FoodBanter.com

-   -   Just another reason to raise prices and screw us... (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/416590-just-another-reason-raise.html)

Gene 23-03-2012 08:10 PM

Just another reason to raise prices and screw us...

Just another reason to raise prices and screw us.
1st the mad cow scare drove up beef prices. I called bull shit on that
one. I never saw a mad cow. Hell, I never saw one that looked even
kinda ****ed off.

Mad cow=higher beef prices. So people purchased less beef and more
chicken, so they raised chicken prices, so people moved to pork, so
they raised pork prices, so more people started buying more veggies,
so.....

Now lets go back to beef because the prices aren't HIGH ENOUGH YET!

I swear, they won't be happy till we are eating each other, and not in
a fun way either.

This just in:

http://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eati...treated-cattle

I blame everything on Monsanto.

Soylent Green is next!

Gene

It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
Mark Twain

Kent[_5_] 25-03-2012 08:41 PM

"Gene" wrote in message ...

Just another reason to raise prices and screw us.
1st the mad cow scare drove up beef prices. I called bull shit on that
one. I never saw a mad cow. Hell, I never saw one that looked even
kinda ****ed off.

Mad cow=higher beef prices. So people purchased less beef and more
chicken, so they raised chicken prices, so people moved to pork, so
they raised pork prices, so more people started buying more veggies,
so.....

Now lets go back to beef because the prices aren't HIGH ENOUGH YET!

I swear, they won't be happy till we are eating each other, and not in
a fun way either.

This just in:

http://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eati...treated-cattle

I blame everything on Monsanto.

Soylent Green is next!

Gene

There is real beef shortage. There hasn't been anything this severe since
the Great Depression. This is from the Wall Street Journal the other day,

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...=beef+shortage

If this doesn't come through I'll copy text and resend.

Kent

Tutall 26-03-2012 12:17 AM

Just another reason to raise prices and screw us...

On Mar 23, 1:10*pm, Gene > wrote:

Doesn't eveyone remember prices going down when they started to use
pink slime?

Anyone?

Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds 26-03-2012 12:53 AM

Just another reason to raise prices and screw us...

In article >, Sqwertz >
wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 15:10:26 -0500, Gene wrote:
>
> > http://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eati...ay-mean-more-p
> > oorly-treated-cattle

> Prices will go up higher than what it really costs in added cattle,
> because:
>
> 1. The Beef lobby wants to punish us.
> 2. Because now they have a reason to charge more so they'll jack up
> the prices an extra 100% of the difference to put into their own
> pockets.
>
> You don't thin they're going to twist this to their advantage? Of
> course they are. Greed is what makes America great! Ask any
> politician.
>
> -sw

How did it ever benefit the cattle producers that the meat processors got more
useable product per cow?

It should have been the cattle producers lobbying against this all along

B. Server 31-03-2012 02:05 AM

Just another reason to raise prices and screw us...

Well don't let anything screw up a good conspiracy theory, but the
state of Texas, from which comes the third highest agricultural output
in the US has lost upwards of $7Billion in 2011 due to drought. More
directly, Texas is the largest beef producer in the US and that
industry lost an estimated $3.23Billion. So you might factor in what
impact a drop in supply of that magnitude has on prices.

--bs

ChairMan[_3_] 31-03-2012 06:10 AM

B. Server wrote:
> Well don't let anything screw up a good conspiracy theory, but the
> state of Texas, from which comes the third highest agricultural
> output
> in the US has lost upwards of $7Billion in 2011 due to drought. More
> directly, Texas is the largest beef producer in the US and that
> industry lost an estimated $3.23Billion. So you might factor in what
> impact a drop in supply of that magnitude has on prices.
>
> --bs

Got a buddy in Lometa that sold all his cows last year due to the
drought and cost of feed.
He said that it was the first time in 120 years that he or his family
didn't have any cattle.
There were a lot of others too