water pan and lump charcoal. I have a remote
thermometer and charcoal starter chimney and a cover for Brinkman
Gourmet #1.

There is an entire brisket in the freezer and a couple of corned beefs
begging to be transformed into pastrami.

I'm dong some chemo for a surprise case of small cell lung cancer and
it's working, but I want to do something nice for DH who has been so
awesome through this s--t.

TIA for your help.

Y'all know that I named my home made BBQ sauce "AFB" after all of you?

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

Ed Pawlowski 16-08-2013 06:22 PM

Gotta Get a New Smoker

On 8/16/2013 12:15 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
Hi there my favorite Q gurus.

I know I had posted this a few months ago, but brain ia aging and I have
completely forgotten everything.

I had pretty good success with a Brinkmann Gourmet green bullet smoker,
but living here in way-the-heck-South Texas, the bottom of the dang
thing rusted out and I need another smoker.

Should I just go to Lowes and buy another or should I try some other
brand in a similar price range. I'm talking between $80 and $125 at the
highest.

If you want to stick with charcoal, that is a good choice. If you want
to consider gas, Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain and use wood chunks.

John Smith[_8_] 17-08-2013 12:40 AM

Gotta Get a New Smoker

Sqwertz wrote:
I don't know how I posted this to alt.binaries.food instead of
alt.food.barbecue where the OP originated.

Typical troll bullshit.

Janet Wilder[_1_] 17-08-2013 05:52 AM

Gotta Get a New Smoker

On 8/16/2013 5:56 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
I don't know how I posted this to alt.binaries.food instead of
alt.food.barbecue where the OP originated.

Fixing that now...

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 16:54:03 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 11:15:14 -0500, Janet Wilder wrote:

I had pretty good success with a Brinkmann Gourmet green bullet smoker,
but living here in way-the-heck-South Texas, the bottom of the dang
thing rusted out and I need another smoker.

Should I just go to Lowes and buy another or should I try some other
brand in a similar price range. I'm talking between $80 and $125 at the
highest.

Our Lowe's don't carry them any more. Nor Home Depot. Nor anybody
else in town. Which is why I've been smokeless going on 5 months now.

I'll probably go with a gas-assisted cabinet smoker next. Somrthing
like this:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Outd...moker/12429510

The smoker will help you get better, too. Hang in there and glad your
tests the other day showed it shrinking!

-sw

Thanks, Steve. Appreciate your good wishes.

I thought about electric and propane, but I really do like playing with
charcoal.

Janet Wilder[_1_] 17-08-2013 05:53 AM

Gotta Get a New Smoker

On 8/16/2013 6:40 PM, John Smith wrote:
Sqwertz wrote:
I don't know how I posted this to alt.binaries.food instead of
alt.food.barbecue where the OP originated.

Typical troll bullshit.

I don't know what your problem is, but I've never had one with Steve.
He's always responded to my posts with kindness and interest. Maybe if
you were nicer, you'd get better responses, too.

Janet Wilder[_1_] 17-08-2013 04:03 PM

Gotta Get a New Smoker

On 8/17/2013 12:09 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 23:52:07 -0500, Janet Wilder wrote:

I thought about electric and propane, but I really do like playing with
charcoal.

I hear you. But I just can't find one locally. I ordered one online
last year and it came in all smashed to hell. So I won't be trying
that again.

-sw

DH got an Amazon gift card for his birthday in June. We have about $40
still left on it, so I'm thinking I'll get it from Amazon.

Janet Wilder[_1_] 17-08-2013 04:04 PM

Gotta Get a New Smoker

Sqwertz wrote:
I don't know how I posted this to alt.binaries.food instead of
alt.food.barbecue where the OP originated.

Typical troll bullshit.

I don't know what your problem is, but I've never had one with Steve.
He's always responded to my posts with kindness and interest. Maybe if
you were nicer, you'd get better responses, too.

It's just a troll, Janet. It has posted nearly 2,000 followups to
Marty and my posts in the last 2 months under various nyms. Pretty
much everybody on Usenet has killfiled him (especially RFC).

He'll be going back to school in a week or two. No doubt his teacher
will make him write an essay on, "What I did On My Summer Vacation".

BTW: Somebody was asking for you in RFC regarding kitten foster care.
It should be obvious by the thread title.

-sw

I'll try to find it. Haven't been there. Thanx

John Smith[_8_] 17-08-2013 06:52 PM

Gotta Get a New Smoker

Sqwertz wrote:
I don't know how I posted this to alt.binaries.food instead of
alt.food.barbecue where the OP originated.

Typical troll bullshit.

I don't know what your problem is, but I've never had one with Steve.
He's always responded to my posts with kindness and interest. Maybe if
you were nicer, you'd get better responses, too.

Wertz has been chasing people off groups for almost a decade.

If he has you fooled, so be it.

He had Omelet in austin.food fooled too, until:
On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 15:50:01 -0600, Jeremy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...

He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
meds.

For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

John Smith[_8_] 17-08-2013 06:53 PM

Gotta Get a New Smoker

Sqwertz wrote:
So I won't be trying
that again.

-sw

bigwheel 18-08-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet Wilder[_1_] (Post 1857872)
[...]

Well the pic in the link shown does not appear to be a Brinkmann Gourmet model..but rather a cheaper and more cumbersome unit which I think is called a Smoke n Grill or something similar. In everyday phraseology they are called ECB's..meaning el cheapo Brinkmann. My favorite cooking instrument is an electric Brinkmann Gourmet (red in color.) No nasty old charcoal or propane needed. Just need a few wood chunks and an electric plug. Walmart and Academy Sports normally sells them for less than a hundred bucks. I would not trade mine for all the tea in China..but they tend to be a bit wind sensitive so in certain conditions insulating helps maintain the heat. I put a big washtub down over the top of mine..or when It really gets nasty outside I dunk a 55 gallon barrel down over the top with the bottom of the barrel resting on a few bricks to make a gap where a little heat can escape. The smoker lives in the barrel when not in use. Best of fortunes on the medical issues.
Gourmet Electric Smoker & Grill (810-7080-K) | Brinkmann

Janet Wilder[_1_] 19-08-2013 01:01 AM

Gotta Get a New Smoker

On 8/18/2013 9:53 AM, bigwheel wrote:
'Janet Wilder[_1_ Wrote:
[...]

(http://www.brinkmann.net/products/de...tem=810-7080-K)

I did consider the Brinkmann electric, but the reviews pointed out the
difficulty with wind and I live in a very windy area. I'm not big
enough or strong enough to wrangle barrels and such, so I think I'll
just get me another Brinkmann Gourmet.

Thanks for the input and the good wishes.

bigwheel 19-08-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet Wilder[_1_] (Post 1858322)
'Janet Wilder[_1_ Wrote:
[...]

Hear you on that. Its pretty windy around here too. Wind sensitivity is an issue for all the little R2D2 water smokers regardless of the heat source. On most occasions if you can set the little critter in a protected area it works well. Now I hope to be a good enough boy for Santa to bring me one of these darling contraptions one of these days. I have a pal who has one and swears by it. Wind dont bother it in the least. Also good in Tornadoes and blizzards etc. He does catering for other mutual chums who are too lazy to fire up their offset log burning creosote factories.
SmokinTex 1400 Stainless Steel Electric Smoker. EASY TO USE ?Set It & Forget It" on eBay!

Sqwertocracy 20-08-2013 04:08 PM

Gotta Get a New Smoker

bigwheel wrote:
Hear you on that.

WEBTV!!! ROFL!!!!

Bla bla bla, you're so clever. NOT! ROFL! And the webtv reference....
seriously? *You're* making fun of *me* with webtv? Do you not realize that
you have just validated everyone who has laughed at you for it?

One note... you can't lay off the crossdressing stuff in your lame attempt
at humor. You got caught on it already, and we all know about it, and "I
know you are but what am I" doesn't fix it.

Now **** off and die, you phony little pussy, and next time you decide to
start flinging shit at people outside your own back yard, try to prepare
your freeble little mind for the fact that you need to be willing to take
what you dish out, because someone may do the same thing back at you. If
you're going to keep being a pussy who wants to give shit but screams like a
sissy baby when you get it back, you'll just spend your sad little life
going through episodes like this where your true nature is revealed to all.

I'm done with you now, shithead. That is, unless you want more.

And unless you decide to resume making personal attacks on people who are
trying to discuss reasonable things. A little good natured banter between
rivals is fine, but you cannot seem to understand why it's offensive to
invade other forums and turn on a tirade of hateful personal attacks on
individuals. So if you go that route again, I'll be back on your ass, with
Goatboy, Ronald, and a bunch more tasty morsels. And go ahead and post all
the stupid shit you want in the Chiefs forums... you're not getting any
action because they are too smart to take your juvenile bait.... and
besides, yuou're just not funny.

Now please refrain from being an asshole and I will do the same.... or not,
your choice.

Besides, I can be a much bigger asshole than you when provoked, so do the
smart thing while you have this one opportunity at a truce.

MBKC

Jethro Bodine 20-08-2013 05:43 PM

Gotta Get a New Smoker

Sqwertz wrote:
So I won't be trying
that again.

-sw

I am Marty Bodine in Kansas City and I kill off groups along with Steve
Wertz of Austin, TX.

Feel me now: