FoodBanter.com

-   -   hello? (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/422880-hello.html)

smokeringer[_2_] 17-02-2013 09:49 PM

hello?

http://barbecuen.com/smoker.htm

http://www.barbecuen.com/recipes/coffeesauce.htm

Coffee Flavored Barbecue Sauce
a/k/a "Texas
Blackjack Sauce"

Comments

This sauce is taken from Smoky Hale's "The Great American Barbecue
Instruction Book", pg. 105.

Combine the following:

1 c. strong coffee
1 c. worcestershire
1 c. catsup
1/2 c. vinegar
1/2 c. brown sugar
3 T. chili powder
2 c. chopped onion
6 cloves garlic, crushed
2 t. salt

Simmer for 25 minutes.

Nanzi 18-02-2013 04:31 PM

hello?

On Sunday, February 17, 2013 4:49:30 PM UTC-5, smokeringer wrote:
http://barbecuen.com/smoker.htm

http://www.barbecuen.com/recipes/coffeesauce.htm

Coffee Flavored Barbecue Sauce

a/k/a "Texas

Blackjack Sauce"

Comments

This sauce is taken from Smoky Hale's "The Great American Barbecue

Instruction Book", pg. 105.

Combine the following:

1 c. strong coffee

1 c. worcestershire

1 c. catsup

1/2 c. vinegar

1/2 c. brown sugar

3 T. chili powder

2 c. chopped onion

6 cloves garlic, crushed

2 t. salt

Simmer for 25 minutes.

That looks really good. I will give to hubby who makes bbq sauces for our Q.

smokeringer[_2_] 19-02-2013 01:06 AM

hello?

On 2/18/2013 9:31 AM, Nanzi wrote:
[...]

Right on, no reason to stop the Q just cuz it's winter!

Danged group is dead, huh?

bigwheel 19-02-2013 05:51 PM

Thanks for the recipe. Looks excellent. Never did buy any of Smokeys books but wore out his website for a few years. Always a preponderance to good tips and factoids coming from that young man and his guest experts. Recall the spice ladies column very well. Dang shes a smarty..lol. Tell all the bunch we say hi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokeringer[_2_] (Post 1814953)
On 2/18/2013 9:31 AM, Nanzi wrote:
Barbecue'n On The Internet - Home of Barbecue, Barbeque & BBQ! -

smokeringer[_2_] 20-02-2013 10:38 PM

hello?

Glad you liked it, coffee and Q just sauce up real well together.

If you're ever out to El Paso an old time place to get good sauce for
your Q is Tony's, downtown on Myrtle Ave.

http://www.tonysthepitbbq.com/

-