Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Whole Hog at Scott's BBQ

Watch the Travel Channel, Bizarre Foods America in Charleston, SC.
Zimmern visits Scott's bbq and they do whole hog the right way.

Monday, 3/12 at 8 PM
Tuesday, 3/13 at 3 AM

You'll be salivating as you watch this.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 8 Mar 2012 00:47:59 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 22:22:13 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> Watch the Travel Channel, Bizarre Foods America in Charleston, SC.
>> Zimmern visits Scott's bbq and they do whole hog the right way.
>>
>> Monday, 3/12 at 8 PM
>> Tuesday, 3/13 at 3 AM
>>
>> You'll be salivating as you watch this.

>Season 2 episode 3? It must be old.
>
>I just downloaded it and that wasn't it. Must be a different
>Charleston. It was a hot sushi show.
>
>-sw

New show, new series, it was first on this past Monday. Look for
Bizarre Foods America series
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Mar 2012 00:47:59 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 22:22:13 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> >
> >> Watch the Travel Channel, Bizarre Foods America in Charleston, SC.
> >> Zimmern visits Scott's bbq and they do whole hog the right way.
> >>
> >> Monday, 3/12 at 8 PM
> >> Tuesday, 3/13 at 3 AM
> >>
> >> You'll be salivating as you watch this.

> >Season 2 episode 3? It must be old.
> >
> >I just downloaded it and that wasn't it. Must be a different
> >Charleston. It was a hot sushi show.
> >
> >-sw

> New show, new series, it was first on this past Monday. Look for
> Bizarre Foods America series

What exactly is bizarre about a pig roast?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 14:02:08 -0600, Pete C. > wrote:

> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> New show, new series, it was first on this past Monday. Look for
>> Bizarre Foods America series

> What exactly is bizarre about a pig roast?

If you are a New York Jew, or a Detroit Moslem, it's
pretty bizarre. If you are a country boy, not so much.

--
This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with
Negroes, entertainers, and any others. - Harry J. Anslinger
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:

>> New show, new series, it was first on this past Monday. Look for
>> Bizarre Foods America series

>What exactly is bizarre about a pig roast?

Some of the other food he at in the episode were, especially a
particular clam.

The whole pig was one of the best representatives of real bbq that
I've ever seen on TV. Real wood, burned to coals they way it should
be.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 22:22:13 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>Watch the Travel Channel, Bizarre Foods America in Charleston, SC.
>Zimmern visits Scott's bbq and they do whole hog the right way.
>
>Monday, 3/12 at 8 PM
>Tuesday, 3/13 at 3 AM
>
>You'll be salivating as you watch this.

For the nzb go to

http://www.nzbclub.com/search.aspx?q=Bizarre+Foods&st=1

For people that can (and know how to use nzb files)

1st one is 720p HD

Gene

It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
Mark Twain

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 8-Mar-2012, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

> On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 14:02:08 -0600, "Pete C." >
> wrote:
>

> >> New show, new series, it was first on this past Monday. Look for
> >> Bizarre Foods America series

> >What exactly is bizarre about a pig roast?

> Some of the other food he at in the episode were, especially a
> particular clam.
>
> The whole pig was one of the best representatives of real bbq that
> I've ever seen on TV. Real wood, burned to coals they way it should
> be.

Another thing about Scott's BBQ that you didn't mention is that
they not only cook whole hogs (One half at a time), but they
completely debone the entire carcass and mix all of the meat
together before they serve it. His preburn pit is pretty unique
as well. They use a large drum standing up and with some heavy
bar stock criss crossed through it about halfway up. Then the
bottom is open so they can shovel hot coals out of it after they
fall through the very coarse grate. He burns down fireplace size
splits to coals. His pit is also pretty much
open to allow easy addition of hot coals around the interior
edges of the pit. There is no fire directly under the hog so
there are no flareups.He keeps a large shallow trough under
the hog to catch the grease.

--
Brick(Better to remain silent and be thought a fool
then to speak up and remove all doubt)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 22:22:13 -0500, Ed Pawlowski >
> wrote:
>

>> Watch the Travel Channel, Bizarre Foods America in Charleston, SC.
>> Zimmern visits Scott's bbq and they do whole hog the right way.
>>
>> Monday, 3/12 at 8 PM
>> Tuesday, 3/13 at 3 AM
>>
>> You'll be salivating as you watch this.

> For the nzb go to
>
> http://www.nzbclub.com/search.aspx?q=Bizarre+Foods&st=1
>
> For people that can (and know how to use nzb files)
>
> 1st one is 720p HD
>

> Gene
>
> It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to
> pork. - More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
> Mark Twain

http://www.binsearch.info/ is a good one, too

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 9 Mar 2012 09:29:24 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 16:51:14 -0600, Gene wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 22:22:13 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>>

>>>Watch the Travel Channel, Bizarre Foods America in Charleston, SC.
>>>Zimmern visits Scott's bbq and they do whole hog the right way.
>>>
>>>Monday, 3/12 at 8 PM
>>>Tuesday, 3/13 at 3 AM
>>>
>>>You'll be salivating as you watch this.

>> For the nzb go to
>>
>> http://www.nzbclub.com/search.aspx?q=Bizarre+Foods&st=1
>>
>> For people that can (and know how to use nzb files)
>>
>> 1st one is 720p HD

>It doesn't tell you what the file format is (or the file extension).
>Looks like it's probably in RAR's as well, plus you have to pay for
>the download VIA your usenet service.
>
>The first one I downloaded was a damned MKV file. My DVD and TV don't
>play Jackov format. And the second one I downloaded was a non-AVI
>MP4. So I'll pass on this. Too much trouble. I've seen whole hags
>get Q'd anyway.
>
>-sw

Par and rar files, so what's the big deal? Stuff is self repairing so
if things are corrupt you are still OK.

Wrong, you do not have to pay for d/l anything. I click on get nzb and
select open. This opens agent and from there I import the files. SUPER
EASY AND FREE.

Yep, the 1st one is an MKV (which VLC media player handles just fine).

Pass all you want. I ain't twistin any arms. Just thought my post
might be useful for some.

Gene

It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
Mark Twain

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:

> I've seen whole hags get Q'd anyway.

Had they cast a spell on the one who Q'd 'em?

It clearly wasn't the Sea Hag.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mar 9, 8:15*pm, Denny Wheeler >
wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Mar 2012 09:29:24 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
> > *I've seen whole hags get Q'd anyway.

> Had they cast a spell on the one who Q'd 'em?
>
> It clearly wasn't the Sea Hag.

One nice thing about Sea Hags is that they come pre-brined.

(Hmmm, do they hang out in Kents garage mebbe? )

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

tutall wrote:

> One nice thing about Sea Hags is that they come pre-brined.

No wonder they served hot sauerkraut so often in grade skool.

--
Dave
efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."......

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mar 12, 10:50*pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
> tutall wrote:
> > One nice thing about Sea Hags is that they come pre-brined.

> No wonder they served hot sauerkraut so often in grade skool.

Those were See Hags serving.

And when your mom saw your grades? C Hag.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

tutall wrote:
> On Mar 12, 10:50 pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
>> tutall wrote:
>>> One nice thing about Sea Hags is that they come pre-brined.

>> No wonder they served hot sauerkraut so often in grade skool.

> Those were See Hags serving.
>
> And when your mom saw your grades? C Hag.

Yup, them's da ones. :-)

--
Dave
efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."......
Robert Heinlein

(OT) Scott McKenzie Died jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 2 20-08-2012 01:23 AM
Scott's Barbecue Ed Pawlowski Barbecue 0 06-05-2012 11:42 PM
Barry Scott Marty[_3_] General Cooking 6 22-03-2009 01:01 PM
From the desk of Scott Fiore Scott Fiore Baking 4 12-02-2009 04:00 PM
From the desk of Scott Fiore Scott Fiore General Cooking 5 12-02-2009 02:20 AM