FoodBanter.com

-   -   Opinion- Brinkman model 810-7080-K (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/417063-opinion-brinkman-model-810-a.html)

Julian Macassey 15-04-2012 12:35 AM

Opinion- Brinkman model 810-7080-K

iI want to start smoking fish and meat.

Is this a good unit?

It doesn't seem to have temp control, or a rheostat.

Opinions, bigoted statements and praise sought.

--
The right to bear arms comes from our creator, not from our
government. - Newt Gingrich 13 April 2012

Steve B[_13_] 15-04-2012 03:11 AM

"Julian Macassey" > wrote in message
> iI want to start smoking fish and meat.
>
> Is this a good unit?
>
> It doesn't seem to have temp control, or a rheostat.
>
> Opinions, bigoted statements and praise sought.

I have one just like it, only charcoal. It is good for what it is good for,
but it does have its limits. Like computers, it will probably do more than
its owner knows how to make it do. After that, it's just spending time
learning.

If I were you, and I'm not, but for me, I tend to buy more than I need,
knowing that I will probably soon outgrow this model and want more. I'd
spend extra, wait a bit, ask more questions and advice, and go with a bigger
unit. Otherwise, you will end up there, buying a more expensive unit, and
using this for a small boat anchor.

BTW, I didn't choose mine, it chose me as part of an inheritance, just some
junk that was left and the next step was the dumpster. If I was to actually
go and buy one today, I would budget $400 for same item.

Now, charcoal or electrical. That is personal, but electric just doesn't
have the same flavor as real smoke. To me, that is.

You say this doesn't even have a temp control and rheostat? You will have
to sit with this every minute? Just on that, I'd pass.

Steve

The Public Library 30-04-2012 07:14 PM

On Apr 14, 7:35*pm, Julian Macassey > wrote:

> The right to bear arms comes from our creator, not from our
> government. - Newt Gingrich 13 April 2012

how tf would he know