Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Got an e-mail

Nick, I am doing so good I can't hardly stand it.
I am almost self sufficient in that I have a freezer full of beef I grew
myowndamnself, I have a pantry full of beans, squash, mushrooms,
tomatoes, corn and carrots that I canned. I grew most of it. I just
planted a patch of sugar cane. Next year I plan a Q-fest where we will
make cane syrup, butcher one of my feral pigs and roast it on a block pit
in the old fashion way over live wood coals. I have a small milk goat
that just freshened earlier this week. I start milking her maybe next
week. I have laying chickens, quail and rabbits to sell and eat. I have
plenty of fresh eggs and am hatching some quail and chicks as we speak. I
have 2 feral hogs, 1 male and one female that are breeding to raise a
crop of pigs for eating and selling. I have wild feral hogs coming up to
the pig pen, I plan to build a trap and try to capture some. I had 2 cows,
BUTT sold one and butchered one for the freezer. I also have another
freezer that is full of chicken, fish, fruit and veggies. I only go to
town once a month to buy what few groceries that I need. Only spending
about $60.00 month on them.
Just had a BBQ here the first of October. We butchered one of my pigs and
cooked it and then on Saturday I killed the cow and the folks skinned,
gutted and quartered it and I took it to the meat packer to be cut and
wrapped. Bob, Ginger, Buzz, The Fatman and about 50 others came and we
cooked and ate for 3 days. Just about everything we cooked and ate was
homemade or grown. I been buying corn from a local farmer for my pigs and
have taken some of it and cleaned it up and ground it into grits and
cornmeal. It is really good. Most of the wild hogs don't get as big as
they say they do. Once and awhile one may get to 400, BUTT mostly are
much smaller. They can be a problem to some people, digging up yards and
eating gardens and being a pain in the ass. My pigs did catch and eat a
bunch of my young roosters I was going to butcher for the freezer while I
was in Georgia with Bob and Ginger last month for a couple days. I reckon
with those roosters and some pullets they ate I lost about 30 chickens,
mostly young roosters. Tell all hello.
Big Jim

So, that's yer hello from Big Jim!

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ http://anymarine.com/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Dec 1, 8:17*pm, Nick Cramer > wrote:

> Big Jim
>
> So, that's yer hello from Big Jim!

Holy shit! Really? Thanks Nick.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 1-Dec-2011, Nick Cramer > wrote:

> Nick, I am doing so good I can't hardly stand it.
> I am almost self sufficient in that I have a freezer full of beef I grew

.. . .

> So, that's yer hello from Big Jim!
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV.

For those that might care, here's a link to some pictures of that BBQ
blowout.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1176587...CNzNtOWBn9Drfw
or Tiny Url http://tinyurl.com/3ozlx7e

--
Brick(Better to remain silent and be thought a fool
then to speak up and remove all doubt)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

tutall > wrote:
> On Dec 1, 8:17=A0pm, Nick Cramer > wrote:
>
> > Big Jim
> >
> > So, that's yer hello from Big Jim!
> >

> Holy shit! Really? Thanks Nick.

Sure sounds like he's enjoying life, eh?

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ http://anymarine.com/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz > wrote in
:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1176587...mHTHOctober920
>> 11?authkey=Gv1sRgCNzNtOWBn9Drfw or Tiny Url
>> http://tinyurl.com/3ozlx7e

> I'll pretend I didn't see that Cowboy lump.
>
> -sw

I got to my gf's and prepped the meat for a Sunday cook cleaned up the
smoker, only to find I had mebbe 2 pounds ump left from last cook....I was
forced to buy what was nearby at 8am on a Sunday and Yep it was
Cowboy... wan't any odd pieces in it and it didn't smell funny. So I cooked
with what I had... Cowboy certainly not my first choice but it turned out
well.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Dec 5, 4:32*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On 05 Dec 2011 21:06:44 GMT, Charly Horse wrote:

> Cowboy lump is nasty shit. *There's too many others brands out there
> that haven't disappointed me.

The bag I came across at a relative's house, the wood burned up like
it was balsa wood, super light stuff, burned cool and didn't last
long.
Think I would prefer K'ford over Cowboy, especially the Kford lump
wannabe stuff.

Is there anything _worse_ than cowboy?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 6-Dec-2011, tutall > wrote:

> On Dec 5, 4:32*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> > On 05 Dec 2011 21:06:44 GMT, Charly Horse wrote:

> > Cowboy lump is nasty shit. *There's too many others brands out there
> > that haven't disappointed me.

> The bag I came across at a relative's house, the wood burned up like
> it was balsa wood, super light stuff, burned cool and didn't last
> long.
> Think I would prefer K'ford over Cowboy, especially the Kford lump
> wannabe stuff.
>
> Is there anything _worse_ than cowboy?

Uh huh. No fuel at all is worse.

--
Brick(I pitied a man with no shoes until I saw one with no feet)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Charly Horse wrote:
> Sqwertz > wrote in
> :
>> I'll pretend I didn't see that Cowboy lump.
>>
>> -sw

> I got to my gf's and prepped the meat for a Sunday cook cleaned up
> the smoker, only to find I had mebbe 2 pounds ump left from last
> cook....I was forced to buy what was nearby at 8am on a Sunday and
> Yep it was Cowboy... wan't any odd pieces in it and it didn't smell
> funny. So I cooked with what I had... Cowboy certainly not my first
> choice but it turned out well.

Even a Blind Hog finds an acorn every now and again.

Just saying

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

tutall wrote:
> On Dec 5, 4:32 pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
>> On 05 Dec 2011 21:06:44 GMT, Charly Horse wrote:

>> Cowboy lump is nasty shit. There's too many others brands out there
>> that haven't disappointed me.

> The bag I came across at a relative's house, the wood burned up like
> it was balsa wood, super light stuff, burned cool and didn't last
> long.
> Think I would prefer K'ford over Cowboy, especially the Kford lump
> wannabe stuff.
>
> Is there anything _worse_ than cowboy?

Kingsford Match-light? Maybe?

OT - E-Mail Corey Richardson[_3_] General Cooking 151 02-09-2008 10:53 PM
An E -Mail From God hamada General Cooking 0 20-05-2008 09:52 PM
e mail Mike Avery Barbecue 5 14-08-2006 04:17 PM
OT - I Need Your E-Mail Damsel General Cooking 2 07-06-2005 06:17 AM
OT If you're outside of US and try to send e-mail to Verizon e-mail address, good luck Kaari Jae General Cooking 5 30-01-2005 04:43 AM