Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default how to customize your bbq sauce

here's the basic recipe:
(I don't like a sweet sauce)
Link:http://www.barbecue-smoker-recipes.c...arbecue-sauce-
recipes.html
{
100ml / 4 fl oz white vinegar
use 4oz.s of apple cider vinegar instead
100ml / 4 fl oz tomato ketchup
use 4oz.s of heinz chili sauce instead
100ml / 4 fl oz molasses
omit this ingredient

100ml / 4 fl oz orange juice
use juice of one lemon instead. keep shells
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
use 2 Tbsp. of yellow ball park mustard instead
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
make it 2 Tbsp. lea and perrins
1 teaspoon dried chili flakes
omit entirely
A good few shakes of Tabasco
use more than a few good shakes of LA hot sauce
salt and pepper to taste
this can stay in
}
Method:-

Essentially there's not much to the method other than to throw all the
ingredients in a saucepan and gently heat for 5 or 10 mins. It is
however critical with this recipe not to let it boil.
ignore above, and simmer slowly with the lemon shells for .5625 (9/16)
hours.
cool and stay cool baby!
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 07:45:42 -0800 (PST), Library
> wrote:

>here's the basic recipe:

>Essentially there's not much to the method other than to throw all the
>ingredients in a saucepan and gently heat for 5 or 10 mins. It is
>however critical with this recipe not to let it boil.
>ignore above, and simmer slowly with the lemon shells for .5625 (9/16)
>hours.
>cool and stay cool baby!

My sauce recipe that I use exclusively on my ribs;

1 large onion (LARGE)
EVOO as needed
3 minced cloves of garlic
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp oregano
1/4 cup sweet pickles, chopped
1 large can of crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup New Orleans Molasses
1/2 cup vinegar
2 Tblsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tblsp salt
3 Tblsp dark brown sugar
3 jalapeno peppers, de-seeded and chopped finely (double the amount if
store bought)

Start with the onion, I usually use an onion large enough that when
chopped it fills the bottom of a larg fry pan. Saute the onion until
transparent, add the garlic and cook for 1-2 min, then add everything
else except the peppers, bring to a boil and simmer until thick, add
peppers and simmer another 2-3 min

This makes for a thick & chunky sauce with just enough "kick" to
satisfy me and not burn out my guests.
The note on the jalapenos is because for some reason store bought
jalapenos around here have very very little heat compared to the ones
I grow myself.

Shinglhed
Eat, drink, and be merry.....and by all means over do it!
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Library > wrote:
> here's the basic recipe:
> (I don't like a sweet sauce)
> Link:http://www.barbecue-smoker-recipes.c...arbecue-sauce-
> recipes.html
> {
> 100ml / 4 fl oz white vinegar
> use 4oz.s of apple cider vinegar instead
> 100ml / 4 fl oz tomato ketchup
> use 4oz.s of heinz chili sauce instead
> 100ml / 4 fl oz molasses
> omit this ingredient
>
> 100ml / 4 fl oz orange juice
> use juice of one lemon instead. keep shells
> 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
> use 2 Tbsp. of yellow ball park mustard instead
> 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
> make it 2 Tbsp. lea and perrins
> 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes
> omit entirely
> A good few shakes of Tabasco
> use more than a few good shakes of LA hot sauce
> salt and pepper to taste
> this can stay in
> }
> Method:-
>
> Essentially there's not much to the method other than to throw all the
> ingredients in a saucepan and gently heat for 5 or 10 mins. It is
> however critical with this recipe not to let it boil.
> ignore above, and simmer slowly with the lemon shells for .5625 (9/16)
> hours.
> cool and stay cool baby!

That link did not work for me, but I found it anyway. I don't like any
sweet in dipping sauce. I like sweet rub, sweet mop. I don't know if
mopping is better than just rub. Chile powder in rub, maybe. I'll have to
experiment in sauce. Try some celery seeds.

Greg
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Feb 15, 9:45*am, Library > wrote:
> * * 100ml / 4 fl oz white vinegar
> * * use 4oz.s of apple cider vinegar instead
> * * 100ml / 4 fl oz tomato ketchup
> * * use 4oz.s of heinz chili sauce instead
> * * 100ml / 4 fl oz molasses
> * * omit this ingredient
>
> * * 100ml / 4 fl oz orange juice
> * * use juice of one lemon instead. *keep shells
> * * 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
> * * use 2 Tbsp. of yellow ball park mustard instead
> * * 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
> * * make it 2 Tbsp. lea and perrins
> * * 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes
> * * omit entirely
> * *A good few shakes of Tabasco
> * *use more than a few good shakes of LA hot sauce
> * salt and pepper to taste
> * this can stay in}

I made this bbq sauce yeserday but put 2 more ounces of chili sauce
and 1 good squirt of ketchup and half a cup of dark brown sugar. My
house smelled so badly of vinegar my girlfriend yelled at me for like
15 minutes about how her clothes are going to stink. I made a
dismissive wanking motion hand gesture and told her to leave so I
could air out the house. The sauce is great and was totally worth it!
Thanks Brosket.