Old 30-08-2013, 10:44 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Gotta Get a New Smoker

On 8/25/2013 6:07 PM, bigwheel wrote:
piedmont;1859466 Wrote:
Consider this, I have a cooker that has a cooking chamber to dimension
of a kitchen oven , comes with two adjustable grids. you can do burgers
or brisket to spare ribs. it comes fully insulated, is virtually wind
and rain proof. Coals can be maintained without opening cook zone, as in
add coals without losing heat. Has a special drawer under cooking
chamber to facilitate this. How much for one of these? Well, I paid $15
for mine. What is it? It's an old gas stove with the bottom metal
removed. Best damn cooker I ever had.

Michael

There ya go. I like to cook in old ice boxes..but the Warden say it
looks a bit too ghetto to have the defunct appliances laying around in
the yard. What does your boss say?

I used the theory of; start off big-N-ugly with a 55 gallon barrel, so
an appliance white used gas stove is prettier, she was in.

But to appease her vision of yardly beauty, I'm on the look out for a
stainless steel used gas stove.

I'm sooo impressed with the sweet way it cooks I am never going to use
any other cooker. Here is a pic...

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/...psa39f13b0.jpg

Michael, Piedmont, The Practical BBQ'r...

Old 31-08-2013, 12:53 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 8/30/2013 6:54 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Fri, 30 Aug 2013 17:44:10 -0400, mawil1013 wrote:

I used the theory of; start off big-N-ugly with a 55 gallon barrel, so
an appliance white used gas stove is prettier, she was in.

But to appease her vision of yardly beauty, I'm on the look out for a
stainless steel used gas stove.

I'm sooo impressed with the sweet way it cooks I am never going to use
any other cooker. Here is a pic...

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/...psa39f13b0.jpg

The cobwebs coming from the upper element add that nice hillbilly
touch!

-sw

LOL!
Old 31-08-2013, 01:49 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
The cobwebs coming from the upper element add that nice hillbilly
touch!

-sw

Plus it's mayo white, right sqwerty?
Old 01-09-2013, 12:51 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 30 Aug 2013 17:44:10 -0400, mawil1013 wrote:

Consider this, I have a cooker that has a cooking chamber to dimension
of a kitchen oven , comes with two adjustable grids. you can do burgers
or brisket to spare ribs. it comes fully insulated, is virtually wind
and rain proof. Coals can be maintained without opening cook zone, as in
add coals without losing heat. Has a special drawer under cooking
chamber to facilitate this. How much for one of these? Well, I paid $15
for mine. What is it? It's an old gas stove with the bottom metal
removed. Best damn cooker I ever had.

Michael

That is genius. Please keep us up to date on your progress. Best idea
I've read here in years.

Cam
Old 01-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawil1013 View Post
piedmont;1859466 Wrote:
[...]

Looks great. Smart thinking on that one. Bet a person might could even put a electric element in the bottom on that puppy and get rid on the nasty old charcoal. Broke down SS restaurant stoves are prob fairly inexpensive. Had a pal who could have got anything a person might want along that line in his long tour as official Maintenance Man for the famous Waffle House chain. He dont work there any longer so that deal it out..lol. Maybe you could make friends with a guy like that? Would also not hurt to bug some of the used restaurant supply places. Course they tend to be proud of their stuff so dont get a skinning on it.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:04 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

-

http://tinyurl.com/l4yzl7x Michael, Piedmont, The Practical BBQ'r...

Looks great. Smart thinking on that one. Bet a person might could even
put a electric element in the bottom on that puppy and get rid on the
nasty old charcoal. Broke down SS restaurant stoves are prob fairly
inexpensive. Had a pal who could have got anything a person might want
along that line in his long tour as official Maintenance Man for the
famous Waffle House chain. He dont work there any longer so that deal it
out..lol. Maybe you could make friends with a guy like that? Would also
not hurt to bug some of the used restaurant supply places. Course they
tend to be proud of their stuff so dont get a skinning on it.

It would be easy to modify with whatever you wanted inside the bottom
drawer, for sure. But I like my Kingsford. I do have the desire to
temporarily add an electric pan to do some cold smoking in the future.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:39 AM
Senior Member

piedmont;1859466 Wrote:-
[...]

As insulated as that puppy bound to be should be just fine for cooking stuff too. Not sure why anybody would like Kingsford. Mighty nasty and evil stuff.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:44 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

bigwheel wrote:
Not sure why anybody would like Kingsford. Mighty nasty and
evil stuff.

Marty B gobbles it up.