FoodBanter.com

-   -   BBQ i most like (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/423974-bbq-i-most-like.html)

Martin1320 08-05-2013 11:45 AM

BBQ i most like

I WANT TO MAKE A RECIPE FOR PORK BBQ HASH. LOOKED ALMOST LIKE SLOPPY JOE MIXTURE BUT INSTEAD OF GROUND BEEF IT HAD PORK BBQ; ANYONE HAVE THIS RECIPE?? i SURE HOPE SO; REALLY WOULD LOVE TO HAVE IT SO i CAN MAKE HASH' I AM ASSUMING WE MAKE IT WITH PULLED PORK EITHER CHOPPED VERY FINELY OR SIMILAR...
THANKS VERY MUCH TO ALL THAT RESPOND; I WILL TRY TO MAKE EACH RECIPE I RECEIVE SO HOPEFULLY FIND THE ONE I LIKE OR REMEMBER AS CLOSE TO IT AS POSSIBLE. HAD A SWEET TASTE TO IT; NOT VINEGAR BASED BUT RATHER BBQ & SOMETHING ELSE. AGAIN, THANK YOU ALL
click here
view here

bigwheel 10-05-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin1320 (Post 1832909)
I WANT TO MAKE A RECIPE FOR PORK BBQ HASH. LOOKED ALMOST LIKE SLOPPY JOE MIXTURE BUT INSTEAD OF GROUND BEEF IT HAD PORK BBQ; ANYONE HAVE THIS RECIPE?? i SURE HOPE SO; REALLY WOULD LOVE TO HAVE IT SO i CAN MAKE HASH' I AM ASSUMING WE MAKE IT WITH PULLED PORK EITHER CHOPPED VERY FINELY OR SIMILAR...
THANKS VERY MUCH TO ALL THAT RESPOND; I WILL TRY TO MAKE EACH RECIPE I RECEIVE SO HOPEFULLY FIND THE ONE I LIKE OR REMEMBER AS CLOSE TO IT AS POSSIBLE. HAD A SWEET TASTE TO IT; NOT VINEGAR BASED BUT RATHER BBQ & SOMETHING ELSE. AGAIN, THANK YOU ALL
click here
view here

Seasonings were mainly salt & pepper. The selected sesonings are only suggestions, please season as you like. Every SC Hash varies on the preference of the cook. It is a hard thing to define. Traditions vary greatly from region to region and often block to block.

CrockPot Hash

4 to 4.5 lb. Boston butt roast
1.5 to 2 lb. beef chuck roast
3 large baking potatoes, peeled and diced
3 medium onions, peeled and diced

Seasonings: (use only as a guide...)
5 Tbl white vinegar
2 Tbl spicy brown mustard
1 Tbl red pepper flakes
2 tsp cayenne pepper
4 Tbl tomato paste
1 stick butter
2 Tbl worcestershire sauce
salt and cracked black pepper to taste

Step 1: In a 5 quart crock pot on high. Rub both roasts with salt and cracked pepper, then place in the crock pot. Add the diced potatoes and onions, and then fill the pot with hot water or stock and cover. Let it cook 6 to 7 hours until the meat falls apart. Keep check on the water level

Step 2: Remove the meat from the pot and pull apart to let cool. Next remove the bone, fat, and connective tissue. Pull the meat apart in small pieces and then give it a light chop. Break up the potatoes and onions in the pot with a potato masher. Return the meat to the pot. Still on high, let it cook another 4 hours. Add the butter and reduce heat to the lowest setting. Let it cook another 6 hours or until it is the consistency you like.

Step 3: Add your seasonings one at a time and taste as you go.

Step 4: Place over your choice of white rice, or white bread.

Enjoy!
_________________
Pro Q Excel 20

Tutall 12-05-2013 01:57 AM

BBQ i most like

On May 8, 3:45*am, Martin1320
> wrote:
> I WANT TO MAKE A RECIPE FOR PORK BBQ HASH. LOOKED ALMOST LIKE SLOPPY JOE
> MIXTURE BUT INSTEAD OF GROUND BEEF IT HAD PORK BBQ; ANYONE HAVE THIS

WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING LIKE A MORON?
Write as if you were a normal person. People will respond better than
IF YOU WRITE LIKE AN IGNORANT PUTZ.

THANK YOU