FoodBanter.com

-   -   Hi Folks. (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/422158-hi-folks.html)

bigwheel 07-01-2013 09:50 PM

Hi Folks.

Lot of familiar sounding names over here. Looking forward to some informative type banter.

monroe, of course 08-01-2013 01:25 AM

Hi Folks.

Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Jan 2013 20:50:02 +0000, bigwheel wrote:
>
> > Lot of familiar sounding names over here. Looking forward to some
> > informative type banter.

> There's a new approach. This fits the usual foodbanter/Google type
> introduction that always includes the phrase "looking forward to...",
> but this guy goes as far as imply that he knows people here.
>
> So which names sound familiar to you?
>
> [the wind whispers, leaves rustle gently, birds chirp in the distance]

I think I remember this bigwheel. Something about tricycles.
Not sure if that's a good thing tho...

monroe(rustling windy birds-<cheep,fart>)

bbq 08-01-2013 02:13 AM

Hi Folks.

On 1/7/2013 6:40 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Jan 2013 19:25:09 -0500, monroe, of course wrote:
>
>> > wrote:

>>> There's a new approach. This fits the usual foodbanter/Google type
>>> introduction that always includes the phrase "looking forward to...",
>>> but this guy goes as far as imply that he knows people here.
>>>
>>> So which names sound familiar to you?
>>>
>>> [the wind whispers, leaves rustle gently, birds chirp in the distance]

>> I think I remember this bigwheel. Something about tricycles.

> Big Wheels were the precursor to recumbent bikes that cost $2,000 and
> were all the rage a decade ago. I broke my first bone riding a Big
> Wheel - my collar bone at 5 years old. I broke 31 more bones all
> together (and still counting).
>
> -sw

Did your teenage years involve you being in a cast most of the time? And
that is how you learned so much about computers? I had a few injuries
playing sports, but not broken bones. That did not happen tough until I
went to work !!. Maybe I should give up work.... :-)

BBQ

Ed Pawlowski 08-01-2013 03:58 AM

Hi Folks.

On Mon, 7 Jan 2013 20:50:02 +0000, bigwheel
> wrote:

>Lot of familiar sounding names over here. Looking forward to some
>informative type banter.

Are you "that" bigwheel from the old Thead list? Texas, I think.

Big Jim 08-01-2013 01:13 PM

Hi Folks.

"bigwheel" > wrote in message

> Lot of familiar sounding names over here. Looking forward to some
> informative type banter.
>

> --
> bigwheel

Damn if it ain't Gomer Pyle.
Hey Buddy good to see y'all.
Been awhile since I tried to teach you how to make hushpuppies in
GlenRose, EH?
BeeJay

bigwheel 08-01-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sqwertz (Post 1801835)
On Mon, 7 Jan 2013 20:50:02 +0000,
So which names sound familiar to you?
-sw

Well noticed Big Jim and Ed P. for starters but that was just on the opening page. Sure it will seem like old home week here shortly.

bigwheel 08-01-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monroe, of course (Post 1801836)
I think I remember this bigwheel. Something about tricycles.
Not sure if that's a good thing tho...monroe(rustling windy birds-cheep,fart)

It was good. You musta just forgot. I heard about that happening to seasoned citizens sometimes.

bigwheel 08-01-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Pawlowski (Post 1801918)
On Mon, 7 Jan 2013 20:50:02 +0000,

Are you "that" bigwheel from the old Thead list? Texas, I think.

Yeppers that's me. Still hangs the hat in God's Country. Still quote your scientific experiements on the scammy nature of Rytek and his Fermentto powder for sausage making. Hope all has been well with you and yours.

bigwheel 08-01-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Jim (Post 1801973)
Damn if it ain't Gomer Pyle.
Hey Buddy good to see y'all.
Been awhile since I tried to teach you how to make hushpuppies in
GlenRose, EH?
BeeJay

Well thanks for the warm welcome. Do still have the hush puppy strategy memorized..along with deep frying eggs and smoked biscuits. Yum yum. Still proudly use my official Big Jim lazy Q propane burner. You ever get them pesky coons under control?

monroe, of course 09-01-2013 03:48 AM

Hi Folks.

bigwheel wrote:
> It was good. You musta just forgot. I heard about that happening to
> seasoned citizens sometimes.

'Tis a thing of joy for a prodigal son to return to the fold. Even under
the flag of the Banterites.

monroe(old fart bows to an older fart)

Big Jim 09-01-2013 03:13 PM

Hi Folks.

"bigwheel" > wrote in message

> Big Jim;1801973 Wrote:
>> Damn if it ain't Gomer Pyle.
>> Hey Buddy good to see y'all.
>> Been awhile since I tried to teach you how to make hushpuppies in
>> GlenRose, EH?
>> BeeJay

> Well thanks for the warm welcome. Do still have the hush puppy strategy
> memorized..along with deep frying eggs and smoked biscuits. Yum yum.
> Still proudly use my official Big Jim lazy Q propane burner. You ever
> get them pesky coons under control?
>

> --
> bigwheel

Yes, some nice folks in town ate several of them after I caught them in my
homade live trap, I got a fat one in the freezer for later and my new
Livestock Guardian Puppy Mike is keeping the rest run off.
BeeJay

Tutall 11-01-2013 07:27 AM

Hi Folks.

On Jan 7, 12:50*pm, bigwheel >
wrote:
> Lot of familiar sounding names over here. Looking forward to some
> informative type banter.
>
> --
> bigwheel

Don't let the winter activity, or lack of, stop ya, it's gotten slow
around here, but here and there, bit and spurts still.

Our spiritual leader is a newlywed enjoying conjugal bliss these day.

(Or so he hopes we think)

Brick needs to stop laying brick and get a post on instead of a hard
on.

(as if, the old fart)

bigwheel 11-01-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Jim;
Still proudly use my official Big Jim lazy Q propane burner. You ever
get them pesky coons under control?

bigwheel[/i
[/color]
Yes, some nice folks in town ate several of them after I caught them in my
homade live trap, I got a fat one in the freezer for later and my new
Livestock Guardian Puppy Mike is keeping the rest run off.
BeeJay

Good news on the pup. Hope his dilligence do not interrupt the protein supply.

bigwheel 11-01-2013 07:14 PM

[quote=monroe, of course;
'Tis a thing of joy for a prodigal son to return to the fold. Even under
the flag of the Banterites.
monroe(old fart bows to an older fart)[/QUOTE]

Thanks Monroe. Now will testify once a person enters the 2nd Childhood phase it sorta like getting younger..lol.