Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default DH made BBQ'd sausage log

They are called 'fatties' by BBQ Brethren. A pound of sausage stuffed with whatever you can dream up. He stuffed it with onion, cheese, green pepper, and liberally used our rub in it. Then it went on low and slow, 225 degrees until 165 degrees in center(about an hour and a half). Crunchy on the outside and just bustin with flavor on the inside, and all the fat dripped out.. It was delicious.

I am going to try it with pineapple, onions and something hot. Possibilities only slowed by your imigination.

The websites showed it wrapped with a bacon weave, maybe we'll try that next time.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Thanks Marty, we will do them often too I'm sure. Appreciate the info
on how you do yours.
He found a video somewhere where they just put a slit in the middle and
stuffed it.....after he had struggled with rolling it out. I will try
mine 'sushi' style and roll it with sushi mat(covered in plastic) and
see what comes up.
He didn't bacon wrap it, as we only had good bacon from the butcher, and
he wanted to use cheaper grocery store bacon for a weave, like he does with
the M'oink Balls.
You said you cook at 200 - 205 with the plastic around it? Not on the grill
I am thinking, as the plastic would melt, where?
Regards, Nan