Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default "Denver cut" lamb ribs

Anybody know what Denver cut means? Is it a particular part of the
lamb, or a particular way of trimming (i.e.: "french trimmed")?
"Zz Yzx" rhymes with "physics"; or " Isaacs" if you prefer.
http://www.abandonedbutnotforgotten.com/zzyzx_road.htm
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Zz Yzx > wrote:

> Anybody know what Denver cut means? Is it a particular part of the
> lamb, or a particular way of trimming (i.e.: "french trimmed")?
> "Zz Yzx" rhymes with "physics"; or " Isaacs" if you prefer.
> http://www.abandonedbutnotforgotten.com/zzyzx_road.htm

I see beef "Denver Steaks" at the local meatorium from time to time.
Methinks they're just a new style of cross-cut chuck.
Probly just doin'the same thing to a mutton.

monroe(as unto ovine like unto bovine)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 26, 7:00*am, Zz Yzx > wrote:
> Anybody know what Denver cut means? *Is it a particular part of the
> lamb, or a particular way of trimming (i.e.: "french trimmed")?
> "Zz Yzx" rhymes with "physics"; or " Isaacs" if you prefer.http://www.abandonedbutnotforgotten.com/zzyzx_road.htm

A quick google search indicated it's analagous to pork's St. Louis
cut. It appears to be a cut of lamb ribs.