Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Dad, Allen wants to deep fry a Turkey this year...

So I was all set to wood cook a turkey this year for Thanksgiving. No big
deal, I do turkeys all year around. But then my daughter says...Dad, Allen
(her boy friend) wants to deep fry the Thanksgiving turkey this year. I
asked her if Allen knows how? Her response is "Of course"!

So being the nice future father in-law that I am, I say fine.

A day later I get..."Dad, Allen wants to know if you still have a turkey
fryer"... I say "Tell him yes".

The next day..."What size turkey"?

Each day it was a different "Allen wants to know..."

After about a week I had about enough fun and told my daughter that Allen
and I needed to talk.

Well Allen had been asking to talk to me all along, and my daughter kept on
insisting that she could "relay". After all, Allen has just ONE question!

Turns out Allen has never fried a turkey and he loved mine so much last year
that he wanted to do one WITH me so he can learn how to do it the right way.
Seems Allen had deep fried turkey made by family and friends before, but
never one as good as mine.

So...Allen and I are deep frying a turkey for Thanksgiving dinner. He won't
be able to be here when the brine is made, but will be here to fire, dunk,
rest, and carve.

Now I don't know if my deep fried turkey is the best Allen has ever had. I
don't know if he really gives two shits about learning how to do this (I
really think he does), but the guy sure is is earning points with his future
dad-in-law.

Allen also is making sour cream mashed potatoes and green bean casserole (I
think it's a first for both, but he won't admit to it...yet!).

The guy treats my daughter and her son (from her ex POS husband) like gold,
works hard and every day, shows my wife respect, gets along with my two sons
well, and wants to learn from me. He has a culinary arts degree and knows he
really just has a bare idea of the basics. A common sense sort of a guy.

And he also want's to learn how to Q.

I think he's a keeper.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Nov 23, 3:08*am, "Usenet" > wrote:
> So I was all set to wood cook a turkey this year for Thanksgiving. No big
> deal, I do turkeys all year around. But then my daughter says...Dad, Allen
> (her boy friend) wants to deep fry the Thanksgiving turkey this year. I
> asked her if Allen knows how? Her response is "Of course"!
>
> So being the nice future father in-law that I am, I say fine.
>
> A day later I get..."Dad, Allen wants to know if you still have a turkey
> fryer"... *I say "Tell him yes".
>
> The next day..."What size turkey"?
>
> Each day it was a different "Allen wants to know..."
>
> After about a week I had about enough fun and told my daughter that Allen
> and I needed to talk.
>
> Well Allen had been asking to talk to me all along, and my daughter kept on
> insisting that she could "relay". After all, Allen has just ONE question!
>
> Turns out Allen has never fried a turkey and he loved mine so much last year
> that he wanted to do one WITH me so he can learn how to do it the right way.
> Seems Allen had deep fried turkey made by family and friends before, but
> never one as good as mine.
>
> So...Allen and I are deep frying a turkey for Thanksgiving dinner. He won't
> be able to be here when the brine is made, but will be here to fire, dunk,
> rest, and carve.
>
> Now I don't know if my deep fried turkey is the best Allen has ever had. I
> don't know if he really gives two shits about learning how to do this (I
> really think he does), but the guy sure is is earning points with his future
> dad-in-law.
>
> Allen also is making sour cream mashed potatoes and green bean casserole (I
> think it's a first for both, but he won't admit to it...yet!).
>
> The guy treats my daughter and her son (from her ex POS husband) like gold,
> works hard and every day, shows my wife respect, gets along with my two sons
> well, and wants to learn from me. He has a culinary arts degree and knows he
> really just has a bare idea of the basics. A common sense sort of a guy.
>
> And he also want's to learn how to Q.
>
> I think he's a keeper.

How nice for you, and especially your daughter. He sounds like a
keeper, and so do you for a FIL. By the way I call my sons in law, my
sons in love. Both our girls got keepers too.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your family and Allen.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

snip

> And he also want's to learn how to Q.
>
> I think he's a keeper.

How nice for you, and especially your daughter. He sounds like a
keeper, and so do you for a FIL. By the way I call my sons in law, my
sons in love. Both our girls got keepers too.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your family and Allen.

Thank you, and I hope you and yours have the same!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

snip

> And he also want's to learn how to Q.
>
> I think he's a keeper.

What if Allen wants to stick cloves in the turkey before frying and
cover it with a pineapple-cherry glaze?

If it were my daughter, Allen would be shopping for a new finance on
Black Friday.

-sw

G'z

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

good inlaws of any kind are very hard to come by, Lee
"Usenet" > wrote in message
m...
> So I was all set to wood cook a turkey this year for Thanksgiving. No big
> deal, I do turkeys all year around. But then my daughter says...Dad, Allen
> (her boy friend) wants to deep fry the Thanksgiving turkey this year. I
> asked her if Allen knows how? Her response is "Of course"!
>
> So being the nice future father in-law that I am, I say fine.
>
> A day later I get..."Dad, Allen wants to know if you still have a turkey
> fryer"... I say "Tell him yes".
>
> The next day..."What size turkey"?
>
> Each day it was a different "Allen wants to know..."
>
> After about a week I had about enough fun and told my daughter that Allen
> and I needed to talk.
>
> Well Allen had been asking to talk to me all along, and my daughter kept
> on insisting that she could "relay". After all, Allen has just ONE
> question!
>
> Turns out Allen has never fried a turkey and he loved mine so much last
> year that he wanted to do one WITH me so he can learn how to do it the
> right way. Seems Allen had deep fried turkey made by family and friends
> before, but never one as good as mine.
>
> So...Allen and I are deep frying a turkey for Thanksgiving dinner. He
> won't be able to be here when the brine is made, but will be here to fire,
> dunk, rest, and carve.
>
> Now I don't know if my deep fried turkey is the best Allen has ever had. I
> don't know if he really gives two shits about learning how to do this (I
> really think he does), but the guy sure is is earning points with his
> future dad-in-law.
>
> Allen also is making sour cream mashed potatoes and green bean casserole
> (I think it's a first for both, but he won't admit to it...yet!).
>
> The guy treats my daughter and her son (from her ex POS husband) like
> gold, works hard and every day, shows my wife respect, gets along with my
> two sons well, and wants to learn from me. He has a culinary arts degree
> and knows he really just has a bare idea of the basics. A common sense
> sort of a guy.
>
> And he also want's to learn how to Q.
>
> I think he's a keeper.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Storrmmee" wrote in message ...

good inlaws of any kind are very hard to come by, Lee

We did the bird today and Allen learned lots. It was fun, the turkey turned
out great, and more bonding happened.

Good day!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wonderful news, and something to be very thankful for, Lee
"Gene" > wrote in message
om...

> "Storrmmee" wrote in message ...
>
> good inlaws of any kind are very hard to come by, Lee
>
> We did the bird today and Allen learned lots. It was fun, the turkey
> turned out great, and more bonding happened.
>
> Good day!

How To Deep Fry A Turkey [email protected] General Cooking 19 14-01-2008 09:27 PM
Deep Fried Turkey zoe General Cooking 29 22-11-2006 03:11 AM
deep frying turkey this year...need some answers please ;) johny b General Cooking 17 18-11-2005 03:18 AM
Deep fried turkey - how many are trying it this year? The Fat Guy General Cooking 5 29-11-2004 11:48 PM
turkey deep fryer [email protected] Barbecue 1 18-12-2003 10:42 PM