Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default The "Stall" explained (with SCIENCE!)

Hey folks,

Not sure if this was posted here before, but came across a good
article that provides a pretty good explanation for the stall - that
period during a long smoke where the meat temp ceases to rise...seems
like we've been victims of sweaty meat.

Here are two links to the article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/craig-..._b_987719.html

The original
http://www.genuineideas.com/ArticlesIndex/stallbbq.html

Cheers,

-Chef Juke
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Chef Juke" > wrote in message
> Hey folks,
>
> Not sure if this was posted here before, but came across a good
> article that provides a pretty good explanation for the stall - that
> period during a long smoke where the meat temp ceases to rise...seems
> like we've been victims of sweaty meat.
>
> Here are two links to the article:
>
> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/craig-..._b_987719.html
>
> The original
> http://www.genuineideas.com/ArticlesIndex/stallbbq.html
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Chef Juke

I think he is full of crap. He makes no mention of the collagen and how it
turns to water. The water evaporates after the breakdown, thus the stall.
He did a lot of silly work for a partial reason.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Ed,

Actually he does mention it in detail in the full article on the second link. Check the footnotes...

-CJ