Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Just in Time For The Holidays!

The afb FAQ!

http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq2/2.html

An oldie but goodie!

monroe(just the faqs,ma'am)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"monroe, of course" > wrote in message
.. .

> The afb FAQ!
>
> http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq2/2.html
>
> An oldie but goodie!
>
> monroe(just the faqs,ma'am)

Monroe,
That ain't the AFB FAQ. It is the OLD Thead list FAQ that is being posted
here.
It is great reading for everbody Noobs and Pros.
Thanks for posting
Big Jim

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Big Jim" > wrote:

> Monroe,
> That ain't the AFB FAQ. It is the OLD Thead list FAQ that is being posted
> here.
> It is great reading for everbody Noobs and Pros.
> Thanks for posting
> Big Jim

It's close enough for guvmint work.

monroe(straight outta 1998)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 12/4/2012 9:51 AM, monroe, of course wrote:
> "Big > wrote:
>
>> Monroe,
>> That ain't the AFB FAQ. It is the OLD Thead list FAQ that is being posted
>> here.
>> It is great reading for everbody Noobs and Pros.
>> Thanks for posting
>> Big Jim

> It's close enough for guvmint work.
>
> monroe(straight outta 1998)

Here is another AFB FAQ. Good reading for noobs and veterans to.
http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/

BBQ

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"bbq" > wrote in message
> On 12/4/2012 9:51 AM, monroe, of course wrote:
>> "Big > wrote:
>>
>>> Monroe,
>>> That ain't the AFB FAQ. It is the OLD Thead list FAQ that is being
>>> posted
>>> here.
>>> It is great reading for everbody Noobs and Pros.
>>> Thanks for posting
>>> Big Jim

>> It's close enough for guvmint work.
>>
>> monroe(straight outta 1998)

> Here is another AFB FAQ. Good reading for noobs and veterans to.
> http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/
>
> BBQ
> --

OOPS, I confess I did not click Monroe's link. That just take you to the
sign up page for the old Thead list.
I just saw that it was "Eaglequest" and assumed it went to the FAQ.
Rick's link is the proper one
Big Jim

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Big Jim" > wrote:

> OOPS, I confess I did not click Monroe's link. That just take you to the
> sign up page for the old Thead list.
> I just saw that it was "Eaglequest" and assumed it went to the FAQ.
> Rick's link is the proper one

Yayaya,thee ain't really an afbfaq BUT this has sufficed for yeeeeears.
Thead ain't posted here in decades. Nobody remembers who he is/was.
#1 Googlehit for "eaglequest" is some local OutwardBoundClone.
The version 2 link is the most relevant of a myriad of dead and dusty
'90s URLs that represent the beating heart of this NG.
I learned mightily from it and wish only to pass it on.
From one oldfartpurist to another,I only seek your blessing...

monroe(now can you deign to tell me how the coleslaw-cut sauerkraut
turned out?)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"monroe, of course" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Big Jim" > wrote:
>
>> OOPS, I confess I did not click Monroe's link. That just take you to the
>> sign up page for the old Thead list.
>> I just saw that it was "Eaglequest" and assumed it went to the FAQ.
>> Rick's link is the proper one

> Yayaya,thee ain't really an afbfaq BUT this has sufficed for yeeeeears.
> Thead ain't posted here in decades. Nobody remembers who he is/was.
> #1 Googlehit for "eaglequest" is some local OutwardBoundClone.
> The version 2 link is the most relevant of a myriad of dead and dusty
> '90s URLs that represent the beating heart of this NG.
> I learned mightily from it and wish only to pass it on.
> From one oldfartpurist to another,I only seek your blessing...
>
> monroe(now can you deign to tell me how the coleslaw-cut sauerkraut
> turned out?)

Monroe I ain't knock you at all in fact I applaud you for posting the
link. NOOBS may think that the FAQ was prepared by AFB is all.
ED Pawloski (sp) is still here and did contribute. I got on the OLD list
just as they were wrapping up the FAQ and publishing it. Since then I have
met face to face with many of the authors a few who are no longer among us.,
As for the sauerkraut. I sure don't remember seeing the question.
Sometimes I open the ABF and close it without reading it. I may have deleted
it and not seen it.
I apologize for that. The sauerkraut experiment did not work out very
good, for whatever reason, BUTT I will attempt it again.
BeeJay