Old 29-06-2012, 05:34 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default 4th of July?

Anybody doing anything, either this weekend or next, for the 4th?
I'm thinking chicken and brisket again as I'm still tweeking my
recipes for another competition.

Shinglhed
Eat, drink, and be merry.....and by all means over do it!

Old 30-06-2012, 03:15 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 12:44:12 -0500, Sqwertz
wrote:

The only piece of meat on sale is brisket from the dreaded Randall's
(Safeway) for $1.49/lb when you buy $25 worth of other stuff. And
they're so expensive that if you buy $25 worth of other stuff, you may
as well just pay full price ($2.18) at Walmart or HEB for your
brisket.

-sw

Brisket here in CT was $2.58 at WalMart.
Old 30-06-2012, 11:54 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote in message
Anybody doing anything, either this weekend or next, for the 4th?
I'm thinking chicken and brisket again as I'm still tweeking my
recipes for another competition.

Shinglhed
Eat, drink, and be merry.....and by all means over do it!

Nuthin special here.
BUTT "Shinglhed
Eat, drink, and be merry.....and by all means over do it!"
I've always preferred "Eat drink and MAKE Mary"
BeeJay

Old 30-06-2012, 03:14 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:

The only piece of meat on sale is brisket from the dreaded Randall's
(Safeway) for $1.49/lb when you buy $25 worth of other stuff. And
they're so expensive that if you buy $25 worth of other stuff, you may
as well just pay full price ($2.18) at Walmart or HEB for your
brisket.

Brisket here in CT was $2.58 at WalMart.

For some reason brisket is at his highest market price for years and
the stores been having to limit purchases to 2 at a time for some
reason. As if there's a brisket shortage.

I see a pennies-per-pound diff between Wally-world's brisket and my
local butcher's! I mean Whiskitty Tango Foxytrot?!?!!
Sure does explain why I haven't cooked a brisket in a coon's age.
Pork butt prices are just as frickin' ree-dick-luss a swell.
Here's to cheap chicks and markdown steaks.

monroe(meat prices like unto fireworks upupupBOOM)

Old 30-06-2012, 03:25 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 10:14:05 -0400, "monroe, of course"
wrote:

I see a pennies-per-pound diff between Wally-world's brisket and my
local butcher's! I mean Whiskitty Tango Foxytrot?!?!!
Sure does explain why I haven't cooked a brisket in a coon's age.
Pork butt prices are just as frickin' ree-dick-luss a swell.
Here's to cheap chicks and markdown steaks.

monroe(meat prices like unto fireworks upupupBOOM)

Whole briskets at another store a about 50 more per pound. Flats are
very high 4.5 to $6.

Pork is cheap. I still see butts and picnics for 1.09 to 1.49 on a
regular basis. Whole boneless loins are 1.99, a price that is about
10 years old now.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:37 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 6/30/2012 9:14 AM, monroe, of course wrote:

wrote:

The only piece of meat on sale is brisket from the dreaded Randall's
(Safeway) for $1.49/lb when you buy $25 worth of other stuff. And
they're so expensive that if you buy $25 worth of other stuff, you may
as well just pay full price ($2.18) at Walmart or HEB for your
brisket.

Brisket here in CT was $2.58 at WalMart.

For some reason brisket is at his highest market price for years and
the stores been having to limit purchases to 2 at a time for some
reason. As if there's a brisket shortage.

I see a pennies-per-pound diff between Wally-world's brisket and my
local butcher's! I mean Whiskitty Tango Foxytrot?!?!!
Sure does explain why I haven't cooked a brisket in a coon's age.
Pork butt prices are just as frickin' ree-dick-luss a swell.
Here's to cheap chicks and markdown steaks.

monroe(meat prices like unto fireworks upupupBOOM)

You got that right on pork prices being way up in price to. Our chick
prices haven't been going up, but haven't seen the 99 cent sale prices
in a couple of months though.

Ribeyes were $6.99/lb for 2 weeks. Great price in these parts. I even
splurged and got 1 each week. Been so long since a had a ribeye, I
screwed up cooking both of them. One I broiled in the oven because of so
much rain or threat of rain that week. Still good, but I should have
broiled it up a level. The grilled one, I grilled veggies for 45
minutes or so, then tried to grill the steak using those coals. I
should have added more coals and gotten it hotter.

But hey, no one complained. Living alone has its benefits ;-) I get to
try it again with Strip Steaks this week at $5.99 lb. So bloody hot here
now though, not sure if I am up to grilling anything.

BBQ
--
Vegetarian

An old Indian term for poor hunter...
Old 03-07-2012, 04:15 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

bbq wrote:
So bloody hot here
now though, not sure if I am up to grilling anything.

BBQ

NS. My grill's dome thermometer read 150F without even being lit.

monroe(just toss the steaks on the sidewalk)
Old 03-07-2012, 05:00 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 7/2/2012 10:15 PM, monroe, of course wrote:
wrote:
So bloody hot here
now though, not sure if I am up to grilling anything.

BBQ

NS. My grill's dome thermometer read 150F without even being lit.

monroe(just toss the steaks on the sidewalk)

May as well add eggs and buttered bread to that "concrete griller" too.
Why waste heat? ....

BBQ

Old 04-07-2012, 12:42 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"bbq" wrote

But hey, no one complained. Living alone has its benefits ;-) I get to try
it again with Strip Steaks this week at $5.99 lb. So bloody hot here now
though, not sure if I am up to grilling anything.

BBQ

No need to barbecue at all. Just toss it out on the sidewalk..........