Old 23-12-2011, 04:50 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default What to do for Christmas

snip
Sounds like it's time to go to Golden Corral!

monroe(great place for whiny pickys)

Yea, and a real shit place for the rest of us!

LOL

Gene

It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
Mark Twain

Old 23-12-2011, 04:55 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 03:37:34 GMT, wrote:

On 22-Dec-2011, Gene wrote:

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 01:45:32 -0600, "Storrmmee"
wrote:

something with cranberries is what struck me, mayb cranberry/manderine
salad, Lee

snip

Good idea. But no one in this house will eat cranberries. But me. I
eat everything but beets. Beets are the ONLY thing I HATE.

I live in hell, I really do. I can cook just about anything.. but I
have picky eaters. Ann is the worst. You have no idea with her and
food. To Ann hot dogs are an entire food group!

OK, here is where I head. A wasabe sesame vinaigrette for the salad
and balsamic/soy/sake reduction for the brussel spouts.

What do you think?

Gene

I'm drooling on just the salad and sprouts. Can you get your hands
on real wasabe? As for beets; I was ruined for beets before I was
five years old. I spent a lot of time as an infant with grandparents,
mostly in farm environments and in the winter to boot. Root
vegetables including rutabegas, turnips and beets were the popular
veggies of the day. I can do turnips, but beets and rutabegas are
off my menu.

See, and people round this newsgroup think smoked sprouts sound bad!

Real wasabe? Sure. I grow it in the same fantasy land that turkeys get
brined in a 75 degree garage. J/K! I can get it but the place is about
60 miles away, sooo, it's the tube stuff for me.

Beets are the only thing I HATE!!!!!!

Nice to see there is another some what sane person left in this
universe.

Old 24-12-2011, 05:58 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

love pickled beats, especially with mushrooms and onion, i can do a small
amount in a salad... turnips and rutas are wonderful with pork roast, Lee
wrote in message
.com...

--
Brick(Better to remain silent and be thought a fool
then to speak up and remove all doubt)