Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Gotta Get a New Smoker

Hi there my favorite Q gurus.

I know I had posted this a few months ago, but brain ia aging and I have
completely forgotten everything.

I had pretty good success with a Brinkmann Gourmet green bullet smoker,
but living here in way-the-heck-South Texas, the bottom of the dang
thing rusted out and I need another smoker.

Should I just go to Lowes and buy another or should I try some other
brand in a similar price range. I'm talking between $80 and $125 at the
highest.

I use sand in the water pan and lump charcoal. I have a remote
thermometer and charcoal starter chimney and a cover for Brinkman
Gourmet #1.

There is an entire brisket in the freezer and a couple of corned beefs
begging to be transformed into pastrami.

I'm dong some chemo for a surprise case of small cell lung cancer and
it's working, but I want to do something nice for DH who has been so
awesome through this s--t.

TIA for your help.

Y'all know that I named my home made BBQ sauce "AFB" after all of you?

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 8/16/2013 12:15 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> Hi there my favorite Q gurus.
>
> I know I had posted this a few months ago, but brain ia aging and I have
> completely forgotten everything.
>
> I had pretty good success with a Brinkmann Gourmet green bullet smoker,
> but living here in way-the-heck-South Texas, the bottom of the dang
> thing rusted out and I need another smoker.
>
> Should I just go to Lowes and buy another or should I try some other
> brand in a similar price range. I'm talking between $80 and $125 at the
> highest.

If you want to stick with charcoal, that is a good choice. If you want
to consider gas, Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain and use wood chunks.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> I don't know how I posted this to alt.binaries.food instead of
> alt.food.barbecue where the OP originated.

Typical troll bullshit.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 8/16/2013 5:56 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> I don't know how I posted this to alt.binaries.food instead of
> alt.food.barbecue where the OP originated.
>
> Fixing that now...
>
> On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 16:54:03 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 11:15:14 -0500, Janet Wilder wrote:
>>
>>> I had pretty good success with a Brinkmann Gourmet green bullet smoker,
>>> but living here in way-the-heck-South Texas, the bottom of the dang
>>> thing rusted out and I need another smoker.
>>>
>>> Should I just go to Lowes and buy another or should I try some other
>>> brand in a similar price range. I'm talking between $80 and $125 at the
>>> highest.

>> Our Lowe's don't carry them any more. Nor Home Depot. Nor anybody
>> else in town. Which is why I've been smokeless going on 5 months now.
>>
>> I'll probably go with a gas-assisted cabinet smoker next. Somrthing
>> like this:
>>
>> http://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Outd...moker/12429510
>>
>> The smoker will help you get better, too. Hang in there and glad your
>> tests the other day showed it shrinking!
>>
>> -sw

Thanks, Steve. Appreciate your good wishes.

I thought about electric and propane, but I really do like playing with
charcoal.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 8/16/2013 6:40 PM, John Smith wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
>> I don't know how I posted this to alt.binaries.food instead of
>> alt.food.barbecue where the OP originated.

> Typical troll bullshit.

I don't know what your problem is, but I've never had one with Steve.
He's always responded to my posts with kindness and interest. Maybe if
you were nicer, you'd get better responses, too.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 8/17/2013 12:09 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 23:52:07 -0500, Janet Wilder wrote:
>
>> I thought about electric and propane, but I really do like playing with
>> charcoal.

> I hear you. But I just can't find one locally. I ordered one online
> last year and it came in all smashed to hell. So I won't be trying
> that again.
>
> -sw

DH got an Amazon gift card for his birthday in June. We have about $40
still left on it, so I'm thinking I'll get it from Amazon.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 8/17/2013 12:13 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 23:53:21 -0500, Janet Wilder wrote:

>>> Typical troll bullshit.

>> I don't know what your problem is, but I've never had one with Steve.
>> He's always responded to my posts with kindness and interest. Maybe if
>> you were nicer, you'd get better responses, too.

> It's just a troll, Janet. It has posted nearly 2,000 followups to
> Marty and my posts in the last 2 months under various nyms. Pretty
> much everybody on Usenet has killfiled him (especially RFC).
>
> He'll be going back to school in a week or two. No doubt his teacher
> will make him write an essay on, "What I did On My Summer Vacation".
>
> BTW: Somebody was asking for you in RFC regarding kitten foster care.
> It should be obvious by the thread title.
>
> -sw

I'll try to find it. Haven't been there. Thanx

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 8/16/2013 6:40 PM, John Smith wrote:
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>> I don't know how I posted this to alt.binaries.food instead of
>>> alt.food.barbecue where the OP originated.

>> Typical troll bullshit.

> I don't know what your problem is, but I've never had one with Steve.
> He's always responded to my posts with kindness and interest. Maybe if
> you were nicer, you'd get better responses, too.

Wertz has been chasing people off groups for almost a decade.

If he has you fooled, so be it.

He had Omelet in austin.food fooled too, until:
On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 15:50:01 -0600, Jeremy wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
>
>> He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...

> He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
> I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
> trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
> deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
> meds.

For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> It's just a troll, Janet. It has posted nearly 2,000 followups

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 15:50:01 -0600, Jeremy wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
>
>> He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...

> He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
> I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
> trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
> deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
> meds.

For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> So I won't be trying
> that again.
>
> -sw

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 15:50:01 -0600, Jeremy wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
>
>> He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...

> He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
> I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
> trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
> deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
> meds.

For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet Wilder[_1_] View Post
[...]

Well the pic in the link shown does not appear to be a Brinkmann Gourmet model..but rather a cheaper and more cumbersome unit which I think is called a Smoke n Grill or something similar. In everyday phraseology they are called ECB's..meaning el cheapo Brinkmann. My favorite cooking instrument is an electric Brinkmann Gourmet (red in color.) No nasty old charcoal or propane needed. Just need a few wood chunks and an electric plug. Walmart and Academy Sports normally sells them for less than a hundred bucks. I would not trade mine for all the tea in China..but they tend to be a bit wind sensitive so in certain conditions insulating helps maintain the heat. I put a big washtub down over the top of mine..or when It really gets nasty outside I dunk a 55 gallon barrel down over the top with the bottom of the barrel resting on a few bricks to make a gap where a little heat can escape. The smoker lives in the barrel when not in use. Best of fortunes on the medical issues.
Gourmet Electric Smoker & Grill (810-7080-K) | Brinkmann

Last edited by bigwheel : 18-08-2013 at 03:56 PM
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 8/18/2013 9:53 AM, bigwheel wrote:
> 'Janet Wilder[_1_ Wrote:
>> ;1857872']Hi there my favorite Q gurus.
>>
>> I know I had posted this a few months ago, but brain ia aging and I have
>>
>> completely forgotten everything.
>>
>> I had pretty good success with a Brinkmann Gourmet green bullet smoker,
>>
>> but living here in way-the-heck-South Texas, the bottom of the dang
>> thing rusted out and I need another smoker.
>>
>> Should I just go to Lowes and buy another or should I try some other
>> brand in a similar price range. I'm talking between $80 and $125 at the
>>
>> highest.
>>
>> I use sand in the water pan and lump charcoal. I have a remote
>> thermometer and charcoal starter chimney and a cover for Brinkman
>> Gourmet #1.
>>
>> There is an entire brisket in the freezer and a couple of corned beefs
>> begging to be transformed into pastrami.
>>
>> I'm dong some chemo for a surprise case of small cell lung cancer and
>> it's working, but I want to do something nice for DH who has been so
>> awesome through this s--t.
>>
>> TIA for your help.
>>
>> Y'all know that I named my home made BBQ sauce "AFB" after all of you?
>>

>> --
>> Janet Wilder
>> Way-the-heck-south Texas
>> Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

> Well the pic in the link shown does not appear to be a Brinkmann Gourmet
> model..but rather a cheaper and more cumbersome unit which I think is
> called a Smoke n Grill or something similar. In everyday phraseology
> they are called ECB's..meaning el cheapo Brinkmann. My favorite cooking
> instrument is an electric Brinkmann Gourmet (red in color.) No nasty old
> charcoal or propane needed. Just need a few wood chunks and an electric
> plug. Walmart and Academy Sports normally sells them for less than a
> hundred bucks. I would not trade mine for all the tea in China..but they
> tend to be a bit wind sensitive so in certain conditions insulating
> helps maintain the heat. I put a big washtub down over the top of
> mine..or when It really gets nasty outside I dunk a 55 gallon barrel
> down over the top with the bottom of the barrel resting on a few bricks
> to make a gap where a little heat can escape. The smoker lives in the
> barrel when not in use. Best of fortunes on the medical issues.
> 'Gourmet Electric Smoker & Grill (810-7080-K) | Brinkmann'
> (http://www.brinkmann.net/products/de...tem=810-7080-K)

I did consider the Brinkmann electric, but the reviews pointed out the
difficulty with wind and I live in a very windy area. I'm not big
enough or strong enough to wrangle barrels and such, so I think I'll
just get me another Brinkmann Gourmet.

Thanks for the input and the good wishes.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Senior Member

'Janet Wilder[_1_ Wrote:
[...]

Hear you on that. Its pretty windy around here too. Wind sensitivity is an issue for all the little R2D2 water smokers regardless of the heat source. On most occasions if you can set the little critter in a protected area it works well. Now I hope to be a good enough boy for Santa to bring me one of these darling contraptions one of these days. I have a pal who has one and swears by it. Wind dont bother it in the least. Also good in Tornadoes and blizzards etc. He does catering for other mutual chums who are too lazy to fire up their offset log burning creosote factories.
SmokinTex 1400 Stainless Steel Electric Smoker. EASY TO USE ?Set It & Forget It" on eBay!

Last edited by bigwheel : 19-08-2013 at 06:46 PM
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

bigwheel wrote:
> Hear you on that.

WEBTV!!! ROFL!!!!

Bla bla bla, you're so clever. NOT! ROFL! And the webtv reference....
seriously? *You're* making fun of *me* with webtv? Do you not realize that
you have just validated everyone who has laughed at you for it?

One note... you can't lay off the crossdressing stuff in your lame attempt
at humor. You got caught on it already, and we all know about it, and "I
know you are but what am I" doesn't fix it.

Now **** off and die, you phony little pussy, and next time you decide to
start flinging shit at people outside your own back yard, try to prepare
your freeble little mind for the fact that you need to be willing to take
what you dish out, because someone may do the same thing back at you. If
you're going to keep being a pussy who wants to give shit but screams like a
sissy baby when you get it back, you'll just spend your sad little life
going through episodes like this where your true nature is revealed to all.

I'm done with you now, shithead. That is, unless you want more.

And unless you decide to resume making personal attacks on people who are
trying to discuss reasonable things. A little good natured banter between
rivals is fine, but you cannot seem to understand why it's offensive to
invade other forums and turn on a tirade of hateful personal attacks on
individuals. So if you go that route again, I'll be back on your ass, with
Goatboy, Ronald, and a bunch more tasty morsels. And go ahead and post all
the stupid shit you want in the Chiefs forums... you're not getting any
action because they are too smart to take your juvenile bait.... and
besides, yuou're just not funny.

Now please refrain from being an asshole and I will do the same.... or not,
your choice.

Besides, I can be a much bigger asshole than you when provoked, so do the
smart thing while you have this one opportunity at a truce.

MBKC

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> So I won't be trying
> that again.
>
> -sw

I am Marty Bodine in Kansas City and I kill off groups along with Steve
Wertz of Austin, TX.

Feel me now:

[...]

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Consider this, I have a cooker that has a cooking chamber to dimension of a kitchen oven , comes with two adjustable grids. you can do burgers or brisket to spare ribs. it comes fully insulated, is virtually wind and rain proof. Coals can be maintained without opening cook zone, as in add coals without losing heat. Has a special drawer under cooking chamber to facilitate this. How much for one of these? Well, I paid $15 for mine. What is it? It's an old gas stove with the bottom metal removed. Best damn cooker I ever had.

Michael
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

piedmont wrote:
> It's an old gas stove with the bottom metal removed. Best damn cooker I ever had.
>

> Michael

Will marty's head fit in it?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 8/23/2013 1:43 PM, piedmont wrote:
> Consider this, I have a cooker that has a cooking chamber to dimension of a kitchen oven , comes with two adjustable grids. you can do burgers or brisket to spare ribs. it comes fully insulated, is virtually wind and rain proof. Coals can be maintained without opening cook zone, as in add coals without losing heat. Has a special drawer under cooking chamber to facilitate this. How much for one of these? Well, I paid $15 for mine. What is it? It's an old gas stove with the bottom metal removed. Best damn cooker I ever had.
>

> Michael

I would not want that in my yard. The Brinkmann Gourmet has been ordered.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Janet Wilder wrote:
>> What is it? It's an old gas stove with the
>> bottom metal removed. Best damn cooker I ever had.
>>

>> Michael
>>

> I would not want that in my yard. The Brinkmann Gourmet has been ordered.

Ain't no way Marty's gonna fit in that Brinkmann...

Ya'll are gonna have to chop him up.
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqwertocracy View Post
bigwheel wrote:
[...]

Wow..that has bound to have been therapeutic. Always love irrational liberal puke sessions. Fine job. What is up with the Web TV reference? Are you sure you dont have me confused with somebody else? Did we know each other before your gender reassignment surgery maybe?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food

bigwheel wrote:
> Sqwertocracy;1858725 Wrote:
>> bigwheel wrote:-
>> Hear you on that.-
>> WEBTV!!! ROFL!!!!
>>
>> Bla bla bla, you're so clever. NOT! ROFL! And the webtv reference....
>> seriously? *You're* making fun of *me* with webtv? Do you not realize
>> that
>> you have just validated everyone who has laughed at you for it?
>>
>> One note... you can't lay off the crossdressing stuff in your lame
>> attempt
>> at humor. You got caught on it already, and we all know about it, and
>> "I
>> know you are but what am I" doesn't fix it.
>>
>> Now **** off and die, you phony little pussy, and next time you decide
>> start flinging shit at people outside your own back yard, try to
>> prepare
>> your freeble little mind for the fact that you need to be willing to
>> take
>> what you dish out, because someone may do the same thing back at you.
>> If
>> you're going to keep being a pussy who wants to give shit but screams
>> like a
>> sissy baby when you get it back, you'll just spend your sad little life
>> going through episodes like this where your true nature is revealed to
>> all.
>>
>> I'm done with you now, shithead. That is, unless you want more.
>>
>> And unless you decide to resume making personal attacks on people who
>> are
>> trying to discuss reasonable things. A little good natured banter
>> between
>> rivals is fine, but you cannot seem to understand why it's offensive to
>> invade other forums and turn on a tirade of hateful personal attacks on
>> individuals. So if you go that route again, I'll be back on your ass,
>> with
>> Goatboy, Ronald, and a bunch more tasty morsels. And go ahead and post
>> all
>> the stupid shit you want in the Chiefs forums... you're not getting any
>> action because they are too smart to take your juvenile bait.... and
>> besides, yuou're just not funny.
>>
>> Now please refrain from being an asshole and I will do the same.... or
>> not,
>> your choice.
>>
>> Besides, I can be a much bigger asshole than you when provoked, so do
>> the
>> smart thing while you have this one opportunity at a truce.
>>
>> MBKC

> Wow..that has bound to have been therapeutic.

Marty B is like that, even when quoted and having his own nose rubbed in
his turd-speak.

> Always love irrational
> liberal puke sessions. Fine job. What is up with the Web TV reference?
> Are you sure you dont have me confused with somebody else? Did we know
> each other before your gender reassignment surgery maybe?

Those were the quoted words of one Marty Bodine of Kansas City who
thinks he owns and runs this usenet medium, across several groups
including alt.food.barbecue, alt.sports.pro.football.kc-chiefs,
rec.food.cooking, and alt.food.fast-food.

You should certainly feel free to address them with HIM, eh?

Use these next resources to get to know know HIM better:

http://www.kcbs.us/teams.php?page=1&alph=K&id=2307

http://www.kcbs.us/news.php?id=428

http://www.worldfoodchampionships.co...martygerry.jpg

http://www.kcbs.us/photos/10GABBdsc_0115.jpg

Senior Member

bigwheel wrote:-
[...]

Kansas City Barbeque Society

Kansas City Barbeque Society

Page Not Found - World Food Championships

http://www.kcbs.us/photos/10GABBdsc_0115.jpg
Ahhh appears to be one of the yankme wet lettuce bbq crowd huh? Thanks for the heads up on that. They are a foul tempered bunch. They are jealous of Texas. That's it.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Friday, August 23, 2013 12:24:05 PM UTC-7, Janet Wilder wrote:

> I would not want that in my yard. The Brinkmann Gourmet has been ordered.

Thinking of double stacking it?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 8/25/2013 10:44 AM, tutall wrote:
> On Friday, August 23, 2013 12:24:05 PM UTC-7, Janet Wilder wrote:
>

>> I would not want that in my yard. The Brinkmann Gourmet has been ordered.

> Thinking of double stacking it?

I don't know what that means.

The Brinkmann has arrived. As soon as I reel up to it, I'll do a pastrami.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

>> Thinking of double stacking it?
>>

> I don't know what that means.
>
> The Brinkmann has arrived. As soon as I reel up to it, I'll do a pastrami.

A Bodine in the chamber would be better.

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by piedmont View Post
Consider this, I have a cooker that has a cooking chamber to dimension of a kitchen oven , comes with two adjustable grids. you can do burgers or brisket to spare ribs. it comes fully insulated, is virtually wind and rain proof. Coals can be maintained without opening cook zone, as in add coals without losing heat. Has a special drawer under cooking chamber to facilitate this. How much for one of these? Well, I paid $15 for mine. What is it? It's an old gas stove with the bottom metal removed. Best damn cooker I ever had.

Michael
There ya go. I like to cook in old ice boxes..but the Warden say it looks a bit too ghetto to have the defunct appliances laying around in the yard. What does your boss say?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

bigwheel wrote:
> What does your boss say?

HE SAYS COOK MARTY b TO WELL DONE, NOW.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

bigwheel wrote:
> They are jealous of Texas. That's it.

Mary Bodine bends over for Texan cock.

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqwertz View Post
On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 23:52:07 -0500, Janet Wilder wrote:

I thought about electric and propane, but I really do like playing with
charcoal.

I hear you. But I just can't find one locally. I ordered one online
last year and it came in all smashed to hell. So I won't be trying
that again.

-sw
Not sure how yall are fixed for wholesale grocery distributors..but we have two big ones in this area one called Sysco Foods and the other Ben E. Keith who also happen to be a big beer distributor. At any rate they peddle charcoal to restaurants and delis etc. They have some very good Mexican Mesquite lump which comes in 40 lb bags. Ideal fodder for big pits but the chunks vary too much in size to be useful in small water smokers. The latest brand I got from them is called Chefs Choice. Was about 12 bucks per bag last I checked. Sysco tends to be a bit crappier about dealing with non commercial purchases..so it can be ordered and delivered to any kind of store..restaurant..hospital..jail..school..bar etc..which buys stuff from them and where a person might have a friend willing to help them snag some...and picked up on the premises. Ben E. Keith is a bit more rational and has a public purchase dock where you can step and fetch it yourself at a higher price plus sales tax etc. Anyway just some angles to pursue on that. If you ever run into any B&B Charcoal from Texas. Stay away from it. Highly nasty stuff. Best of fortunes.

http://www.manta.com/c/mmn0mpl/chef-...quite-charcoal

Last edited by bigwheel : 26-08-2013 at 07:40 PM
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

bigwheel wrote:
> Best of fortunes.

Sqwerty's made his fortune killing austin.food off.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 8/25/2013 6:07 PM, bigwheel wrote:
> piedmont;1859466 Wrote:
>> Consider this, I have a cooker that has a cooking chamber to dimension
>> of a kitchen oven , comes with two adjustable grids. you can do burgers
>> or brisket to spare ribs. it comes fully insulated, is virtually wind
>> and rain proof. Coals can be maintained without opening cook zone, as in
>> add coals without losing heat. Has a special drawer under cooking
>> chamber to facilitate this. How much for one of these? Well, I paid $15
>> for mine. What is it? It's an old gas stove with the bottom metal
>> removed. Best damn cooker I ever had.
>>

>> Michael

> There ya go. I like to cook in old ice boxes..but the Warden say it
> looks a bit too ghetto to have the defunct appliances laying around in
> the yard. What does your boss say?

I used the theory of; start off big-N-ugly with a 55 gallon barrel, so
an appliance white used gas stove is prettier, she was in.

But to appease her vision of yardly beauty, I'm on the look out for a
stainless steel used gas stove.

I'm sooo impressed with the sweet way it cooks I am never going to use
any other cooker. Here is a pic...

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/...psa39f13b0.jpg

Michael, Piedmont, The Practical BBQ'r...
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 8/30/2013 6:54 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Aug 2013 17:44:10 -0400, mawil1013 wrote:
>
>> I used the theory of; start off big-N-ugly with a 55 gallon barrel, so
>> an appliance white used gas stove is prettier, she was in.
>>
>> But to appease her vision of yardly beauty, I'm on the look out for a
>> stainless steel used gas stove.
>>
>> I'm sooo impressed with the sweet way it cooks I am never going to use
>> any other cooker. Here is a pic...
>>
>> http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/...psa39f13b0.jpg

> The cobwebs coming from the upper element add that nice hillbilly
> touch!
>
> -sw

LOL!
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> The cobwebs coming from the upper element add that nice hillbilly
> touch!
>
> -sw

Plus it's mayo white, right sqwerty?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 30 Aug 2013 17:44:10 -0400, mawil1013 > wrote:

>>> Consider this, I have a cooker that has a cooking chamber to dimension
>>> of a kitchen oven , comes with two adjustable grids. you can do burgers
>>> or brisket to spare ribs. it comes fully insulated, is virtually wind
>>> and rain proof. Coals can be maintained without opening cook zone, as in
>>> add coals without losing heat. Has a special drawer under cooking
>>> chamber to facilitate this. How much for one of these? Well, I paid $15
>>> for mine. What is it? It's an old gas stove with the bottom metal
>>> removed. Best damn cooker I ever had.
>>>

>>> Michael

That is genius. Please keep us up to date on your progress. Best idea
I've read here in years.

Cam
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawil1013 View Post
piedmont;1859466 Wrote:
[...]

Looks great. Smart thinking on that one. Bet a person might could even put a electric element in the bottom on that puppy and get rid on the nasty old charcoal. Broke down SS restaurant stoves are prob fairly inexpensive. Had a pal who could have got anything a person might want along that line in his long tour as official Maintenance Man for the famous Waffle House chain. He dont work there any longer so that deal it out..lol. Maybe you could make friends with a guy like that? Would also not hurt to bug some of the used restaurant supply places. Course they tend to be proud of their stuff so dont get a skinning on it.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 9/1/2013 1:22 PM, bigwheel wrote:

> mawil1013;1861416 Wrote:
>> On 8/25/2013 6:07 PM, bigwheel wrote:-
>> piedmont;1859466 Wrote:-
>> Consider this, I have a cooker that has a cooking chamber to dimension
>> of a kitchen oven , comes with two adjustable grids. you can do
>> burgers
>> or brisket to spare ribs. it comes fully insulated, is virtually wind
>> and rain proof. Coals can be maintained without opening cook zone, as
>> in
>> add coals without losing heat. Has a special drawer under cooking
>> chamber to facilitate this. How much for one of these? Well, I paid
>> $15
>> for mine. What is it? It's an old gas stove with the bottom metal
>> removed. Best damn cooker I ever had.
>>

>> Michael-
>>
>> There ya go. I like to cook in old ice boxes..but the Warden say it
>> looks a bit too ghetto to have the defunct appliances laying around in
>> the yard. What does your boss say?
>>

>> -
>> I used the theory of; start off big-N-ugly with a 55 gallon barrel, so
>> an appliance white used gas stove is prettier, she was in.
>>
>> But to appease her vision of yardly beauty, I'm on the look out for a
>> stainless steel used gas stove.
>>
>> I'm sooo impressed with the sweet way it cooks I am never going to use
>> any other cooker. Here is a pic...
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/l4yzl7x Michael, Piedmont, The Practical BBQ'r...

> Looks great. Smart thinking on that one. Bet a person might could even
> put a electric element in the bottom on that puppy and get rid on the
> nasty old charcoal. Broke down SS restaurant stoves are prob fairly
> inexpensive. Had a pal who could have got anything a person might want
> along that line in his long tour as official Maintenance Man for the
> famous Waffle House chain. He dont work there any longer so that deal it
> out..lol. Maybe you could make friends with a guy like that? Would also
> not hurt to bug some of the used restaurant supply places. Course they
> tend to be proud of their stuff so dont get a skinning on it.

It would be easy to modify with whatever you wanted inside the bottom
drawer, for sure. But I like my Kingsford. I do have the desire to
temporarily add an electric pan to do some cold smoking in the future.
Senior Member

piedmont;1859466 Wrote:-
[...]

As insulated as that puppy bound to be should be just fine for cooking stuff too. Not sure why anybody would like Kingsford. Mighty nasty and evil stuff.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

bigwheel wrote:
> Not sure why anybody would like Kingsford. Mighty nasty and
> evil stuff.

Marty B gobbles it up.