Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Another BBQ joint done gone

http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2012/05/03/...bbq/?hpt=hp_c2

"Zz Yzx" rhymes with "physics"; or " Isaacs" if you prefer.
http://www.abandonedbutnotforgotten.com/zzyzx_road.htm
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Thu, 03 May 2012 19:39:07 -0700, Zz Yzx wrote:
>
>> http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2012/05/03/...bbq/?hpt=hp_c2

> I don't see any bark or smoke ring on any of that meat. Reminds me of
> the shit "BBQ" I had in South Carolina.
>
> -sw

There are places here where at most, they just cook over wood fire. One
place,not sure if I have ever seen smoke coming out. Many portable smoking
outfits around.

Greg
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Zz Yzx" > wrote in message
> http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2012/05/03/...bbq/?hpt=hp_c2
>
> "Zz Yzx" rhymes with "physics"; or " Isaacs" if you prefer.
> http://www.abandonedbutnotforgotten.com/zzyzx_road.htm

Sad.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Zz Yzx" > wrote in message
> http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2012/05/03/...bbq/?hpt=hp_c2
>
> "Zz Yzx" rhymes with "physics"; or " Isaacs" if you prefer.
> http://www.abandonedbutnotforgotten.com/zzyzx_road.htm

The original Zzyzx, California, also has an interesting past. (?) Quite a
checkered past.

Steve

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Zz Yzx" > wrote in message
> http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2012/05/03/...bbq/?hpt=hp_c2
>
> "Zz Yzx" rhymes with "physics"; or " Isaacs" if you prefer.
> http://www.abandonedbutnotforgotten.com/zzyzx_road.htm

The actual Zzyzx, California, is interesting, too.

Steve

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve B" > wrote:
> "Zz Yzx" > wrote in message
>> http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2012/05/03/...bbq/?hpt=hp_c2
>>
>> "Zz Yzx" rhymes with "physics"; or " Isaacs" if you prefer.
>> http://www.abandonedbutnotforgotten.com/zzyzx_road.htm

> The actual Zzyzx, California, is interesting, too.
>
> Steve

I never dared to get on that road !!

Greg
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"gregz" > wrote

>> The actual Zzyzx, California, is interesting, too.
>>
>> Steve

> I never dared to get on that road !!
>
> Greg

I saw it a million times driving back and forth from LV to LA, but never
took the exit, either.

I did read the history of the place one time. Kinda quirky.

Steve

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 4 May 2012 20:39:49 -0700, "Steve B" > wrote:

>"Zz Yzx" > wrote in message
.. .
>> http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2012/05/03/...bbq/?hpt=hp_c2
>>
>> "Zz Yzx" rhymes with "physics"; or " Isaacs" if you prefer.
>> http://www.abandonedbutnotforgotten.com/zzyzx_road.htm

>The original Zzyzx, California, also has an interesting past. (?) Quite a
>checkered past.
>
>Steve

As a geology undergrad and grad student, I spent many memorable days
('k, some that I can't remember too) in that vicinity.

Next time you go through, stop at the Crow Bar in Shoshone and count
the geologist's businesss cards on the bulliten board.

-Zz
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregz View Post
Sqwertz ost wrote:
On Thu, 03 May 2012 19:39:07 -0700, Zz Yzx wrote:

'One last meal' at Harold's BBQ – Eatocracy - CNN.com Blogs

I don't see any bark or smoke ring on any of that meat. Reminds me of
the shit "BBQ" I had in South Carolina.

-sw

There are places here where at most, they just cook over wood fire. One
place,not sure if I have ever seen smoke coming out. Many portable smoking
outfits around.

Greg
You could not have had Real South Carolina BBQ are you would still be eating. You must have had that imatation BBQ that has just moved in.

tried a new Q joint piedmont Barbecue 2 02-05-2010 06:25 PM
joint venture Sandra Figueroa Diabetic 3 07-03-2005 12:26 AM
joint venture Sandra Figueroa Barbecue 11 05-03-2005 05:24 PM
joint venture Sandra Figueroa Asian Cooking 3 05-03-2005 12:51 AM
joint venture Sandra Figueroa Asian Cooking 0 04-03-2005 08:34 PM