FoodBanter.com

-   -   BB's bbq is closing for good (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/418773-bbs-bbq-closing-good.html)

The Public Library 08-07-2012 03:04 PM

BB's bbq is closing for good

http://futures.tradingcharts.com/new...181464174.html
{
After opening as a snowball stand more than 14 years ago, BB's Bar-B-
Que and Snak Shak owner Tommy Brooks said the eatery will be closing
for good after today.

The popular barbecue restaurant on U.S. 90 in Waveland will open at 11
a.m. today and close permanently sometime this evening.

"We've had a good ride, but the economy has done us in," Brooks said.

Brooks and his wife opened BB's as a snowball stand in 1998 as a place
for their children to work while they were in high school. The
business expanded from there into a restaurant that is well-known for
its slabs of ribs, pulled pork sandwiches and cole slaw.

In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, Brooks said BB's was hit by 7
feet of water, and they had to renovate with no flood insurance.

"It's been a hard track since Katrina, and Waveland's economy just
hasn't bounced back," he said. "We're thankful for our loyal
customers, but there just aren't enough."

Brooks said his wife is so upset she will not be able to attend BB's
final day in business. "It's hard," Brooks said. "We've watched kids
grow up here."

Brooks said they will not be selling any equipment or assets and may
reopen, but there are no plans in the near future.
}