Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Smokin baloney

Any tips,tricks,rub/sauce suggestions?
What rollin papers work best? etc etc

monroe(gots a chub,I do)
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

The official smoked baloney dispensaries around Cowtown seem to take the simple approach. Start with good baloney (Eckrich all beef) is the preferred raw material at one famous place. Then stick it in the smoke for a while till it gets heated up and brown up a little from the smoke. I would vote for 160 internal for safety purposes. Now what brand the other place uses I aint sure but there aint nothing fancy about theirs either. They both cook five pound chubs but I have seen folks do individual thicks slices. Fast that take on much more smoke than a chub. Trick is how you serve it. This is my favorite:

1 whole wheat hamburger bun
1 slice smokey baloney about 3/4" thick
1 slice yellow rat cheese
1 handful raw onyawns
1/2 handful? sliced pickled japs

Healthy dose of favorite bbq table sauce and a sprinkle of Rooster Sauce to suit. That will make a person want to slap somebodies Mama...now not our own Mamas of course..lol. Bon Apetit. Lot of fancier ways out there to do it which no doubt you will soon hear about.

This place right here makes the best smoked baloney in Texas. It also has whut is called a view.

The Smoke Pit BBQ With A View

Quote:
Originally Posted by monroe, of course View Post
Any tips,tricks,rub/sauce suggestions?
What rollin papers work best? etc etc

monroe(gots a chub,I do)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 2/18/2013 1:30 PM, monroe, of course wrote:
> Any tips,tricks,rub/sauce suggestions?
> What rollin papers work best? etc etc
>
> monroe(gots a chub,I do)

Lol, not touching that one...
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Feb 18, 5:07*pm, smokeringer > wrote:
> On 2/18/2013 1:30 PM, monroe, of course wrote:> Any tips,tricks,rub/sauce suggestions?
> > What rollin papers work best? etc etc

> > monroe(gots a chub,I do)

> Lol, not touching that one...

No worries, he does it plenty, all by his lonesome, and I do mean
lonesome.

How 'bout this one here?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> Rub yer bolognay well with coarse pepper and twist a bunch of bacon
> around it. Wrap it all in one of those big banana-leaf blunt papers
> you get down at the Quickie Mart and smoke at 260F for 6 hours
> flipping once.
>
> Must be all beef or pork and beef bologna.

Thanks Steve-banananana leaf duly noted.
Kinda tamale-fied.

monroe(now that's different)

Smokin' . . . [email protected][_2_] General Cooking 12 05-08-2015 08:55 PM
Smokin''!! ViLco General Cooking 0 12-07-2010 09:58 PM
Baloney Roll - Ups cybercat[_2_] General Cooking 6 29-11-2008 06:48 PM
Baloney Gunner General Cooking 13 30-06-2006 06:26 AM
Smokin' Al's [email protected] Barbecue 11 12-10-2005 04:34 PM