FoodBanter.com

-   -   bbq beef sandwich (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/420139-bbq-beef-sandwich.html)

Zz Yzx 30-09-2012 05:10 PM

bbq beef sandwich

I've got a hankerin' for a bbq beef sanwich, similar to a pulled pork
sandwich. But I don't know how.

What cut of meat (aside from briskit)?

Thanks a heap,
-Zz

Reggie 30-09-2012 06:25 PM

bbq beef sandwich

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 09:10:35 -0700, Zz Yzx wrote:
>
>> I've got a hankerin' for a bbq beef sanwich, similar to a pulled pork
>> sandwich. But I don't know how.
>>
>> What cut of meat (aside from briskit)?

> You should use either brisket or brisket. Also, brisket works, too.
>
> Unless you want to do a whole chuck roll.
>
> -sw

have you ever considered brisket? :)

Tutall 30-09-2012 08:35 PM

bbq beef sandwich

On Sep 30, 9:10*am, Zz Yzx > wrote:
> I've got a hankerin' for a bbq beef sanwich, similar to a pulled pork
> sandwich. *But I don't know how.
>
> What cut of meat (aside from briskit)?
>
> Thanks a heap,
> -Zz

Wife has a decent oven brisket recipe if your interested.

monroe, of course 30-09-2012 09:46 PM

bbq beef sandwich

In article >,
"Reggie" > wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> > On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 09:10:35 -0700, Zz Yzx wrote:
> >
> >> I've got a hankerin' for a bbq beef sanwich, similar to a pulled pork
> >> sandwich. But I don't know how.
> >>
> >> What cut of meat (aside from briskit)?

> > You should use either brisket or brisket. Also, brisket works, too.
> >
> > Unless you want to do a whole chuck roll.
> >
> > -sw

> have you ever considered brisket? :)

or pYZzle

monroe(bull,not cow)

Zz Yzx 01-10-2012 01:53 AM

bbq beef sandwich

wrote:

>I've got a hankerin' for a bbq beef sanwich, similar to a pulled pork
>sandwich. But I don't know how.
>
>What cut of meat (aside from briskit)?
>
>Thanks a heap,
>-Zz

It's kinna' funny.....

This group is dying (very few original posts lately; few responses), I
post a valid question with a typo/mispelling, and you goons are all
over it like stink on shit.

It's liek you're hovering, circling...... "gimme' somethin' I can
swoop in on"......

Sheesh.

Zz Yzx 01-10-2012 02:26 AM

bbq beef sandwich

>Are you high or just drunk? Nobody criticised your spelling, or even
>mentioned it.
>
>-sw

Asshole

Reggie 01-10-2012 02:30 AM

bbq beef sandwich

"Zz Yzx" > wrote in message

>>Are you high or just drunk? Nobody criticised your spelling, or even
>>mentioned it.
>>
>>-sw

> Asshole

ok, so you are both right.

bbq 01-10-2012 05:29 AM

bbq beef sandwich

On 9/30/2012 11:10 AM, Zz Yzx wrote:
> I've got a hankerin' for a bbq beef sanwich, similar to a pulled pork
> sandwich. But I don't know how.
>
> What cut of meat (aside from briskit)?
>
> Thanks a heap,
> -Zz

You could try a chuck roast. Barbecue till tender enough to shred.

BBQ

ChairMan[_4_] 01-10-2012 05:36 AM

bbq beef sandwich

Zz Yzx wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 09:10:35 -0700, Zz Yzx >
> wrote:
>
>> I've got a hankerin' for a bbq beef sanwich, similar to a pulled
>> pork
>> sandwich. But I don't know how.
>>
>> What cut of meat (aside from briskit)?
>>
>> Thanks a heap,
>> -Zz

> It's kinna' funny.....
>
> This group is dying (very few original posts lately; few responses),
> post a valid question with a typo/mispelling, and you goons are all
> over it like stink on shit.
>
> It's liek you're hovering, circling...... "gimme' somethin' I can
> swoop in on"......
>
> Sheesh.

It might be a valid question, but its still vague.
You wanna smoked beef or just grilled.
the only thing close to pulled pork is chopped brisket or as SW
suggested a chuck roll.
I mean WTF, you don't even know what you want, but expect us to know
for you?
I've got a bit of the munchies, can you tell me what I can find in my
kitchen to munch on?.......SHEESH

bbq 01-10-2012 05:44 AM

bbq beef sandwich

On 9/30/2012 7:53 PM, Zz Yzx wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 09:10:35 -0700, Zz >
> wrote:
>
>> I've got a hankerin' for a bbq beef sanwich, similar to a pulled pork
>> sandwich. But I don't know how.
>>
>> What cut of meat (aside from briskit)?
>>
>> Thanks a heap,
>> -Zz

> It's kinna' funny.....
>
> This group is dying (very few original posts lately; few responses), I
> post a valid question with a typo/mispelling, and you goons are all
> over it like stink on shit.
>
> It's liek you're hovering, circling...... "gimme' somethin' I can
> swoop in on"......
>
> Sheesh.

Did you not see Marty's suggestion? He gave you a couple of suggestions
as well as cooking instructions. Do you want him to put it on your
cooker to?

BBQ

The Public Library 01-10-2012 03:06 PM

bbq beef sandwich

On 30 Sep, 20:52, Zz Yzx > wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 09:10:35 -0700, Zz Yzx >
> wrote:
>
> >I've got a hankerin' for a bbq beef sanwich, similar to a pulled pork
> >sandwich. *But I don't know how.

> >What cut of meat (aside from briskit)?

> >Thanks a heap,
> >-Zz

> It's kinna' funny.....
>
> This group is dying (very few original posts lately; few responses), I
> post a valid question with a typo/mispelling, and you goons are all
> over it like stink on shit.
>
> It's liek you're hovering, circling...... "gimme' somethin' I can
> swoop in on"......
>
> Sheesh.

they've been like this since around the end of WW2. the idiots on
this NG are only good for receiving a nice trolling once in a while.

PolyGaity 23-10-2012 08:06 PM

I want to help from administrator,

just joe 01-11-2012 07:48 PM

bbq beef sandwich

"Zz Yzx" > wrote in message

>>Are you high or just drunk? Nobody criticised your spelling, or even
>>mentioned it.
>>
>>-sw

> Asshole

I don't think it needs to be capitalized. Steve's just the plain old type,
nothing fancy.

just joe
petersburg (where early voting has you winning as a fail) alaska

PracticalBBQ'r 01-12-2012 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zz Yzx (Post 1774366)
I've got a hankerin' for a bbq beef sanwich, similar Snip
What cut of meat (aside from briskit)?
-Zz

"This recipe is from; 'Cooking from Quilt Country' by Marcia Adams. It is reminiscent of the barbecue sandwiches I grew up with in Northern Indiana. True childhood memories for me. My Grandmother made something akin to this, but sadly my mother made Sloppy Joes with browned ground beef and ketchup... If I'm hitt'n all eight cylinders I will cook the beef and pork on my charcoal grill but oven roasted still kicks butt! There's just something about the blend of pork and beef. I hope you love it as much as I."
INGREDIENTS:
2-1/2 pounds boneless chuck roast, trimmed
2-1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, trimmed
2 quarts water
2 ribs celery, cut in large pieces
1 large onion, cut in large pieces
2 carrots, cut in large pieces
2 small bay leaves
8 whole cloves
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
12 buns
Barbecue Sauce:
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup chopped onion
1-1/2 cups meat stock
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons celery salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon of each of the following;
chili powder, ground cumin, ground black pepper and then salt.
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Place meats, vegetables, and seasonings in a large roaster. Cover and bake for 3 hours. Remove pork, and continue baking the beef for another 1 hour, or until very tender (shredable). (Reserve broth for another use. It freezes well.)
2. In a large, heavy saucepan, saute' butter and onion for sauce until the onion is transparent. Add the remaining ingredients, and mix well. Then add shredded meats. Simmer over low heat until mixture is quite thick but still juicy. This will take about 15 minutes. Don't stir often; you want the meat to stay in good sized pieces. Serve on hot buns.

The Practical BBQ'r