Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default BBQ Pitmasters - Big Jim's peachy butt

You have to realize that trying to please Myron by injecting with peach
juice is just a little too "out there" to work.

Even Bubba Baker thought the butt had an off flavor, something he'd
never tasted before.

New and Q rarely pair off all that well. Judges want balanced and
glossed, not different.

The same seems to apply to those who go heavy on the brown sugar when
they wrap their ribs to finish, overly sweet ribs get noticed for the
wrong reasons.
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by casa bona View Post
You have to realize that trying to please Myron by injecting with peach
juice is just a little too "out there" to work.

Even Bubba Baker thought the butt had an off flavor, something he'd
never tasted before.

New and Q rarely pair off all that well. Judges want balanced and
glossed, not different.

The same seems to apply to those who go heavy on the brown sugar when
they wrap their ribs to finish, overly sweet ribs get noticed for the
wrong reasons.
Guess it depends on who is eating the ribs. Overly sweet ribs in E. Texas usually wind up in the winner's circle. Get down South best give em a little coola burn. Injecting with peach juice sounds sorta nasty. For contest cooking I like to inject butts with 1 3/4 cups FAB P made to specs with one six ounce can of Pineapple juice added.

FAB Meat Enhancers for beef, chicken and pork
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 6/10/2013 6:47 PM, bigwheel wrote:
> casa bona;1839814 Wrote:
>> You have to realize that trying to please Myron by injecting with peach
>>
>> juice is just a little too "out there" to work.
>>
>> Even Bubba Baker thought the butt had an off flavor, something he'd
>> never tasted before.
>>
>> New and Q rarely pair off all that well. Judges want balanced and
>> glossed, not different.
>>
>> The same seems to apply to those who go heavy on the brown sugar when
>> they wrap their ribs to finish, overly sweet ribs get noticed for the
>> wrong reasons.

> Guess it depends on who is eating the ribs. Overly sweet ribs in E.
> Texas usually wind up in the winner's circle. Get down South best give
> em a little coola burn. Injecting with peach juice sounds sorta nasty.
> For contest cooking I like to inject butts with 1 3/4 cups FAB P made to
> specs with one six ounce can of Pineapple juice added.
>
> 'FAB Meat Enhancers for beef, chicken and pork'
> (http://www.theingredientstore.com/fab/index.htm)

Thanks for that link, these enhancers are interesting - now added to my
bookmarks.

I'm a pineapple juice fan also, but depending on the meat I've had good
luck with sweet vermouth (chicken) apple cider and cider vinegar(pork)
and beef broth with worcestershire sauce (rib roasts).

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"casa bona" > wrote in message
> On 6/10/2013 6:47 PM, bigwheel wrote:
>> casa bona;1839814 Wrote:
>>> You have to realize that trying to please Myron by injecting with peach
>>>
>>> juice is just a little too "out there" to work.
>>>
>>> Even Bubba Baker thought the butt had an off flavor, something he'd
>>> never tasted before.
>>>
>>> New and Q rarely pair off all that well. Judges want balanced and
>>> glossed, not different.
>>>
>>> The same seems to apply to those who go heavy on the brown sugar when
>>> they wrap their ribs to finish, overly sweet ribs get noticed for the
>>> wrong reasons.

>> Guess it depends on who is eating the ribs. Overly sweet ribs in E.
>> Texas usually wind up in the winner's circle. Get down South best give
>> em a little coola burn. Injecting with peach juice sounds sorta nasty.
>> For contest cooking I like to inject butts with 1 3/4 cups FAB P made to
>> specs with one six ounce can of Pineapple juice added.
>>
>> 'FAB Meat Enhancers for beef, chicken and pork'
>> (http://www.theingredientstore.com/fab/index.htm)

> Thanks for that link, these enhancers are interesting - now added to my
> bookmarks.
>
> I'm a pineapple juice fan also, but depending on the meat I've had good
> luck with sweet vermouth (chicken) apple cider and cider vinegar(pork) and
> beef broth with worcestershire sauce (rib roasts).

How'd I get in this? I ain't never shot up a BUTT with no peaches.
Big Jim

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 6/11/2013 12:14 AM, Big Jim wrote:
> "casa bona" > wrote in message

>>> Guess it depends on who is eating the ribs. Overly sweet ribs in E.
>>> Texas usually wind up in the winner's circle. Get down South best give
>>> em a little coola burn. Injecting with peach juice sounds sorta nasty.
>>> For contest cooking I like to inject butts with 1 3/4 cups FAB P made to
>>> specs with one six ounce can of Pineapple juice added.
>>>
>>> 'FAB Meat Enhancers for beef, chicken and pork'
>>> (http://www.theingredientstore.com/fab/index.htm)

>> Thanks for that link, these enhancers are interesting - now added to my
>> bookmarks.
>>
>> I'm a pineapple juice fan also, but depending on the meat I've had good
>> luck with sweet vermouth (chicken) apple cider and cider vinegar(pork) and
>> beef broth with worcestershire sauce (rib roasts).
>>

> How'd I get in this? I ain't never shot up a BUTT with no peaches.
> Big Jim

Lol!

Did you move to the left coast and start doing regional Q?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 6/11/2013 9:37 AM, casa bona wrote:
> On 6/11/2013 12:14 AM, Big Jim wrote:

>> How'd I get in this? I ain't never shot up a BUTT with no peaches.
>> Big Jim
>>

> Lol!
>
> Did you move to the left coast and start doing regional Q?

I am confused too. Big Jim is Big Jim from Florida. The only time I
have heard of him talking about peaches is when he has Peach Cobbler Pie.

I don't think his style of preparing meats for barbecue involves using a
needle. Needles are for Nurses and Dr.'s to use to help relieve pain and
other medical uses.

Rick
--
FedEx and UPS to merge to become FedUP

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 6/11/2013 10:29 AM, bbq wrote:
> On 6/11/2013 9:37 AM, casa bona wrote:
>> On 6/11/2013 12:14 AM, Big Jim wrote:

>>> How'd I get in this? I ain't never shot up a BUTT with no peaches.
>>> Big Jim
>>>

>> Lol!
>>
>> Did you move to the left coast and start doing regional Q?

> I am confused too. Big Jim is Big Jim from Florida. The only time I
> have heard of him talking about peaches is when he has Peach Cobbler Pie.
>
> I don't think his style of preparing meats for barbecue involves using a
> needle. Needles are for Nurses and Dr.'s to use to help relieve pain and
> other medical uses.
>
> Rick

Lol, one of a non-matching set of Big Jim's...
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jun 10, 11:14*pm, "Big Jim" > wrote:
> "casa bona" > wrote in message

> >> Guess it depends on who is eating the ribs. Overly sweet ribs in E.
> >> Texas usually wind up in the winner's circle. Get down South best give
> >> em a little coola burn. Injecting with peach juice sounds sorta nasty.
> >> For contest cooking I like to inject butts with 1 3/4 cups FAB P made to
> >> specs with one six ounce can of Pineapple juice added.

> >> 'FAB Meat Enhancers for beef, chicken and pork'
> >> (http://www.theingredientstore.com/fab/index.htm)

> > Thanks for that link, these enhancers are interesting - now added to my
> > bookmarks.

> > I'm a pineapple juice fan also, but depending on the meat I've had good
> > luck with sweet vermouth (chicken) apple cider and cider vinegar(pork) and
> > beef broth with worcestershire sauce (rib roasts).

> * How'd I get in this? I ain't never shot up a BUTT with no peaches.
> Big Jim-

There's some stupid TV show called "BBQ Pitmasters" that has some dude
that goes by that nickname.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBQ_Pitmasters

I've never watched it either.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jun 11, 12:06*pm, tutall > wrote:
> On Jun 10, 11:14*pm, "Big Jim" > wrote:

> > > Thanks for that link, these enhancers are interesting - now added to my
> > > bookmarks.

> > > I'm a pineapple juice fan also, but depending on the meat I've had good
> > > luck with sweet vermouth (chicken) apple cider and cider vinegar(pork) and
> > > beef broth with worcestershire sauce (rib roasts).

> > * How'd I get in this? I ain't never shot up a BUTT with no peaches.
> > Big Jim-

> There's some stupid TV show called "BBQ Pitmasters" that has some dude
> that goes by that nickname.

Explaining the retard's left coast outburst:

And he's a California guy:

http://www.bigjimbbq.com/news.html

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 6/11/2013 1:06 PM, tutall wrote:
> On Jun 10, 11:14 pm, "Big Jim" > wrote:

>>> Thanks for that link, these enhancers are interesting - now added to my
>>> bookmarks.

>>> I'm a pineapple juice fan also, but depending on the meat I've had good
>>> luck with sweet vermouth (chicken) apple cider and cider vinegar(pork) and
>>> beef broth with worcestershire sauce (rib roasts).

>> How'd I get in this? I ain't never shot up a BUTT with no peaches.
>> Big Jim-

> There's some stupid TV show called "BBQ Pitmasters" that has some dude
> that goes by that nickname.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBQ_Pitmasters
>
> I've never watched it either.

It's entertaining, you can get a few basic techniques down.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 6/11/2013 1:09 PM, tutall wrote:
> On Jun 11, 12:06 pm, tutall > wrote:

>>> How'd I get in this? I ain't never shot up a BUTT with no peaches.
>>> Big Jim-

>> There's some stupid TV show called "BBQ Pitmasters" that has some dude
>> that goes by that nickname.

> Explaining the retard's left coast outburst:
>
> And he's a California guy:
>
> http://www.bigjimbbq.com/news.html

Well that might explain why he didn't fare so well, mightn't it?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 12:06:44 -0700 (PDT), tutall >
wrote:

>There's some stupid TV show called "BBQ Pitmasters" that has some dude
>that goes by that nickname.
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBQ_Pitmasters
>
>I've never watched it either.

I watched one episode. It made me ill for days after.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 6/11/2013 4:12 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 12:06:44 -0700 (PDT), tutall >
> wrote:
>

>> There's some stupid TV show called "BBQ Pitmasters" that has some dude
>> that goes by that nickname.
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBQ_Pitmasters
>>
>> I've never watched it either.

> I watched one episode. It made me ill for days after.

Drama queen.
Senior Member

casa bona;1839814 Wrote:
[...]

I like the destructive abilities of Pineapple juice. It seems to make the meat shatter along the marbling..or gives it a tendency that way.
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Knew you was innocent..lol.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

bigwheel wrote:

> I like the destructive abilities of Pineapple juice. It seems to make
> the meat shatter along the marbling..or gives it a tendency that way.

Which meats best suit marinading with PJ?
--
"Un pasto senza vino e' come un giorno senza sole"
Anthelme Brillat Savarin

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

ViLco wrote:

> bigwheel wrote:
>
>> I like the destructive abilities of Pineapple juice. It seems to make
>> the meat shatter along the marbling..or gives it a tendency that way.

> Which meats best suit marinading with PJ?

The tougher ones. You won't want to do this to a ribeye ferinstance.
It would destroy it into mush.

The enzymes in pineapple juice actually break down the meat. Note
that it won't work if the juice has been boiled because heat breaks
down the active enzymes.
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLco View Post
bigwheel wrote:

I like the destructive abilities of Pineapple juice. It seems to make
the meat shatter along the marbling..or gives it a tendency that way.

Which meats best suit marinading with PJ?
--
"Un pasto senza vino e' come un giorno senza sole"
Anthelme Brillat Savarin
Actually none. Its very destructive and not prone to be good for soaking protein. Its the active ingredient in meat tenderizers..aka Papain. I only use it as part of an otherwise tasty and invisible injection or can also work as some of the liquid ration of a sweet finishing glaze. Would not soak chicken in it for sure. It will rip it apart at the seams..sorta like Lea n Perrins.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 17:22:59 -0700, Mort > wrote:

>The enzymes in pineapple juice actually break down the meat. Note
>that it won't work if the juice has been boiled because heat breaks
>down the active enzymes.

Will canned pineapple juice work, or the juice from canned pineapples?

I'd think it's boiled, but the temperature may be controlled to below what
breaks the enzymes.

Thomas Prufer
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 01:49:11 +0100, bigwheel
> wrote:

>Actually none. Its very destructive and not prone to be good for soaking
>protein. Its the active ingredient in meat tenderizers..aka Papain.

(...)
>Would
>not soak chicken in it for sure. It will rip it apart at the
>seams..sorta like Lea n Perrins.

What he said.

I have had pork turned to a nasty homogeneous liver-like texture by pineapple
juice, I soaked it too long.

However, a cooler accident that mixed fresh pineapple chunks with pork cubes
turned out to be delicious. Short "marinating" times, and also at near-freezing.
The meat was grilled over the coals from a driftwood fire on skewers, which sure
helped. Plenty of heat so seared crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.

Thomas Prufer

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 6/13/2013 1:23 AM, Thomas Prufer wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 01:49:11 +0100, bigwheel
> > wrote:
>
>> Actually none. Its very destructive and not prone to be good for soaking
>> protein. Its the active ingredient in meat tenderizers..aka Papain.

> (...)
>> Would
>> not soak chicken in it for sure. It will rip it apart at the
>> seams..sorta like Lea n Perrins.

> What he said.
>
> I have had pork turned to a nasty homogeneous liver-like texture by pineapple
> juice, I soaked it too long.

Same here, with chicken breasts. Marinaded overnight in a teriyaki
mixture that included fresh pineapple juice. The breasts looked fine,
cooked fine - but the texture of the meat was simply horrible. It was
like eating paste.

Learned my lesson.

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort[_2_] View Post
ViLco wrote:

bigwheel wrote:

I like the destructive abilities of Pineapple juice. It seems to make
the meat shatter along the marbling..or gives it a tendency that way.

Which meats best suit marinading with PJ?

The tougher ones. You won't want to do this to a ribeye ferinstance.
It would destroy it into mush.

The enzymes in pineapple juice actually break down the meat. Note
that it won't work if the juice has been boiled because heat breaks
down the active enzymes.
Well that sounds logical..lol. Now are we to assume the smart folks can put the stuff in cans which last for years..without denaturing the enzymes? Some of this stuff is puzzling.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

bigwheel wrote:

> 'Mort[_2_ Wrote:

>> The tougher ones. You won't want to do this to a ribeye ferinstance.
>> It would destroy it into mush.
>>
>> The enzymes in pineapple juice actually break down the meat. Note
>> that it won't work if the juice has been boiled because heat breaks
>> down the active enzymes.

> Well that sounds logical..lol. Now are we to assume the smart folks can
> put the stuff in cans which last for years..without denaturing the
> enzymes? Some of this stuff is puzzling.

I don't have specific knowledge of how pineapple juice is packaged
but it being a high acid product (very high) there would not be an
absolute need to use a hot pack method, at least not for food safety
reasons.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Thomas Prufer wrote:

>> Actually none. Its very destructive and not prone to be good for
>> soaking protein. Its the active ingredient in meat tenderizers..aka
>> Papain.

> (...)
>> Would
>> not soak chicken in it for sure. It will rip it apart at the
>> seams..sorta like Lea n Perrins.

> What he said.
>
> I have had pork turned to a nasty homogeneous liver-like texture by
> pineapple juice, I soaked it too long.

Lots of info, here, thanks. How long did you soak that pork? Or. better, how
long should one soak meat in pineapple juce? And how much juice should one
use: like a cup for a 6lb chunk of meat? I'm thinking about a nice cut of
beef which is very tasty but sturdy: diaphragm. I tried grilling it but it's
too though, somewhat better if I pound it, but still too though.

> However, a cooler accident that mixed fresh pineapple chunks with
> pork cubes turned out to be delicious. Short "marinating" times, and
> also at near-freezing. The meat was grilled over the coals from a
> driftwood fire on skewers, which sure helped. Plenty of heat so
> seared crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.

Short marinating times... what could an estimate be? 1 hour? 3?
--
"Un pasto senza vino e' come un giorno senza sole"
Anthelme Brillat Savarin

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Big Jim wrote:

> Marty I cooked a "wild Boar" a couple of weeks ago.
> It was from wild (feral) stock raised by me. I never got around to
> cutting him. He was 6-7 months ol;d and maybe 70 pounds, about 3
> pounds of which were balls.
> On of the sweetest, tender pigs I ever cooked.
> Didn't need no stinkin pineapple juice..
> Pictures was on ABF.

The pig pickin', I guess
I too would do that with no pineapple but that's been roasted for a good
amount of time, but if someone would grill a couple of steaks the time would
be dramatically reduced and I don't know how tender it could be. PJ makes
sense for steaks
--
"Un pasto senza vino e' come un giorno senza sole"
Anthelme Brillat Savarin

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 6/11/2013 9:47 PM, bigwheel wrote:
> casa bona;1839918 Wrote:
>> On 6/10/2013 6:47 PM, bigwheel wrote:-
>> casa bona;1839814 Wrote:-
>> You have to realize that trying to please Myron by injecting with
>> peach
>>
>> juice is just a little too "out there" to work.
>>
>> Even Bubba Baker thought the butt had an off flavor, something he'd
>> never tasted before.
>>
>> New and Q rarely pair off all that well. Judges want balanced and
>> glossed, not different.
>>
>> The same seems to apply to those who go heavy on the brown sugar when
>> they wrap their ribs to finish, overly sweet ribs get noticed for the
>> wrong reasons.-
>>
>> Guess it depends on who is eating the ribs. Overly sweet ribs in E.
>> Texas usually wind up in the winner's circle. Get down South best give
>> em a little coola burn. Injecting with peach juice sounds sorta nasty.
>> For contest cooking I like to inject butts with 1 3/4 cups FAB P made
>> specs with one six ounce can of Pineapple juice added.
>>
>> 'FAB Meat Enhancers for beef, chicken and pork'
>> ('FAB Meat Enhancers for beef, chicken and pork'
>> (http://www.theingredientstore.com/fab/index.htm))-
>>
>> Thanks for that link, these enhancers are interesting - now added to my
>>
>> bookmarks.
>>
>> I'm a pineapple juice fan also, but depending on the meat I've had good
>>
>> luck with sweet vermouth (chicken) apple cider and cider vinegar(pork)
>> and beef broth with worcestershire sauce (rib roasts).

> I like the destructive abilities of Pineapple juice. It seems to make
> the meat shatter along the marbling..or gives it a tendency that way.

That is a visually arresting way to put it, yes.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 6/12/2013 2:51 AM, ViLco wrote:
> bigwheel wrote:
>
>> I like the destructive abilities of Pineapple juice. It seems to make
>> the meat shatter along the marbling..or gives it a tendency that way.

> Which meats best suit marinading with PJ?

I think pork mainly, but for a variation on beer can chicken using a
cornish game hen sat upright it works also.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 6/13/2013 8:34 PM, Mort wrote:
> bigwheel wrote:
>
>> 'Mort[_2_ Wrote:

>>> The tougher ones. You won't want to do this to a ribeye ferinstance.
>>> It would destroy it into mush.
>>>
>>> The enzymes in pineapple juice actually break down the meat. Note
>>> that it won't work if the juice has been boiled because heat breaks
>>> down the active enzymes.

>> Well that sounds logical..lol. Now are we to assume the smart folks can
>> put the stuff in cans which last for years..without denaturing the
>> enzymes? Some of this stuff is puzzling.

> I don't have specific knowledge of how pineapple juice is packaged
> but it being a high acid product (very high) there would not be an
> absolute need to use a hot pack method, at least not for food safety
> reasons.

I believe it's pressed and tinned, no pasteurizing, but I'm not 100%
sure on that.
Senior Member

casa bona;1839814 Wrote:-
[...]

Well let us stick to the visual arresting...the physical aspects can become problematical. lol.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 10:37:17 +0200, "ViLco" > wrote:

>Lots of info, here, thanks. How long did you soak that pork? Or. better, how
>long should one soak meat in pineapple juce? And how much juice should one
>use: like a cup for a 6lb chunk of meat? I'm thinking about a nice cut of
>beef which is very tasty but sturdy: diaphragm. I tried grilling it but it's
>too though, somewhat better if I pound it, but still too though.

This was one fresh pineapple cut into eating chunks, in tupperware, and a
tupperware of pork chunks for three people. Marination duration was from when it
tipped in the trunk and it all mixed with the ice cubes in the cooler and
sloshed around until we unpacked and "said so what, we'll still eat that".

>Short marinating times... what could an estimate be? 1 hour? 3?

I'd say hour or less. And the pineapple juice was diluted with water, and cold.

Go easy on that stuff, it can ruin meat. I'd start at an hour at room
temperature, and take it from there -- this is just handwaving guesses here, ok?

Heat was a bed of coals from a log fire, wood that flooding had piled up and
which burned hot and fast. It was so hot that it was barely possible to snatch
away the handle end of a two-foot skewer with pliers, with the pork at the
business end where it was even hotter. Grill outside of pork until it looks
good, turning, remove from heat, let rest until inside is just done and juicy.

I didn't know it back then, but pretty much a poor man's tandoor oven. Wiki says
they run up to 900° F.

Thomas Prufer
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 6/14/2013 11:54 PM, bigwheel wrote:
> casa bona;1840563 Wrote:
>> On 6/11/2013 9:47 PM, bigwheel wrote:-
>> casa bona;1839918 Wrote:-
>> On 6/10/2013 6:47 PM, bigwheel wrote:-
>> casa bona;1839814 Wrote:-
>> You have to realize that trying to please Myron by injecting with
>> peach
>>
>> juice is just a little too "out there" to work.
>>
>> Even Bubba Baker thought the butt had an off flavor, something he'd
>> never tasted before.
>>
>> New and Q rarely pair off all that well. Judges want balanced and
>> glossed, not different.
>>
>> The same seems to apply to those who go heavy on the brown sugar when
>> they wrap their ribs to finish, overly sweet ribs get noticed for the
>> wrong reasons.-
>>
>> Guess it depends on who is eating the ribs. Overly sweet ribs in E.
>> Texas usually wind up in the winner's circle. Get down South best give
>> em a little coola burn. Injecting with peach juice sounds sorta nasty.
>> For contest cooking I like to inject butts with 1 3/4 cups FAB P made
>> specs with one six ounce can of Pineapple juice added.
>>
>> 'FAB Meat Enhancers for beef, chicken and pork'
>> ('FAB Meat Enhancers for beef, chicken and pork'
>> (http://www.theingredientstore.com/fab/index.htm))-
>>
>> Thanks for that link, these enhancers are interesting - now added to
>> my
>>
>> bookmarks.
>>
>> I'm a pineapple juice fan also, but depending on the meat I've had
>> good
>>
>> luck with sweet vermouth (chicken) apple cider and cider vinegar(pork)
>> and beef broth with worcestershire sauce (rib roasts).-
>>
>> I like the destructive abilities of Pineapple juice. It seems to make
>> the meat shatter along the marbling..or gives it a tendency that way.
>> -
>> That is a visually arresting way to put it, yes.

> Well let us stick to the visual arresting...the physical aspects can
> become problematical. lol.

Lol.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Thomas Prufer wrote:

>> Short marinating times... what could an estimate be? 1 hour? 3?

> I'd say hour or less. And the pineapple juice was diluted with water,
> and cold.
>
> Go easy on that stuff, it can ruin meat. I'd start at an hour at room
> temperature, and take it from there -- this is just handwaving
> guesses here, ok?

OK

> Heat was a bed of coals from a log fire, wood that flooding had piled
> up and which burned hot and fast.

I know that kind of wood, so light and dry and easy to light up.

> It was so hot that it was barely
> possible to snatch away the handle end of a two-foot skewer with
> pliers, with the pork at the business end where it was even hotter.
> Grill outside of pork until it looks good, turning, remove from heat,
> let rest until inside is just done and juicy.
> I didn't know it back then, but pretty much a poor man's tandoor
> oven. Wiki says they run up to 900° F.

Thanks again
--
"Un pasto senza vino e' come un giorno senza sole"
Anthelme Brillat Savarin

Pitmasters, opinion please Janet B General Cooking 32 05-07-2016 01:39 PM
Pitmasters - sauce report Janet B General Cooking 4 26-06-2016 07:43 PM
Reminder: BBQ Pitmasters tomorrow night Kent[_2_] Barbecue 20 17-12-2009 03:48 PM
BBQ Pitmasters Series Beea Barbecue 3 05-12-2009 10:09 PM
Article: tips from the pitmasters Higgins Barbecue 1 18-06-2004 01:01 AM