Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default I've ridden down south and tasted much southern

cooking/barbecue, while putting about on my Honda Goldwing.
But the best bbq, I still make at home, up here in the Queendom of
Canader.
Here's a recipe for the best Betty Crocker bbq ribs you ever had:
http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/...7-b916ecbff2a1
{
3 1/2
pounds pork loin back ribs
1/4
cup packed brown sugar
1
teaspoon salt
1/2
teaspoon pepper
3
tablespoons liquid smoke
2
garlic cloves, chopped
1
medium onion, sliced
1/2
cup cola
1 1/2
cups barbecue sauce
Spray inside of 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
2 Remove inner skin from ribs. Mix brown sugar, salt, pepper, liquid
smoke and garlic; rub mixture into ribs. Cut ribs into 4-inch pieces.
Layers ribs and onion in slow cooker. Pour cola over ribs.
3 Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until tender.
Remove ribs from slow cooker. Drain and discard liquid.
4 Pour barbecue sauce into shallow bowl. Dip ribs into sauce. Place
ribs in slow cooker. Pour any remaining sauce over ribs. Cover and
cook on low heat setting 1 hour.

Note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in
the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a
heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the
manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a
temperature.
}