FoodBanter.com

-   -   Pulled pork, and pineapple? Anyone do this? (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/425026-pulled-pork-pineapple-anyone.html)

Tutall 26-07-2013 02:03 AM

Pulled pork, and pineapple? Anyone do this?

Wife is going to cater a small wedding (on the cheap, hence my wife and not a catering company) and they are thinking of a Hawaii theme.

Anyone do pulled pork with pineapple, or have some ideas?

Dr. Sneck 26-07-2013 05:12 PM

tutall wrote:

> Wife is going to cater a small wedding (on the cheap, hence my wife and not a catering company) and they are thinking of a Hawaii theme.
>
> Anyone do pulled pork with pineapple, or have some ideas?

Marty will pull yer pork, and the wifey can suck the pineapple.

Nanzi 29-07-2013 03:12 PM

Pulled pork, and pineapple? Anyone do this?

We frequently put a small can of pineapple juice inwith the pork when we take it off the grill to 'rest' for a couple or 3 hours before serving. Very tasty indeed. Also do the same with brisket, & ribs.
Nan in DE

Dr. Sneck 29-07-2013 05:08 PM

Nanzi wrote:
> We frequently put a small can of pineapple juice inwith the pork when we
> take it off the grill to 'rest' for a couple or 3 hours before serving.
> Very tasty indeed. Also do the same with brisket, & ribs.
> Nan in DE

Marty would take that up his arse.

bigwheel 30-07-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tutall (Post 1851949)
Wife is going to cater a small wedding (on the cheap, hence my wife and not a catering company) and they are thinking of a Hawaii theme.

Anyone do pulled pork with pineapple, or have some ideas?

That dont sound very appetizing. Now a person could cook up some fresh picnics to the sliceable stage...185-190 internal...slice it thick and place a pineapple ring on top of the slices. There ya go.

Tutall 30-07-2013 10:55 PM

On Tuesday, July 30, 2013 9:15:12 AM UTC-7, bigwheel wrote:
> tutall;1851949 Wrote:
>
> > Wife is going to cater a small wedding (on the cheap, hence my wife and
> > not a catering company) and they are thinking of a Hawaii theme.
> > Anyone do pulled pork with pineapple, or have some ideas?

> That dont sound very appetizing. Now a person could cook up some fresh
> picnics to the sliceable stage...185-190 internal...slice it thick and
> place a pineapple ring on top of the slices. There ya go.

Kinda what we were thinking actually. Not during the cook!
She saw a slaw recipe that uses pineapple, gonna test it on ourselves this weekend. You know I most always some pulled pork in the freezer.... and brisket.

Dr. Sneck 01-08-2013 05:00 AM

tutall wrote:
> How you like having your own groupie? Too bad this one sucks ass instead of dick, even if he's a cocksucker.

Wow, you and Marty must go way back, and I do mean back...

bigwheel 01-08-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tutall (Post 1853454)
tutall;1851949 Wrote:

Wife is going to cater a small wedding (on the cheap, hence my wife and
not a catering company) and they are thinking of a Hawaii theme.
Anyone do pulled pork with pineapple, or have some ideas?

That dont sound very appetizing. Now a person could cook up some fresh
picnics to the sliceable stage...185-190 internal...slice it thick and
place a pineapple ring on top of the slices. There ya go.

Kinda what we were thinking actually. Not during the cook!
She saw a slaw recipe that uses pineapple, gonna test it on ourselves this weekend. You know I most always some pulled pork in the freezer.... and brisket.

Glad to hear you stay well stocked. We had a similar blessing when we were in the comp cooking hobby a few years back. Recall an old Moss Back on the cooking circuit said one time. It was about our 2nd cookoff and maybe a few hundred for him when I happen to inquire, "Do yall like to eat bbq." He say..."Hell no Son.,.My neighbor's dogs do not even like bbq anymore." lol. Always thought that was a classic..and later found it highly true. I am just now getting able to get a whiff of woodsmoke without heaving.

tom 02-08-2013 04:13 AM

Pulled pork, and pineapple? Anyone do this?

> tutall;1851949 Wrote:
>> Wife is going to cater a small wedding (on the cheap, hence my wife and
>> not a catering company) and they are thinking of a Hawaii theme.
>>
>> Anyone do pulled pork with pineapple, or have some ideas?

Tacos al Pastor

"1 pineapple, peeled, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...-Pastor-242132

Tutall 02-08-2013 04:57 PM

On Thursday, August 1, 2013 8:13:35 PM UTC-7, tom wrote:
> > tutall;1851949 Wrote:

> >> Wife is going to cater a small wedding (on the cheap, hence my wife and

> >> not a catering company) and they are thinking of a Hawaii theme.

> >> Anyone do pulled pork with pineapple, or have some ideas?

> Tacos al Pastor
>

> "1 pineapple, peeled, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds"

> http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...-Pastor-242132

Thank you, looks good, forwarded it to her. Looks really tasty.