Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default The Big Green Egg - What's The Book On it?

They're expensive without a doubt does anyone here use one and what is
your opinion on the
cost/benefit factor?
--
USA - We Rule The Oceans Therefore We Rule The World.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Aug 15, 4:39*pm, Jackaroo > wrote:
> They're expensive without a doubt does anyone here use one and what is
> your opinion on the
> cost/benefit factor?
> --
> USA - We Rule The Oceans Therefore We Rule The World.

Worth the money. In order to offset your cost, instead of using
commercial lump charcoal as fuel, use buffalo dung.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 14:35:24 -0700 (PDT), The Public Library
> wrote:

>On Aug 15, 4:39*pm, Jackaroo > wrote:
>> They're expensive without a doubt does anyone here use one and what is
>> your opinion on the
>> cost/benefit factor?
>> --
>> USA - We Rule The Oceans Therefore We Rule The World.

>Worth the money. In order to offset your cost, instead of using
>commercial lump charcoal as fuel, use buffalo dung.

Don't be ridiculous. Cattle dung is easier to find and works just as
well. I think you buffalo dung guys on the prairie are just elitists.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Jackaroo > wrote:

> They're expensive without a doubt does anyone here use one and what is
> your opinion on the
> cost/benefit factor?

They're a helluva lot cheaper than a lotta metal boxes that won't last
nearly as long.
Check Kalamazoo,Wilmington,HastyBake,et al. and then come back and
whinge about expenditure/quality of BGE.
I use a diff brand of flowerpot but the idea IMO was to buy something
that would be the last cooker I'd ever need.

monroe(so far so good)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

What about the weight? Can you get it home in a small car?

Can you move it off the porch for hurricane season?

On 2012-08-16 01:30:16 +0000, monroe, of course said:

> Jackaroo > wrote:
>
>> They're expensive without a doubt does anyone here use one and what is
>> your opinion on the
>> cost/benefit factor?

> They're a helluva lot cheaper than a lotta metal boxes that won't last
> nearly as long.
> Check Kalamazoo,Wilmington,HastyBake,et al. and then come back and
> whinge about expenditure/quality of BGE.
> I use a diff brand of flowerpot but the idea IMO was to buy something
> that would be the last cooker I'd ever need.
>
> monroe(so far so good)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Aug 22, 9:04*pm, Robert Love > wrote:
> What about the weight? *Can you get it home in a small car?
>
> Can you move it off the porch for hurricane season?

If it's too heavy to move, a hurricane isn't going to bother it much
is it?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 2012-08-23 13:44:01 +0000, tutall said:

> On Aug 22, 9:04*pm, Robert Love > wrote:
>> What about the weight? *Can you get it home in a small car?
>>
>> Can you move it off the porch for hurricane season?

> If it's too heavy to move, a hurricane isn't going to bother it much
> is it?

Limited thinking. What if my neighbor's chair is driven into the side
of it by 80 mile/hour winds or worse?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Aug 23, 5:45*pm, Robert Love > wrote:
> On 2012-08-23 13:44:01 +0000, tutall said:
>
> > On Aug 22, 9:04*pm, Robert Love > wrote:
> >> What about the weight? *Can you get it home in a small car?

> >> Can you move it off the porch for hurricane season?

> > If it's too heavy to move, a hurricane isn't going to bother it much
> > is it?

> Limited thinking. *What if my neighbor's chair is driven into the side
> of it by 80 mile/hour winds or worse?

You'll have a place to sit.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wednesday, August 15, 2012 4:39:52 PM UTC-4, Jackaroo wrote:
> They're expensive without a doubt does anyone here use one and what is
>
> your opinion on the
>
> cost/benefit factor?
>
> --
>
> USA - We Rule The Oceans Therefore We Rule The World.

We have a 10 year old Kamado that we wouldn't trade for the world. We were going thru gas bbq's in about 2 or 3 years. Yes they, ceramic cookers, are expensive, but it has paid for itself many times over. We got the wheels on the Kamado, a # 5 size, and it takes 2 men to get it up and down the stairs, 3 or 4, from the top deck to the bottom, but it wheels nicely.
The kids are jokingly fighting over it when we're gone. They say the first one with a pick up truck and friends to help schlep it, gets it!!

If it broke irreparably we would replace it immediately with a new one.
Nan in DE