FoodBanter.com

-   -   Greek style rotisserie ribs (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/424678-greek-style-rotisserie-ribs.html)

casa bona[_2_] 30-06-2013 08:41 PM

Greek style rotisserie ribs

As mentioned, and using the trusty gas grill rotisserie, or that cool
looking Farberware electric rotisserie.

Ingredients:

2-3lbs. pork baby back ribs

Marinade:

1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil.
zest of 1 lemon, finely minced
1/4 cup dry sherry or vermouth to preference
juice of one large lemon
1 tablespoon fresh marjoram, finely minced
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely minced
1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1 teaspoon kosher salt

Incorporate using a wire whisk - a food processor will emulsify too much.

Reserve 1/2 for basting, marinate the ribs for 6 hours with the rest.

Wind the baby back ribs through the rotisserie rod in a running u-shaped
profile for maximum exposure, trap either end tightly with the prongs
and set the locking screws down.

Set the grille for direct but lower temperature, using either the back
infrared burner(if you have one), or the main burners on low.

Keep a spray bottle of water handy to avoid flareups.

The lower the grilling temp and the cleaner the grill, the less problems.

Cook for 1.5-2 hours over a medium-low heat (325-350F) basting regularly
with the reserved marinade.

The ribs are done when they reach an internal temp of 165-175 and the
meat begins to pull back a bit from the bones.

On my grill that is usually closer to 1.5 hours, a windy day can alter
that time.

Remove to a platter, carve, then garnish with chopped flat leaf parsley,
and serve with lemon wedges.

Enjoy!

bigwheel 01-07-2013 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casa bona[_2_] (Post 1844679)
[...]

Sounds good. Thanks.

casa bona[_2_] 01-07-2013 03:13 AM

On 6/30/2013 7:52 PM, bigwheel wrote:
> 'casa bona[_2_ Wrote:
>> ;1844679']As mentioned, and using the trusty gas grill rotisserie, or
>> that cool
>> looking Farberware electric rotisserie.
>>
>> Ingredients:
>>
>> 2-3lbs. pork baby back ribs
>>
>> Marinade:
>>
>> 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil.
>> zest of 1 lemon, finely minced
>> 1/4 cup dry sherry or vermouth to preference
>> juice of one large lemon
>> 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram, finely minced
>> 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
>> 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely minced
>> 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
>> 1 teaspoon kosher salt
>>
>> Incorporate using a wire whisk - a food processor will emulsify too
>> much.
>>
>> Reserve 1/2 for basting, marinate the ribs for 6 hours with the rest.
>>
>> Wind the baby back ribs through the rotisserie rod in a running u-shaped
>>
>> profile for maximum exposure, trap either end tightly with the prongs
>> and set the locking screws down.
>>
>> Set the grille for direct but lower temperature, using either the back
>> infrared burner(if you have one), or the main burners on low.
>>
>> Keep a spray bottle of water handy to avoid flareups.
>>
>> The lower the grilling temp and the cleaner the grill, the less
>> problems.
>>
>> Cook for 1.5-2 hours over a medium-low heat (325-350F) basting regularly
>>
>> with the reserved marinade.
>>
>> The ribs are done when they reach an internal temp of 165-175 and the
>> meat begins to pull back a bit from the bones.
>>
>> On my grill that is usually closer to 1.5 hours, a windy day can alter
>> that time.
>>
>> Remove to a platter, carve, then garnish with chopped flat leaf parsley,
>>
>> and serve with lemon wedges.
>>
>> Enjoy!

> Sounds good. Thanks.

Well tested and workable, careful with your grill and its burner
arrangement.

Ciao.

bigwheel 02-07-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casa bona[_2_] (Post 1844828)
'casa bona[_2_ Wrote:
[...]

The burners on my gasser aren't real compatible with adusting the arrangement. Best a person can do on my Rotess is turn it down as low as it will go. I need a new one in fact. I had a Weber Spirit and headed to the door with it when I decided to get it next time. I have a pal who just bought one of these and really likes it. He say it's his second one with the first lasting 12 years. Would be nice to not have to fiddle with propane.

Meco 9000 Series Deluxe Cart Electric Grill with Rotisserie | Wayfair

casa bona[_2_] 02-07-2013 05:50 AM

On 7/1/2013 5:14 PM, bigwheel wrote:
> 'casa bona[_2_ Wrote:
>> ;1844828']On 6/30/2013 7:52 PM, bigwheel wrote:-
>> 'casa bona[_2_ Wrote:-
>> ;1844679']As mentioned, and using the trusty gas grill rotisserie, or
>> that cool
>> looking Farberware electric rotisserie.
>>
>> Ingredients:
>>
>> 2-3lbs. pork baby back ribs
>>
>> Marinade:
>>
>> 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil.
>> zest of 1 lemon, finely minced
>> 1/4 cup dry sherry or vermouth to preference
>> juice of one large lemon
>> 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram, finely minced
>> 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
>> 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely minced
>> 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
>> 1 teaspoon kosher salt
>>
>> Incorporate using a wire whisk - a food processor will emulsify too
>> much.
>>
>> Reserve 1/2 for basting, marinate the ribs for 6 hours with the rest.
>>
>> Wind the baby back ribs through the rotisserie rod in a running
>> u-shaped
>>
>> profile for maximum exposure, trap either end tightly with the prongs
>> and set the locking screws down.
>>
>> Set the grille for direct but lower temperature, using either the back
>> infrared burner(if you have one), or the main burners on low.
>>
>> Keep a spray bottle of water handy to avoid flareups.
>>
>> The lower the grilling temp and the cleaner the grill, the less
>> problems.
>>
>> Cook for 1.5-2 hours over a medium-low heat (325-350F) basting
>> regularly
>>
>> with the reserved marinade.
>>
>> The ribs are done when they reach an internal temp of 165-175 and the
>> meat begins to pull back a bit from the bones.
>>
>> On my grill that is usually closer to 1.5 hours, a windy day can alter
>> that time.
>>
>> Remove to a platter, carve, then garnish with chopped flat leaf
>> parsley,
>>
>> and serve with lemon wedges.
>>
>> Enjoy!-
>>
>> Sounds good. Thanks.-
>>
>> Well tested and workable, careful with your grill and its burner
>> arrangement.
>>
>> Ciao.

> The burners on my gasser aren't real compatible with adusting the
> arrangement. Best a person can do on my Rotess is turn it down as low as
> it will go. I need a new one in fact. I had a Weber Spirit and headed to
> the door with it when I decided to get it next time. I have a pal who
> just bought one of these and really likes it. He say it's his second one
> with the first lasting 12 years. Would be nice to not have to fiddle
> with propane.
>
> 'Meco 9000 Series Deluxe Cart Electric Grill with Rotisserie | Wayfair'
> (http://tinyurl.com/ldmpy5p)

I'm not really sold on electric BBQ grills, unless you have a wood deck
or an apartment, then you go to the head of the class for safety.

Depending on your burner layout you probably should go lower heat and
take a bit longer, or you can just put a drip pan under the ribs as a
flare-up shield.

They'll take longer, but they will come out fine. Be sure to finish over
an open burner for some golden crispiness.

Ed Pawlowski 02-07-2013 10:54 AM

Greek style rotisserie ribs

>> The burners on my gasser aren't real compatible with adusting the
>> arrangement. Best a person can do on my Rotess is turn it down as low as
>> it will go. I need a new one in fact. I had a Weber Spirit and headed to
>> the door with it when I decided to get it next time. I have a pal who
>> just bought one of these and really likes it. He say it's his second one
>> with the first lasting 12 years. Would be nice to not have to fiddle
>> with propane.
>>
>> 'Meco 9000 Series Deluxe Cart Electric Grill with Rotisserie | Wayfair'
>> (http://tinyurl.com/ldmpy5p)

At best, it has 5600 BTU. A modest gasser is 25,000 BTU and up. It
is of limited use, IMO. I'd invest in a Ronco Showtime rotisserie
rather than that thing.

casa bona[_2_] 02-07-2013 05:18 PM

On 7/2/2013 3:54 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> The burners on my gasser aren't real compatible with adusting the
>>> arrangement. Best a person can do on my Rotess is turn it down as low as
>>> it will go. I need a new one in fact. I had a Weber Spirit and headed to
>>> the door with it when I decided to get it next time. I have a pal who
>>> just bought one of these and really likes it. He say it's his second one
>>> with the first lasting 12 years. Would be nice to not have to fiddle
>>> with propane.
>>>
>>> 'Meco 9000 Series Deluxe Cart Electric Grill with Rotisserie | Wayfair'
>>> (http://tinyurl.com/ldmpy5p)

> At best, it has 5600 BTU. A modest gasser is 25,000 BTU and up. It
> is of limited use, IMO. I'd invest in a Ronco Showtime rotisserie
> rather than that thing.

Those actually perform as advertised, but your rib capacity would be
vastly diminished compared to a typical grill rotisserie rod.

bigwheel 03-07-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casa bona[_2_] (Post 1845225)
'casa bona[_2_ Wrote:-
[...]

(*)

I'm not really sold on electric BBQ grills, unless you have a wood deck
or an apartment, then you go to the head of the class for safety.

Depending on your burner layout you probably should go lower heat and
take a bit longer, or you can just put a drip pan under the ribs as a
flare-up shield.

They'll take longer, but they will come out fine. Be sure to finish over
an open burner for some golden crispiness.

Well thanks for the input on that. After reading all available reviews did seem to be playing a secondary role to gas cept for naggin fire mashals..wood decks etc. I will go get the Weber..soonish. I love Rotess cooking especially for barn yard avians. Aint never twirled no spares hunkered down on a spit rod. This sounds kinky..lol. Could get a person hung in Tejas..lol.

casa bona[_2_] 03-07-2013 03:05 AM

On 7/2/2013 6:57 PM, bigwheel wrote:
> [...]
>> Wayfair'
>> (' ' (http://tinyurl.com/ldmpy5p))-
>>
>> I'm not really sold on electric BBQ grills, unless you have a wood deck
>>
>> or an apartment, then you go to the head of the class for safety.
>>
>> Depending on your burner layout you probably should go lower heat and
>> take a bit longer, or you can just put a drip pan under the ribs as a
>> flare-up shield.
>>
>> They'll take longer, but they will come out fine. Be sure to finish over
>>
>> an open burner for some golden crispiness.

> Well thanks for the input on that. After reading all available reviews
> did seem to be playing a secondary role to gas cept for naggin fire
> mashals..wood decks etc. I will go get the Weber..soonish. I love Rotess
> cooking especially for barn yard avians. Aint never twirled no spares
> hunkered down on a spit rod. This sounds kinky..lol. Could get a person

Heavens!

Who knew a simple grill could inspire such things, let alone in Tejas!

Happy cooking.

[email protected] 10-07-2013 01:32 PM

Greek style rotisserie ribs

Don't be to shocked, I'm not dead yet, just adapting to my new
environment.

I have one of those Farberwre electric rotisseries and it does
a fine job. The only problem is the limitation of the power
outlet you have to hook it too. About 1300 watts or so is all
you're going to get, so it's slow as mollasses. I like to do
Cornish Hens on it when there's plenty of time.

Brick said that.

casa bona[_2_] 10-07-2013 04:43 PM

On 7/10/2013 6:32 AM, wrote:
> Don't be to shocked, I'm not dead yet, just adapting to my new
> environment.
>
> I have one of those Farberwre electric rotisseries and it does
> a fine job. The only problem is the limitation of the power
> outlet you have to hook it too. About 1300 watts or so is all
> you're going to get, so it's slow as mollasses. I like to do
> Cornish Hens on it when there's plenty of time.
>
> Brick said that.

Well have at and enjoy, I'm sure they'll do just fine!