Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Default Favourite Barbecue sauces; Restaurants

My two favourite barbecue sauces:
1) Charcoal Steak House, Kitchener, Ont. Canada.
Very unique, very very good, known by many people.
If you know the recipe, or a close facsimile thereof, please
let
me know.

2) The Rotisserie, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. They are no
longer in business, but their barbecue sauce, 'rib sauce' was
outstanding. Incredible, and unique. This restaurant was a
Quebec style chicken and rib joint. Rotisserie chicken done
on a spit over lump charcoal, ribs however, (St. Louis cut)
were done in an electric smoker. The ribs were never 'fall off
the bone'. Customers didn't seem to mind though. They were
barely well done. But with that rib sauce, oh so good.

So, I want those recipes pronto! No delay!
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> In order of preference:
>
> HEB Brand Carolina BBQ sauce
> Rudy's BBQ sause
> Head Country Original
>
> Restaurants: This is Central Texas.

I like Head Country Hot. It's not really hot, just a little tang that I
feel is missing from the original.

Blues Hog, both the original and the Tennessee red are always good.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

A Moose in Love wrote:

> <snippity>

SAUCE?!!!?!?

Sauce is for MISTAKES!!!

That said-too many bottled sauces are better suited for frosting cakes
than for accompanying Q.

monroe(at least getcher smoke flavor from chipotles,not from liquidsmoke)
X-post to r.f.c. ixnayed because-I mean-who gives a wet rat's ass about
them,anyway?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Nov 17, 8:19*am, A Moose in Love >
wrote:

I've become quite fond of Jack Daniels Steakhouse bbq sauce for meats.
Good smoke without being too smoky and a nice bite.

For chicken I love a local maker called Trilby's. They also make a
marionberry bbq sauce that is really good.

http://www.trilbys.com/
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Nov 17, 10:01*am, "A.Nonny.Mouse" > wrote:

> Blues Hog, both the original and the Tennessee red are always good.

Yeah, Blues Hog is pretty amazing. It's pretty common on the
competition circuit, I've
heard judges complain all the ribs taste the same, like Blues Hog...
but it's pretty wild
stuff anyway. It's better if you thin it a bit with... something.

BTW - I don't use Blues Hog, I built my own sauce based on Bourbon and
wild Honey,
not Honey Jack. 5th ribs recently (over 160 pts). I'll keep working
on it.

Dana

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

I like very few commercially available or famous/not-so-famous
restaurants sauces. That being said after finding a location of Mike
Mills' 17th Street BBQ right off I-57 in IL, both his regular and
spicy sauce are nowpart of my pantry. I tend to be a sauce minimalist
- let the wood do the work - kind of cook and so almost always go SOS
(sauce on the side). Also after searching for a good "white" sauce
for chicken I found only one worth using - JD's regular and spicy.
Not many white sauces are available even in the South and don't bother
with Bob Gibson's.

And if you doubt the importance of sauce watch some BBQ contest
coverage or BBQ Pit Masters on TV
Member

Location: Australia

Nice thread. Thanks and Keep sharing everyone.
Member

Location: Australia

Thanks for sharing your experience here. I am very glad to be on the forum.
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Moose in Love View Post
My two favourite barbecue sauces:
1) Charcoal Steak House, Kitchener, Ont. Canada.
Very unique, very very good, known by many people.
If you know the recipe, or a close facsimile thereof, please
let
me know.

2) The Rotisserie, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. They are no
longer in business, but their barbecue sauce, 'rib sauce' was
outstanding. Incredible, and unique. This restaurant was a
Quebec style chicken and rib joint. Rotisserie chicken done
on a spit over lump charcoal, ribs however, (St. Louis cut)
were done in an electric smoker. The ribs were never 'fall off
the bone'. Customers didn't seem to mind though. They were
barely well done. But with that rib sauce, oh so good.

So, I want those recipes pronto! No delay!

Sweet and tangy, this BBQ sauce is perfect for ribs, burgers, and chicken. It's not too hot, so kids tend to like it. To raise the heat level, add cayenne pepper, Tabasco sauce, or red pepper flakes.

ingredient for barbecue sauce recipe.

1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup vinegar, preferably cider or wine vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon garlic powder, or more
1 tablespoon canola or other mild vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional

Total time 5 to 10 mins