Old 16-05-2012, 04:12 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Opinion--Barb-B-Chef Replacement

I was bummed to find the company is no longer in business. Is there a
suitable replacement, built with good qualitity metal, iron grates,
maybe an adustable height of charcoal? Bigger than 600 square inches.
Easy to remove ash tray. It doesn't have to have an offset smoker.

All ideas appreciated.

Old 16-05-2012, 03:55 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 16, 1:42*am, Sqwertz wrote:
On Tue, 15 May 2012 22:12:12 -0500, Robert Love wrote:
I was bummed to find the company is no longer in business. * Is there a
suitable replacement, built with good qualitity metal, iron grates,
maybe an adustable height of charcoal? *Bigger than 600 square inches..
Easy to remove ash tray. *It doesn't have to have an offset smoker.

All ideas appreciated.

Time to move on to a different style. *You'll be fine.

Hell no, that's the best grill style out there. Don't settle for less
BobLove.

Bob, you should be able to find plenty of grillmakers out there. What
you probably want is to find one nearby to save on freight.
If you are from the southern midwest you will have the best luck.
There's only one or two that make this style of grill WITH a firebox
for BBQing though. Klose is one, forget the other.
Why does your current one need replacing?
Old 18-05-2012, 08:48 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Robert Love" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
I was bummed to find the company is no longer in business. Is there a
suitable replacement, built with good qualitity metal, iron grates, maybe
an adustable height of charcoal? Bigger than 600 square inches. Easy to
remove ash tray. It doesn't have to have an offset smoker.

All ideas appreciated.

I'd avoid a bullet smoker, although your 600 sq. in. pretty much does that.
I have a Weber Smokey Mountain I wish I hadn't purchased.

Kent

Old 25-05-2012, 01:45 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kent wrote:
"Robert wrote in message
news:[email protected]
I was bummed to find the company is no longer in business. Is there a
suitable replacement, built with good qualitity metal, iron grates, maybe
an adustable height of charcoal? Bigger than 600 square inches. Easy to
remove ash tray. It doesn't have to have an offset smoker.

All ideas appreciated.

I'd avoid a bullet smoker, although your 600 sq. in. pretty much does that.
I have a Weber Smokey Mountain I wish I hadn't purchased.

Kent

You just don't know how to use it.