Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Beef ribs...done

Did what I said in my last post.

Got the smoker to 250 and put the ribs in. Temp dropped to 200.

I put the ribs in at noon on the dot. It took 1/2 hour for the temp to
rise back to 250.

Pulled them off at 1338 (1:38 PM). Did not wrap. Just put them in a
pan, covered with foil. Started eating at 1430 (2:30).

Tender, juicy, and the flavor was out of this world.

Yum!

Gene

It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
Mark Twain

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 1/6/2012 9:29 PM, Gene wrote:
> Did what I said in my last post.
>
> Got the smoker to 250 and put the ribs in. Temp dropped to 200.
>
> I put the ribs in at noon on the dot. It took 1/2 hour for the temp to
> rise back to 250.
>
> Pulled them off at 1338 (1:38 PM). Did not wrap. Just put them in a
> pan, covered with foil. Started eating at 1430 (2:30).
>
> Tender, juicy, and the flavor was out of this world.
>
> Yum!
>
> Gene
>
> It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
> - More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
> Mark Twain

Sounds like a successful cook. Been very nice winter q'en weather up
here to lately. Mid to high 30's in the afternoon. I got a butt and
some ribs to cook. Will have to see what my schedule is next week. I
forgot already. I am thinking nothing scheduled M-F, just Sat/Sun. I
can look it up tomorrow !!!

BBQ
--
Vegetarian

An old Indian term for poor hunter...
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 21:29:51 -0600, Gene >
wrote:

>Did what I said in my last post.
>
>Got the smoker to 250 and put the ribs in. Temp dropped to 200.
>
>I put the ribs in at noon on the dot. It took 1/2 hour for the temp to
>rise back to 250.
>
>Pulled them off at 1338 (1:38 PM). Did not wrap. Just put them in a
>pan, covered with foil. Started eating at 1430 (2:30).
>
>Tender, juicy, and the flavor was out of this world.
>
>Yum!
>
>Gene

Sounds good. Not a bad cooking time too.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

snip

>Sounds like a successful cook. Been very nice winter q'en weather up
>here to lately. Mid to high 30's in the afternoon. I got a butt and
>some ribs to cook. Will have to see what my schedule is next week. I
>forgot already. I am thinking nothing scheduled M-F, just Sat/Sun. I
>can look it up tomorrow !!!
>
>BBQ

It was a surprisingly good cook. Faster than I thought it would be.
But it did hit 58 here today! Woo Hoo!

Gene

It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
Mark Twain

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

snip

>Sounds good. Not a bad cooking time too.

Freaked me out. Triple checked the doness and even temped it. I didn't
think it was really done till I tasted it. Last time I did beef ribs
was 2 and 1/2 hours.

Strange. But in a good way. Now I got to figure out what made that
happen.

Last time it was in the 80's out. Today was something like 58-59.

Gene

It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
Mark Twain

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Gene" wrote in message ...

snip

>Sounds good. Not a bad cooking time too.

Freaked me out. Triple checked the doness and even temped it. I didn't
think it was really done till I tasted it. Last time I did beef ribs
was 2 and 1/2 hours.

Strange. But in a good way. Now I got to figure out what made that
happen.

Last time it was in the 80's out. Today was something like 58-59.

Gene

It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
Mark Twain

You cooked beef ribs from scratch @ 250F for 1 1/2 hours at an outside temp
of 60F?
Am I missing something?
http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/beefrib1.html

Kent

http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/beefrib1.html

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jan 9, 7:58*pm, "Kent" > wrote:

> Am I missing something?
> Kent

A moral compass? A lick of sense?

A rhetorical question if we ever saw one.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kent wrote:
> Am I missing something?

(snicker)

--
Dave
efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."......

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" wrote in message

Kent wrote:
> Am I missing something?

(snicker)

--
Dave

How do you cook beef ribs in an hour and a half?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Gene" > wrote in message
> Did what I said in my last post.
>
> Got the smoker to 250 and put the ribs in. Temp dropped to 200.
>
> I put the ribs in at noon on the dot. It took 1/2 hour for the temp to
> rise back to 250.
>
> Pulled them off at 1338 (1:38 PM). Did not wrap. Just put them in a
> pan, covered with foil. Started eating at 1430 (2:30).
>
> Tender, juicy, and the flavor was out of this world.
>
> Yum!
>
> Gene

Pleeze Gene,

How did you cook the ribs in an hour and a half?

Pleeze answer. Pleeze pleeze, pretty pleeze

Why is USE NET dying?????

I know.

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 1/10/2012 9:04 PM, Kent wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> Did what I said in my last post.
>>
>> Got the smoker to 250 and put the ribs in. Temp dropped to 200.
>>
>> I put the ribs in at noon on the dot. It took 1/2 hour for the temp to
>> rise back to 250.
>>
>> Pulled them off at 1338 (1:38 PM). Did not wrap. Just put them in a
>> pan, covered with foil. Started eating at 1430 (2:30).
>>
>> Tender, juicy, and the flavor was out of this world.
>>
>> Yum!
>>
>> Gene
>>

> Pleeze Gene,
>
> How did you cook the ribs in an hour and a half?
>
> Pleeze answer. Pleeze pleeze, pretty pleeze
>
> Why is USE NET dying?????
>
> I know.
>
> Kent

Geez, he answered already. He put them on at 250. Ninety minutes later
he checked them they were done to his liking. He can't ask the cow what
age he is. I think the cow is dead and can't answer. There are other
things he did to. I saw what he mentioned in his post. But I won't tell
you. It's there in writing. Not hard to decipher.

We know you have a bad memory, possibly Alzheimer's disease. But it is
all there in one post. Six sentences.

Please, get some help.

BBQ
--
Vegetarian

An old Indian term for poor hunter...
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 21:24:13 -0600, bbq > wrote:

>On 1/10/2012 9:04 PM, Kent wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>>> Did what I said in my last post.
>>>
>>> Got the smoker to 250 and put the ribs in. Temp dropped to 200.
>>>
>>> I put the ribs in at noon on the dot. It took 1/2 hour for the temp to
>>> rise back to 250.
>>>
>>> Pulled them off at 1338 (1:38 PM). Did not wrap. Just put them in a
>>> pan, covered with foil. Started eating at 1430 (2:30).
>>>
>>> Tender, juicy, and the flavor was out of this world.
>>>
>>> Yum!
>>>
>>> Gene
>>>

>> Pleeze Gene,
>>
>> How did you cook the ribs in an hour and a half?
>>
>> Pleeze answer. Pleeze pleeze, pretty pleeze
>>
>> Why is USE NET dying?????
>>
>> I know.
>>
>> Kent
>>

>Geez, he answered already. He put them on at 250. Ninety minutes later
>he checked them they were done to his liking. He can't ask the cow what
>age he is. I think the cow is dead and can't answer. There are other
>things he did to. I saw what he mentioned in his post. But I won't tell
>you. It's there in writing. Not hard to decipher.
>
>We know you have a bad memory, possibly Alzheimer's disease. But it is
>all there in one post. Six sentences.
>
>Please, get some help.
>
>BBQ

What surprised me was the quick cook time when the outdoor temp was
lower than the last time I made these. As far as I can remember, the
marinade was the same. But then again, Oldtimers disease might be
kicking in.

What I didn't mention was that this time I removed the back skin. Yes,
there is a back skin (a comment for those that might not know). Easier
to remove than on pork ribs too. But I don't think that made a
difference on the cook time. Someone help me out here.

Wally world vac packed beef ribs. $1.88#. Damn near unbelievable.

Hands down the most tender (outside of braising) beef ribs I have ever
had.

BTW, he is beyond hope. But you know that

Gene

It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
Mark Twain

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 19:04:52 -0800, "Kent" >
wrote:

>"Gene" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Did what I said in my last post.
>>
>> Got the smoker to 250 and put the ribs in. Temp dropped to 200.
>>
>> I put the ribs in at noon on the dot. It took 1/2 hour for the temp to
>> rise back to 250.
>>
>> Pulled them off at 1338 (1:38 PM). Did not wrap. Just put them in a
>> pan, covered with foil. Started eating at 1430 (2:30).
>>
>> Tender, juicy, and the flavor was out of this world.
>>
>> Yum!
>>
>> Gene
>>

>Pleeze Gene,
>
>How did you cook the ribs in an hour and a half?
>
>Pleeze answer. Pleeze pleeze, pretty pleeze
>
>Why is USE NET dying?????
>
>I know.
>
>Kent

Read my post on my prep. There are BIG clues there...

Gene

It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
Mark Twain

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 1/10/2012 10:24 PM, Gene wrote:
snap
> What surprised me was the quick cook time when the outdoor temp was
> lower than the last time I made these. As far as I can remember, the
> marinade was the same. But then again, Oldtimers disease might be
> kicking in.
>
> What I didn't mention was that this time I removed the back skin. Yes,
> there is a back skin (a comment for those that might not know). Easier
> to remove than on pork ribs too. But I don't think that made a
> difference on the cook time. Someone help me out here.
>
> Wally world vac packed beef ribs. $1.88#. Damn near unbelievable.
>
> Hands down the most tender (outside of braising) beef ribs I have ever
> had.

Gene, but the smoker was still at the correct temp? or did i misread?

as for some of the removed comments, i have learned a new acronym this
week............ Well, That's Fantastic!

and hello, i'm new here

kate
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Tiger Lily > wrote:
> On 1/10/2012 10:24 PM, Gene wrote:
> snap
> > What surprised me was the quick cook time when the outdoor temp was
> > lower than the last time I made these. As far as I can remember, the
> > marinade was the same. But then again, Oldtimers disease might be
> > kicking in.
> >
> > What I didn't mention was that this time I removed the back skin. Yes,
> > there is a back skin (a comment for those that might not know). Easier
> > to remove than on pork ribs too. But I don't think that made a
> > difference on the cook time. Someone help me out here.
> >
> > Wally world vac packed beef ribs. $1.88#. Damn near unbelievable.
> >
> > Hands down the most tender (outside of braising) beef ribs I have ever
> > had.

> Gene, but the smoker was still at the correct temp? or did i misread?
>
> as for some of the removed comments, i have learned a new acronym this
> week............ Well, That's Fantastic!
>
> and hello, i'm new here

Kate! The invite was to Jan! PIMPLMFAO Whereabouts in Canuckland are ya?

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> Tiger Lily > wrote:
>> On 1/10/2012 10:24 PM, Gene wrote:
>> snap
>> > What surprised me was the quick cook time when the outdoor temp was
>> > lower than the last time I made these. As far as I can remember,
>> > the
>> > marinade was the same. But then again, Oldtimers disease might be
>> > kicking in.
>> >
>> > What I didn't mention was that this time I removed the back skin.
>> > Yes,
>> > there is a back skin (a comment for those that might not know).
>> > Easier
>> > to remove than on pork ribs too. But I don't think that made a
>> > difference on the cook time. Someone help me out here.
>> >
>> > Wally world vac packed beef ribs. $1.88#. Damn near unbelievable.
>> >
>> > Hands down the most tender (outside of braising) beef ribs I have
>> > ever
>> > had.

>> Gene, but the smoker was still at the correct temp? or did i misread?
>>
>> as for some of the removed comments, i have learned a new acronym
>> this
>> week............ Well, That's Fantastic!
>>
>> and hello, i'm new here

> Kate! The invite was to Jan! PIMPLMFAO Whereabouts in Canuckland are
> ya?

LMAO, yeah Kate, you stole my entrance

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

snip

>Gene, but the smoker was still at the correct temp? or did i misread?
>
>as for some of the removed comments, i have learned a new acronym this
>week............ Well, That's Fantastic!
>
>and hello, i'm new here
>
>kate

Hi Kate and a big welcome!

The temp I wanted to cook at was 250F. It is not uncommon for the temp
to drop from 250 to 200 when opening the smoker and placing the meat
into it. If your slow and in no rush, like me. The point is to
maintain an even cooking temp during the smoke. So once you get that
temp back up to your desired temp (in this case, 250), you want to
keep it there with no dips or spikes in the temp. Most smokers
recommend water in the "water pan" but I (and most here) would advise
to use play ground sand. All you are looking to do is keep the temp
even via a heat sink and sand will do that better than water, with out
the need to keep adding more during the cook.

Hope this helps. And again, welcome!

Gene

It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
Mark Twain

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 18:52:42 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> wrote:

>"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>> Tiger Lily > wrote:
>>> On 1/10/2012 10:24 PM, Gene wrote:
>>> snap

>>> Gene, but the smoker was still at the correct temp? or did i misread?
>>>
>>> as for some of the removed comments, i have learned a new acronym
>>> this
>>> week............ Well, That's Fantastic!
>>>
>>> and hello, i'm new here

>> Kate! The invite was to Jan! PIMPLMFAO Whereabouts in Canuckland are
>> ya?

>LMAO, yeah Kate, you stole my entrance

Well welcome aboard to you too!

Gene

It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
Mark Twain

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"KUnt" >
wrote:

> Pleeze Gene,
>
> How did you cook the ribs in an hour and a half?
>
> Pleeze answer. Pleeze pleeze, pretty pleeze
>
> Why is USE NET dying?????
>
> I know.

It was elfin magic he be usin', me boi!
Gene's last name is Keebler.

monroe(wtf)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 1/11/2012 1:42 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> Tiger > wrote:
>> On 1/10/2012 10:24 PM, Gene wrote:
>> snap
>>> What surprised me was the quick cook time when the outdoor temp was
>>> lower than the last time I made these. As far as I can remember, the
>>> marinade was the same. But then again, Oldtimers disease might be
>>> kicking in.
>>>
>>> What I didn't mention was that this time I removed the back skin. Yes,
>>> there is a back skin (a comment for those that might not know). Easier
>>> to remove than on pork ribs too. But I don't think that made a
>>> difference on the cook time. Someone help me out here.
>>>
>>> Wally world vac packed beef ribs. $1.88#. Damn near unbelievable.
>>>
>>> Hands down the most tender (outside of braising) beef ribs I have ever
>>> had.

>> Gene, but the smoker was still at the correct temp? or did i misread?
>>
>> as for some of the removed comments, i have learned a new acronym this
>> week............ Well, That's Fantastic!
>>
>> and hello, i'm new here

> Kate! The invite was to Jan! PIMPLMFAO Whereabouts in Canuckland are ya?

hey, does that mean i have to leave now? WTFantastic!

Calgary, Alberta

kate

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 1/11/2012 1:52 AM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>> Tiger Lily > wrote:
>>> On 1/10/2012 10:24 PM, Gene wrote:
>>> snap

>>> Yes,
>>> Easier

>>> ever
>>>
>>> Gene, but the smoker was still at the correct temp? or did i misread?
>>>
>>> as for some of the removed comments, i have learned a new acronym this
>>> week............ Well, That's Fantastic!
>>>
>>> and hello, i'm new here

>> Kate! The invite was to Jan! PIMPLMFAO Whereabouts in Canuckland are ya?

> LMAO, yeah Kate, you stole my entrance

oops, thought you already had

teenlet's GF's father is really interested in smokers and such, and i
came over for a gander

Bass Pro Shop here has a great range of various wood chip materials

kate
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 1/11/2012 2:17 AM, Gene wrote:
> snip
>
>> Gene, but the smoker was still at the correct temp? or did i misread?
>>
>> as for some of the removed comments, i have learned a new acronym this
>> week............ Well, That's Fantastic!
>>
>> and hello, i'm new here
>>
>> kate

> Hi Kate and a big welcome!
>
> The temp I wanted to cook at was 250F. It is not uncommon for the temp
> to drop from 250 to 200 when opening the smoker and placing the meat
> into it. If your slow and in no rush, like me. The point is to
> maintain an even cooking temp during the smoke. So once you get that
> temp back up to your desired temp (in this case, 250), you want to
> keep it there with no dips or spikes in the temp. Most smokers
> recommend water in the "water pan" but I (and most here) would advise
> to use play ground sand. All you are looking to do is keep the temp
> even via a heat sink and sand will do that better than water, with out
> the need to keep adding more during the cook.
>
> Hope this helps. And again, welcome!
>
> Gene
>
> It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
> - More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
> Mark Twain

thanks Gene, i did catch that the smoke temp dropped

and thanks for the sand tip

when smoking salmon (over hickory) we never used sand or water.......
i've learned something new!

kate
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 11:11:07 -0700, Tiger Lily > wrote:

>Bass Pro Shop here has a great range of various wood chip materials
>
>kate

Buy wood? No way! ! !

Visit a fruit orchard, grab some branches from the tree trimmers for
the utility lines. Steal a few pieces of firewood from the neighbor.
Get scraps from a woodworker or cabinet shop.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Tiger Lily > wrote:
> On 1/11/2012 1:42 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> > Tiger > wrote:
> >> On 1/10/2012 10:24 PM, Gene wrote:
> >> snap
> >> Gene, but the smoker was still at the correct temp? or did i misread?
> >>
> >> as for some of the removed comments, i have learned a new acronym this
> >> week............ Well, That's Fantastic!
> >>
> >> and hello, i'm new here

> > Kate! The invite was to Jan! PIMPLMFAO Whereabouts in Canuckland are
> > ya?

> hey, does that mean i have to leave now? WTFantastic!
>
> Calgary, Alberta

Big city girl. Fresh meat. Stick around!

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Tiger Lily > wrote:
> On 1/11/2012 1:52 AM, Ozgirl wrote:

> teenlet's GF's father is really interested in smokers and such, and i
> came over for a gander
>
> Bass Pro Shop here has a great range of various wood chip materials

You should be able to find it locally, not just pre-packaged.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 1/11/2012 9:47 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> Tiger > wrote:

>>> Kate! The invite was to Jan! PIMPLMFAO Whereabouts in Canuckland are
>>> ya?

>> hey, does that mean i have to leave now? WTFantastic!
>>
>> Calgary, Alberta

> Big city girl. Fresh meat. Stick around!

raised by a country boy in a town that was 38K......... once upon a time

kate
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 1/11/2012 9:52 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> Tiger > wrote:

>> teenlet's GF's father is really interested in smokers and such, and i
>> came over for a gander
>>
>> Bass Pro Shop here has a great range of various wood chip materials

> You should be able to find it locally, not just pre-packaged.

Most of it we can find by simply asking. We don't grow a lot of fruit
trees here, but i'm wondering what the Saskatoon berry bush/tree would
taste like.......... pemmican?

it is handy to have Bass Pro about to pick up something we are short of
or would like to try out

kate
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Gene" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 19:04:52 -0800, "Kent" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Gene" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> Did what I said in my last post.
>>>
>>> Got the smoker to 250 and put the ribs in. Temp dropped to 200.
>>>
>>> I put the ribs in at noon on the dot. It took 1/2 hour for the temp to
>>> rise back to 250.
>>>
>>> Pulled them off at 1338 (1:38 PM). Did not wrap. Just put them in a
>>> pan, covered with foil. Started eating at 1430 (2:30).
>>>
>>> Tender, juicy, and the flavor was out of this world.
>>>
>>> Yum!
>>>
>>> Gene
>>>

>>Pleeze Gene,
>>
>>How did you cook the ribs in an hour and a half?
>>
>>Pleeze answer. Pleeze pleeze, pretty pleeze
>>
>>Why is USE NET dying?????
>>
>>I know.
>>
>>Kent
>>

> Read my post on my prep. There are BIG clues there...
>
> Gene

Gene, I can't find anything. How long did you cook it? At what Temp? What
did you cook it in? How much time between the cooking and the hour and a
half warmup?

Thanks much,

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 1/12/2012 3:16 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Good, we need more chicks in here.
>
> Top help keep us in line, that is;-)
>
> -sw

wicked giggle

oh, i have to behave like a girl? dang! can i keep my jeans and pitchfork?

kate
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

>You BBQ'd beef ribs in an hour and a half at 235F average?
>
>Call me skpetical (to put it mildly).
>
>-sw

OK. But it is the truth. Try it. The one thing that I did different
this time was removing the back skin. That might have had something to
do with the short cook time.

Gene

It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
Mark Twain

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

snip

>Gene, I can't find anything. How long did you cook it? At what Temp? What
>did you cook it in? How much time between the cooking and the hour and a
>half warmup?
>
>Thanks much,
>
>Kent

I posted this:

OK, 2 slabs of those $1.88 per pound ribs are hitting the smoker today
(note central time of post).

2 slabs cut into 2 bone pieces.

Marinade as follows:

1 16 oz bottle of KC Masterpiece Steakhouse marinade
5 shots of Southern Comfort
1 tbs cracked fresh black pepper
2 tbs my own dry rub
3 tbs brown sugar
1 tbs Aji Mirin
1 tbs rice vinegar

Meat was well coated with the marinade and I rubbed it in and placed
it in a Tupperware type container. Burped the air out.

Mesquite is the choice of wood, dry, not wet or green.

I will get the smoker up to around 250, the meat will go on "fridge
cold", about 38 degrees, add my dry rub to the meat, and smoke till
tender.

Double wrap in foil, then with a thick towel, into the cooler for 1
hour.

Toss on grill for service (my family) basting with left over marinade
to glaze.

This is the only BBQ application that I use a marinade for and not a
rub.

Why?

Because it tastes so damn good.

Results to follow

Then I posted this:

Did what I said in my last post.

Got the smoker to 250 and put the ribs in. Temp dropped to 200.

I put the ribs in at noon on the dot. It took 1/2 hour for the temp to
rise back to 250.

Pulled them off at 1338 (1:38 PM). Did not wrap. Just put them in a
pan, covered with foil. Started eating at 1430 (2:30).

Tender, juicy, and the flavor was out of this world.

Yum!

Gene

It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
Mark Twain

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

snip

>thanks Gene, i did catch that the smoke temp dropped
>
>and thanks for the sand tip
>
>when smoking salmon (over hickory) we never used sand or water.......
>i've learned something new!
>
>kate

Can't say I know much about cold smoking, but if you are talking about
"normal" smoking I can understand why you might not have to use sand
or water. Salmon is a very fast smoke in that it does not have to
smoke or cook very long so the chance of heat spikes is minimal.

That of course assumes you are doing filets.

Gene

It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
Mark Twain

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 10:31:22 -0500, "monroe, of course"
> wrote:

> "KUnt" >
>wrote:
>
>> Pleeze Gene,
>>
>> How did you cook the ribs in an hour and a half?
>>
>> Pleeze answer. Pleeze pleeze, pretty pleeze
>>
>> Why is USE NET dying?????
>>
>> I know.

>It was elfin magic he be usin', me boi!
>Gene's last name is Keebler.
>
>monroe(wtf)

We spell it with a I.

Gene

It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
Mark Twain

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Tiger Lily > wrote:

> On 1/12/2012 3:16 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> > Good, we need more chicks in here.
> >
> > Top help keep us in line, that is;-)
> >
> > -sw

> wicked giggle
>
> oh, i have to behave like a girl? dang! can i keep my jeans and pitchfork?
>
> kate

Nuttin' sexier than a girl with a pitchfork...

monroe('cept a girl milchin' a Kuh)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 1/13/2012 1:06 AM, Gene wrote:
> Can't say I know much about cold smoking, but if you are talking about
> "normal" smoking I can understand why you might not have to use sand
> or water. Salmon is a very fast smoke in that it does not have to
> smoke or cook very long so the chance of heat spikes is minimal.
>
> That of course assumes you are doing filets.
>
> Gene

yup, filets of salmon

and darn they are good

kate

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 1/13/2012 8:02 AM, monroe, of course wrote:
>> wicked giggle
>> >
>> > oh, i have to behave like a girl? dang! can i keep my jeans and pitchfork?
>> >
>> > kate

> Nuttin' sexier than a girl with a pitchfork...
>
> monroe('cept a girl milchin' a Kuh)

giggle

alas, the hair is too short for the pig tails and i'm all out of plaid
shirts!

do the hiking boots make up for it?

kate

Beef ribs NancyJaye General Cooking 4 17-02-2006 02:47 PM
Beef Ribs The Ranger General Cooking 6 17-05-2005 04:29 PM
Beef Ribs??? Randy Barbecue 39 06-09-2004 01:14 AM
Are beef (back) ribs the same as short ribs? Timothy Sebora Barbecue 1 15-07-2004 03:56 PM
Beef Ribs/Pork Ribs Peter Newman Barbecue 4 04-07-2004 07:47 PM