FoodBanter.com

-   -   Deal or Dud? (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/417929-deal-dud.html)

ChairMan[_3_] 27-05-2012 08:31 AM

Deal or Dud?

Anybody have an opinion on how well this cheaper model works?

http://www.jr.com/polder/pe/PDR_THM3...dSale.05252012

ChairMan[_3_] 27-05-2012 09:19 PM

Deal or Dud?

Sqwertz wrote:
On Sun, 27 May 2012 02:31:22 -0500, ChairMan wrote:

Anybody have an opinion on how well this cheaper model works?

http://www.jr.com/polder/pe/PDR_THM3...dSale.05252012

Does it beep when it reaches 98.6F?

-sw

haha...... I guess it would if you set to beep then

ChairMan[_2_] 28-05-2012 02:06 AM

Deal or Dud?

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 May 2012 15:19:49 -0500, ChairMan wrote:

Sqwertz wrote:
On Sun, 27 May 2012 02:31:22 -0500, ChairMan wrote:

Anybody have an opinion on how well this cheaper model works?

http://www.jr.com/polder/pe/PDR_THM3...dSale.05252012

Does it beep when it reaches 98.6F?

haha...... I guess it would if you set to beep then

It just looked soooo... Anal probeish. Like something from the doctor
or vets office.

-sw

yabbut, doesn't Polder make another model(same probe style) that runs about
$100?
i thought this might be a cheaper alternative

anal probeish?? you been peekin down at the dock?

Tutall 28-05-2012 06:39 AM

Deal or Dud?

On May 27, 6:52*pm, Sqwertz wrote:
On Sun, 27 May 2012 20:06:17 -0500, ChairMan wrote:
yabbut, doesn't Polder make another model(same probe style) that runs about
$100?
i thought this might be a cheaper alternative

I've never seen a Polder over $30. And looking at their catalog
confirms that (29.99 for a dual probe).

Perhaps you're thinking of Thermapen.

-sw

Am sold on Thermapens now. Got the first one 4 years ago or so,
finally replaced the first battery just recently and yesterday,
stupidly set it down on the firebox. ( it's a flat spot I use a lot
when grilling, so bad habit )
Well, didn't notice my mistake for mebbe 30 seconds and melted plastic
was left behind. Once the thing cooled back down it worked fine again.

But shit, for $20 this Polder looks great. They've got a decent
reputation, so go for it. let out your inner proctologist and probe
your meat.

ChairMan[_3_] 28-05-2012 08:24 AM

Deal or Dud?

tutall wrote:
[...]

thats what I thought, 14.99 is worth the gamble w/ free shipping and
n/tax
what the hell

Ed Pawlowski 28-05-2012 01:57 PM

Deal or Dud?

On Mon, 28 May 2012 02:24:58 -0500, "ChairMan" wrote:

But shit, for $20 this Polder looks great. They've got a decent
reputation, so go for it. let out your inner proctologist and probe
your meat.

thats what I thought, 14.99 is worth the gamble w/ free shipping and
n/tax
what the hell

I thought about it too, but they are our of stock.

Amazon has them for $17.00 though, potentially free shipping if you
order $25 or more.