Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default hello?

http://barbecuen.com/smoker.htm

http://www.barbecuen.com/recipes/coffeesauce.htm

Coffee Flavored Barbecue Sauce
a/k/a "Texas
Blackjack Sauce"

Comments

This sauce is taken from Smoky Hale's "The Great American Barbecue
Instruction Book", pg. 105.

Combine the following:

1 c. strong coffee
1 c. worcestershire
1 c. catsup
1/2 c. vinegar
1/2 c. brown sugar
3 T. chili powder
2 c. chopped onion
6 cloves garlic, crushed
2 t. salt

Simmer for 25 minutes.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sunday, February 17, 2013 4:49:30 PM UTC-5, smokeringer wrote:
> http://barbecuen.com/smoker.htm
>

> http://www.barbecuen.com/recipes/coffeesauce.htm
>

> Coffee Flavored Barbecue Sauce
>
> a/k/a "Texas
>
> Blackjack Sauce"
>

> Comments
>

> This sauce is taken from Smoky Hale's "The Great American Barbecue
>
> Instruction Book", pg. 105.
>

> Combine the following:
>

> 1 c. strong coffee
>
> 1 c. worcestershire
>
> 1 c. catsup
>
> 1/2 c. vinegar
>
> 1/2 c. brown sugar
>
> 3 T. chili powder
>
> 2 c. chopped onion
>
> 6 cloves garlic, crushed
>
> 2 t. salt
>

> Simmer for 25 minutes.

That looks really good. I will give to hubby who makes bbq sauces for our Q.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 2/18/2013 9:31 AM, Nanzi wrote:
> On Sunday, February 17, 2013 4:49:30 PM UTC-5, smokeringer wrote:
>> http://barbecuen.com/smoker.htm
>>

>> http://www.barbecuen.com/recipes/coffeesauce.htm
>>

>> Coffee Flavored Barbecue Sauce
>>
>> a/k/a "Texas
>>
>> Blackjack Sauce"
>>

>> Comments
>>

>> This sauce is taken from Smoky Hale's "The Great American Barbecue
>>
>> Instruction Book", pg. 105.
>>

>> Combine the following:
>>

>> 1 c. strong coffee
>>
>> 1 c. worcestershire
>>
>> 1 c. catsup
>>
>> 1/2 c. vinegar
>>
>> 1/2 c. brown sugar
>>
>> 3 T. chili powder
>>
>> 2 c. chopped onion
>>
>> 6 cloves garlic, crushed
>>
>> 2 t. salt
>>

>> Simmer for 25 minutes.

> That looks really good. I will give to hubby who makes bbq sauces for our Q.

Right on, no reason to stop the Q just cuz it's winter!

Danged group is dead, huh?
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Thanks for the recipe. Looks excellent. Never did buy any of Smokeys books but wore out his website for a few years. Always a preponderance to good tips and factoids coming from that young man and his guest experts. Recall the spice ladies column very well. Dang shes a smarty..lol. Tell all the bunch we say hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeringer[_2_] View Post
On 2/18/2013 9:31 AM, Nanzi wrote:
On Sunday, February 17, 2013 4:49:30 PM UTC-5, smokeringer wrote:
Barbecue'n On The Internet - Home of Barbecue, Barbeque & BBQ! -

[...]

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Glad you liked it, coffee and Q just sauce up real well together.

If you're ever out to El Paso an old time place to get good sauce for
your Q is Tony's, downtown on Myrtle Ave.

http://www.tonysthepitbbq.com/