Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default rib juice

any good ideas on how to use the juice collected as you smoke pork ribs?

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico Rico[_2_] View Post
any good ideas on how to use the juice collected as you smoke pork ribs?
Any juice in the foil can be defatted and used as part of the finishing glaze. If you a non foiler and are speaking of what collects in the water/drip pan..no I would not use that for anything.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 5/26/2013 1:24 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 26 May 2013 02:14:06 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 25 May 2013 22:07:53 -0700, Pico Rico wrote:
>>
>>> any good ideas on how to use the juice collected as you smoke pork ribs?

>> Let it evaporate and enjoy the smell.

> Seriously though, there should be no "juice" from any pork or beef
> ribs on a smoker. Probably some fat drippings, but all of that would
> be useless unless you want to make suet cakes for the predatory birds.
>
> -sw

If you wrap your ribs to finish there will be juice.

It folds back into the BBQ sauce you made for those ribs just fine.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"bigwheel" > wrote in message

> 'Pico Rico[_2_ Wrote:
>> ;1836844']any good ideas on how to use the juice collected as you smoke
>> pork ribs?

> Any juice in the foil can be defatted and used as part of the finishing
> glaze. If you a non foiler and are speaking of what collects in the
> water/drip pan..no I would not use that for anything.

After degreasing it, and tasting it an hour later, I decided to toss it.
You are right.