Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default leftover lobster: what to do?

I split the tails vertically, then grilled them in butter-lemon
zest-basil, to perfection. Wife was ecstatic. I'm not a huge fan
(they're big insects, fer chrissakes'), but liked it enough.

But I made to much, have a whole split tail leftover and I know it
won't keep long so I gotta' use it tonight.

Any ideas, recipes, for day-old lobster? Salad, soup?

-Zz
"Zz Yzx" rhymes with "physics"; or " Isaacs" if you prefer.
http://www.abandonedbutnotforgotten.com/zzyzx_road.htm
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 5/14/2012 8:27 PM, Zz Yzx wrote:
> I split the tails vertically, then grilled them in butter-lemon
> zest-basil, to perfection. Wife was ecstatic. I'm not a huge fan
> (they're big insects, fer chrissakes'), but liked it enough.
>
> But I made to much, have a whole split tail leftover and I know it
> won't keep long so I gotta' use it tonight.
>
> Any ideas, recipes, for day-old lobster? Salad, soup?
>
> -Zz
> "Zz Yzx" rhymes with "physics"; or " Isaacs" if you prefer.
> http://www.abandonedbutnotforgotten.com/zzyzx_road.htm

Make a lobster roll. Make a salad out of the lobster with celery and
mayo (you can Google for recipes) and stuff the salad into a hot dog
bun. The bread-like ones in New England are preferred.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Zz Yzx" > wrote in message
>I split the tails vertically, then grilled them in butter-lemon
> zest-basil, to perfection. Wife was ecstatic. I'm not a huge fan
> (they're big insects, fer chrissakes'), but liked it enough.
>
> But I made to much, have a whole split tail leftover and I know it
> won't keep long so I gotta' use it tonight.
>
> Any ideas, recipes, for day-old lobster? Salad, soup?

Lobster bisque. A soup. Google it.

Steve