Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default need brine recipe for bacon

I just need a simple brine recipe (nothing more than salt, sugar and
cure) that I would use for slab bacon, and maybe canadian bacon too.
I just want to inject the meat only (i have a hand injector) and not
soak it in the brine.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sam's Butcher Shop" > wrote in message
> I just need a simple brine recipe (nothing more than salt, sugar and
> cure) that I would use for slab bacon, and maybe canadian bacon too.
> I just want to inject the meat only (i have a hand injector) and not
> soak it in the brine.

Every recipe and method I have calls for some soaking. I'm not sure you'd
get a proper cure just injecting.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 9/24/2011 11:39 PM, Sam's Butcher Shop wrote:
> I just need a simple brine recipe (nothing more than salt, sugar and
> cure) that I would use for slab bacon, and maybe canadian bacon too.
> I just want to inject the meat only (i have a hand injector) and not
> soak it in the brine.

If you're Sam's Butcher Shop, why don't you have your own recipe for a
bacon brine.

BBQ
--
Vegetarian

An old Indian term for poor hunter...
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> > I just need a simple brine recipe (nothing more than salt, sugar and
> > cure) that I would use for slab bacon, and maybe canadian bacon too.
> > I just want to inject the meat only (i have a hand injector) and not
> > soak it in the brine.

> If you're Sam's Butcher Shop, why don't you have your own recipe for a
> bacon brine.

I do have one, it calls for both soaking the meat and injecting it. I
want to inject it only and let it sit overnight. I may have to adjust
the level of the salt and the amount I need to inject.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sep 25, 8:56*am, "Sam's Butcher Shop" >
wrote:

> I do have one, it calls for both soaking the meat and injecting it. *I
> want to inject it only and let it sit overnight. *I may have to adjust
> the level of the salt and the amount I need to inject.

Or maybe you can't do it that way? Maybe Squertz knows something.

Where is this shop? I want to know to avoid it.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> Or maybe you can't do it that way? Maybe Squertz knows something.
>
> Where is this shop? I want to know to avoid it.

Ever hear of brine pumps that are used in commercial meat processing
facilities? No soaking takes place, the brine is injected.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> Where is this shop? I want to know to avoid it. >

Btw, I looked up your profile and it turns out that I've dealt with
you on another newsgroup, where you also said something rather
disparaging. I've looked at other postings of yours and it appears
that do same thing to other people. Perhaps you need some counseling
or therapy, as there are likely some deeper issues that are causing
you to do this.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> He just needs to be cuddled a little. *Go ahead, give him a hug.

LOL I'll invite him to my shop and give him a generous helping of
hugs and some poorly brined meat products!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sep 25, 12:26*pm, " > wrote:
> > He just needs to be cuddled a little. *Go ahead, give him a hug.

> LOL *I'll invite him to my shop and give him a generous helping of
> hugs and some poorly brined meat products!

Ah, that's who you are? Come on, you know the record with people with
nyms like that one you just used. It's not good.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sep 25, 12:26*pm, " > wrote:
> > He just needs to be cuddled a little. *Go ahead, give him a hug.

> LOL *I'll invite him to my shop and give him a generous helping of
> hugs and some poorly brined meat products!

And I did give some help bubba and directed you to our resident curer.
Jeeze, take with one hand and give with the other and you want to chop
it off.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sam's Butcher Shop" > wrote in message
>I just need a simple brine recipe (nothing more than salt, sugar and
> cure) that I would use for slab bacon, and maybe canadian bacon too.
> I just want to inject the meat only (i have a hand injector) and not
> soak it in the brine.

why not just dry rub?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> why not just dry rub? >

Glad you mentioned it. Let me describe the entire process and this
will make more sense. I make a type of bacon using the fattier part
of the pork butt (about 2-3 lb piece) where I butterfly it and then
marinade it in molasses for about 4 days. The reason I butterfly it
is so the molasses can penetrate it better, and yes, it also shorter
smoking time than a thicker piece of meat would require. After the 4
day marinading period, I coat it with a dry rub, let it sit overnight,
and then smoke it the next day. I've been very pleased with the
results. It's sort of a quick version of buckboard bacon, depending
on what recipe you use (some use molasses, other use maple syrup).
Only downside is that it doesnt have a uniform shape and is hard to
slice on a deli slicer.

Now, I would like to try this process again but on a pork belly,
rather than a butterflied pork butt. So I can stick it in molasses
for four days as I did before, but curing it will not be as simple.
Because it is so much thicker, and has fat layers that are hard to
penetrate, I don't think a dry rub would be effective. So it seems
that the most viable option is to brine cure it, but if I let it soak
in water it will lose the molasses flavor -- so my thought was brine
curing with the injector but no soaking.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

I should also add that I did brine cure a piece of pork loin (canadian
bacon) the traditional way, injected it and let it sit for 3 days.
Problem was, when I then put it in the molasses and let it sit for a
few days, the pork was so full of water that it diluted the molasses,
and the flavor was watered down.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> wrote in message
>> why not just dry rub? >

> Glad you mentioned it. Let me describe the entire process and this
> will make more sense. I make a type of bacon using the fattier part
> of the pork butt (about 2-3 lb piece) where I butterfly it and then
> marinade it in molasses for about 4 days. The reason I butterfly it
> is so the molasses can penetrate it better, and yes, it also shorter
> smoking time than a thicker piece of meat would require. After the 4
> day marinading period, I coat it with a dry rub, let it sit overnight,
> and then smoke it the next day. I've been very pleased with the
> results. It's sort of a quick version of buckboard bacon, depending
> on what recipe you use (some use molasses, other use maple syrup).
> Only downside is that it doesnt have a uniform shape and is hard to
> slice on a deli slicer.
>
> Now, I would like to try this process again but on a pork belly,
> rather than a butterflied pork butt. So I can stick it in molasses
> for four days as I did before, but curing it will not be as simple.
> Because it is so much thicker, and has fat layers that are hard to
> penetrate, I don't think a dry rub would be effective. So it seems
> that the most viable option is to brine cure it, but if I let it soak
> in water it will lose the molasses flavor -- so my thought was brine
> curing with the injector but no soaking.

wow, I thought for sure I was going to get a reply that only an idiot would
make bacon via dry rub. Nothing personal, but you know. Thanks for the
very informative reply. So, would a dry rub for several days, rather than
just overnight, not work well? What is your dry rub?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> wow, I thought for sure I was going to get a reply that only an idiot would
> make bacon via dry rub. *Nothing personal, but you know. *Thanks for the
> very informative reply. *So, would a dry rub for several days, rather than
> just overnight, not work well? *What is your dry rub?

Well, maybe a dry rub would work, I honestly haven't had much
experience using dry rubs. Here is what I use per 15 lbs of meat: .
29 lbs of salt, .04 lbs of pink cure. Its the same mixture I use for
my luncheon meats but in that case I'm dealing with small chunks of
meat that are stuffed into a fibrous casing. Not sure how it would
work on a thick piece of meat like a pork belly.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

that's .29 lbs of salt, not 29 lbs!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article
"Sam's Butcher Shop" > wrote:

> > wow, I thought for sure I was going to get a reply that only an idiot would
> > make bacon via dry rub. *Nothing personal, but you know. *Thanks for the
> > very informative reply. *So, would a dry rub for several days, rather than
> > just overnight, not work well? *What is your dry rub?

> Well, maybe a dry rub would work, I honestly haven't had much
> experience using dry rubs. Here is what I use per 15 lbs of meat: .
> 29 lbs of salt, .04 lbs of pink cure. Its the same mixture I use for
> my luncheon meats but in that case I'm dealing with small chunks of
> meat that are stuffed into a fibrous casing. Not sure how it would
> work on a thick piece of meat like a pork belly.

Nonetheless,a thick sprinkling of cracked black pepper and brown sugar
probably wouldn't hurt a thing,ya know....

monroe(go on-gild them damn lilies!)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sam's Butcher Shop" > wrote in message
> that's .29 lbs of salt, not 29 lbs!

whew! I knew when I made my first bacon a few months ago, I used nothing
like twice the weight of salt as the meat!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sam's Butcher Shop" > wrote in message
> that's .29 lbs of salt, not 29 lbs!

whew! I knew when I made my first bacon a few months ago, I used nothing
like twice the weight of salt as the meat!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sam's Butcher Shop" > wrote in message
> wow, I thought for sure I was going to get a reply that only an idiot
> would
> make bacon via dry rub. Nothing personal, but you know. Thanks for the
> very informative reply. So, would a dry rub for several days, rather than
> just overnight, not work well? What is your dry rub?

Well, maybe a dry rub would work, I honestly haven't had much
experience using dry rubs. Here is what I use per 15 lbs of meat: .
29 lbs of salt, .04 lbs of pink cure. Its the same mixture I use for
my luncheon meats but in that case I'm dealing with small chunks of
meat that are stuffed into a fibrous casing. Not sure how it would
work on a thick piece of meat like a pork belly.

If your dry rub is just salt, I think it would work fine. Maybe leave it
more than overnight. I forget how long I left mine, maybe a week? I got
sort of busy . . .

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sam's Butcher Shop" > wrote in message
> wow, I thought for sure I was going to get a reply that only an idiot
> would
> make bacon via dry rub. Nothing personal, but you know. Thanks for the
> very informative reply. So, would a dry rub for several days, rather than
> just overnight, not work well? What is your dry rub?

Well, maybe a dry rub would work, I honestly haven't had much
experience using dry rubs. Here is what I use per 15 lbs of meat: .
29 lbs of salt, .04 lbs of pink cure. Its the same mixture I use for
my luncheon meats but in that case I'm dealing with small chunks of
meat that are stuffed into a fibrous casing. Not sure how it would
work on a thick piece of meat like a pork belly.

If your dry rub is just salt, I think it would work fine. Maybe leave it
more than overnight. I forget how long I left mine, maybe a week? I got
sort of busy . . .

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> You really don't want to add water to bacon, IMO. *Use a dry rub and
> wait the extra day or two. *Do not brine or inject - that's for Oscar
> Meyer and John Morell. who make a living selling you water.

Ok, maybe the dry rub is the way to go then. Do you have a dry rub
recipe and how much to use per lb of meat? Plus how long should I let
it sit?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sep 26, 11:40*am, "Sam's Butcher Shop" >
wrote:
> > You really don't want to add water to bacon, IMO. *Use a dry rub and
> > wait the extra day or two. *Do not brine or inject - that's for Oscar
> > Meyer and John Morell. who make a living selling you water.

> Ok, maybe the dry rub is the way to go then. *Do you have a dry rub
> recipe and how much to use per lb of meat? *Plus how long should I let
> it sit?

So I've finally come to a resolution on what to do and no one can give
me a dry rub recipe/process? I'm oh so close :-)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:
> > You really don't want to add water to bacon, IMO. Use a dry rub and
> > wait the extra day or two. Do not brine or inject - that's for Oscar
> > Meyer and John Morell. who make a living selling you water.

> Ok, maybe the dry rub is the way to go then. Do you have a dry rub
> recipe and how much to use per lb of meat? Plus how long should I let
> it sit?

So I've finally come to a resolution on what to do and no one can give
me a dry rub recipe/process? I'm oh so close :-)

you already have the molasses, now you just need salt. Just sprinkle it on
so it is "heavy" but not solid. After it looses some water, you might
sprinkle a bit more on it. 5 days or so in the fridge, then smoke.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 08:40:53 -0700 (PDT), Sam's Butcher Shop wrote:
>
>>> You really don't want to add water to bacon, IMO. Use a dry rub and
>>> wait the extra day or two. Do not brine or inject - that's for Oscar
>>> Meyer and John Morell. who make a living selling you water.

>> Ok, maybe the dry rub is the way to go then. Do you have a dry rub
>> recipe and how much to use per lb of meat? Plus how long should I let
>> it sit?

> I use the "salt box" method, which is just to dredge the slab in the
> cure and shake off any excess. Since I've done bacon and other pork a
> few times, I can tell by eyeballing it how much is too much or too
> little. My cure practically disappears, and very little if any
> moisture is drawn out that doesn't get sucked back up.
>
> This is the most important page of the book "Charcuterie" which
> discusses the above method and the following mixtu
>
> <http://books.google.com/books?id=T7puTE4qMkMC&pg=PA39&lpg=PA39&dq=salt+box +method+bacon&source=bl&ots=CkACKt8Uo5&sig=QUfXmUQ UZJ1HrgT_0yJ7EAwkRP0&hl=en&ei=yTKBTvKgGa-DsALM_9CIDw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5 &ved=0CDcQ6AEwBA>
>
> Basic dry cure is 1 pound kosher salt, 8 ounces sugar (I usually use
> less), and 2 ounces pink salt #1. If you're going to do a really low
> and slow cold type smoking then you use pink salt #2, though it's use
> in curing bacon is controversial (and leading to the use of
> erythrobates).
>
> It's really not even necessary to smoke home made bacon. You can just
> cook it in the oven low after curing, until it hits 150F or starts
> melting. Then store it like that.

I have only cold smoke bacon, and it seems fine. Not sure why you want to
start rendering fat out of bacon.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

This all sounds good, thanks for the feedback. Now, I don't want to
get something as dry as prosciutto, just dryer than commercial
bacon.....hopefully the 5-day cure method will achieve that middle
ground.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 20:04:01 -0700, Pico Rico wrote:
>
>> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>>
>>> It's really not even necessary to smoke home made bacon. You can just
>>> cook it in the oven low after curing, until it hits 150F or starts
>>> melting. Then store it like that.

>> I have only cold smoke bacon, and it seems fine. Not sure why you want
>> start rendering fat out of bacon.

> You don't (until you want to eat it, of course) If it starts melting,
> you need to stop applying heat. I guess I wasn't clear that melting
> fat is bad.
>
> -sw

well, then you could say until it hits 957F or starts melting.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 9/26/2011 7:04 PM, Sam's Butcher Shop wrote:
> On Sep 26, 11:40 am, "Sam's Butcher >
> wrote:
>>> You really don't want to add water to bacon, IMO. Use a dry rub and
>>> wait the extra day or two. Do not brine or inject - that's for Oscar
>>> Meyer and John Morell. who make a living selling you water.

>> Ok, maybe the dry rub is the way to go then. Do you have a dry rub
>> recipe and how much to use per lb of meat? Plus how long should I let
>> it sit?

> So I've finally come to a resolution on what to do and no one can give
> me a dry rub recipe/process? I'm oh so close :-)

http://www.mortonsalt.com/products/m...sugarcure.html

follow directions on bag.

It's as good as anything, and dirt cheap.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 21:36:41 -0700, Pico Rico wrote:

>>> You don't (until you want to eat it, of course) If it starts melting,
>>> you need to stop applying heat. I guess I wasn't clear that melting
>>> fat is bad.

>> well, then you could say until it hits 957F or starts melting.

> Which is what I said. Some animals have denser fats than others and
> their melting point is different. So I averaged it out to 150F "or
> starts melting".
>
> Do you want to fight about it?
>
> -sw (dancing in his corner with fists up)

naw, your posts are too good to want to fight with you. But, what doesn't
start melting at 150F?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> I use the "salt box" method, which is just to dredge the slab in the
> cure and shake off any excess. *Since I've done bacon and other pork a
> few times, I can tell by eyeballing it how much is too much or too
> little. *My cure practically disappears, and very little if any
> moisture is drawn out that doesn't get sucked back up.
>
> This is the most important page of the book "Charcuterie" which
> discusses the above method and the following mixtu
>
> <http://books.google.com/books?id=T7puTE4qMkMC&pg=PA39&lpg=PA39&dq=sal...>

Great info. Sqwertz and I will read that over in more detail. I
assume you can also use this method on hams, but obviously the brining
time would be much longer than for bacon, maybe more like two weeks?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sep 27, 12:23*pm, "Sam's Butcher Shop" >
wrote:
> > I use the "salt box" method, which is just to dredge the slab in the
> > cure and shake off any excess. *Since I've done bacon and other pork a
> > few times, I can tell by eyeballing it how much is too much or too
> > little. *My cure practically disappears, and very little if any
> > moisture is drawn out that doesn't get sucked back up.

> > This is the most important page of the book "Charcuterie" which
> > discusses the above method and the following mixtu

> > <http://books.google.com/books?id=T7puTE4qMkMC&pg=PA39&lpg=PA39&dq=sal...>

> Great info. Sqwertz and I will read that over in more detail. *I
> assume you can also use this method on hams, but obviously the brining
> time would be much longer than for bacon, maybe more like two weeks?

Oops meant to say "curing" not "brining" time.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sam's Butcher Shop" > wrote in message

> I use the "salt box" method, which is just to dredge the slab in the
> cure and shake off any excess. Since I've done bacon and other pork a
> few times, I can tell by eyeballing it how much is too much or too
> little. My cure practically disappears, and very little if any
> moisture is drawn out that doesn't get sucked back up.
>
> This is the most important page of the book "Charcuterie" which
> discusses the above method and the following mixtu
>
> <http://books.google.com/books?id=T7puTE4qMkMC&pg=PA39&lpg=PA39&dq=sal...>

Great info. Sqwertz and I will read that over in more detail. I
assume you can also use this method on hams, but obviously the brining
time would be much longer than for bacon, maybe more like two weeks?

Squertz is now your partner?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sep 29, 11:53*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 09:26:20 -0700 (PDT), Sam's Butcher Shop wrote:

> >> Great info. Sqwertz and I will read that over in more detail. I
> >> assume you can also use this method on hams, but obviously the brining
> >> time would be much longer than for bacon, maybe more like two weeks?

> > Oops meant to say "curing" not "brining" time.

> Ham is too thick to dry cure safely and in good time. *Unless you're
> aiming for country ham, in which case you still need to inject a brine
> at the bone since that's the hardest to reach spot for a dry cure.
>
> Standard "city" hams are always brined/injected.
>
> -sw

Thanks. I know this is probably not done, but how about cutting the
ham in half (butt end and shank end) and then dry curing?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 07:25:17 -0700, Pico Rico wrote:

>>> Which is what I said. Some animals have denser fats than others and
>>> their melting point is different. So I averaged it out to 150F "or
>>> starts melting".
>>>
>>> Do you want to fight about it?
>>>
>>> -sw (dancing in his corner with fists up)

>> naw, your posts are too good to want to fight with you. But, what doesn't
>> start melting at 150F?

> A little "melting" and transparency is OK. That's mostly just water
> evaporating from the fat. fats can also melt skightly without losing
> their structure.
>
> OK, so I don't know. It was a wild ass guess to appease the people
> who want exact measurements. Stop asking me all these questions. I
> have no idea what the temperature is/was. I bake them at 200F (when I
> don't smoke them) for about 2 hours). 150F just sounded right.
> Besdes, I'm not going to stick a probe into a perfect slab of bacon
> and ruin it's appearance and jeopardize it's slicability

you won't jeopardize its slicability if you remove the probe before slicing.

I'll stick with cold smoking.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 09:26:20 -0700 (PDT), Sam's Butcher Shop wrote:

>>> Great info. Sqwertz and I will read that over in more detail. I
>>> assume you can also use this method on hams, but obviously the brining
>>> time would be much longer than for bacon, maybe more like two weeks?

>> Oops meant to say "curing" not "brining" time.

> Ham is too thick to dry cure safely and in good time. Unless you're
> aiming for country ham, in which case you still need to inject a brine
> at the bone since that's the hardest to reach spot for a dry cure.

yeah, that's why Proscutto and Serrano hams were never invented.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 09:26:20 -0700 (PDT), Sam's Butcher Shop wrote:

>>> Great info. Sqwertz and I will read that over in more detail. I
>>> assume you can also use this method on hams, but obviously the brining
>>> time would be much longer than for bacon, maybe more like two weeks?

>> Oops meant to say "curing" not "brining" time.

> Ham is too thick to dry cure safely and in good time. Unless you're
> aiming for country ham, in which case you still need to inject a brine
> at the bone since that's the hardest to reach spot for a dry cure.

yeah, that's why Prosciutto and Serrano hams were never invented.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 13:04:22 -0700, Pico Rico wrote:
>
>> "Sam's Butcher Shop" > wrote in message
>>
>>> I use the "salt box" method, which is just to dredge the slab in the
>>> cure and shake off any excess. Since I've done bacon and other pork a
>>> few times, I can tell by eyeballing it how much is too much or too
>>> little. My cure practically disappears, and very little if any
>>> moisture is drawn out that doesn't get sucked back up.
>>>
>>> This is the most important page of the book "Charcuterie" which
>>> discusses the above method and the following mixtu
>>>
>>> <http://books.google.com/books?id=T7puTE4qMkMC&pg=PA39&lpg=PA39&dq=sal...>

>> Great info. Sqwertz and I will read that over in more detail. I
>> assume you can also use this method on hams, but obviously the brining
>> time would be much longer than for bacon, maybe more like two weeks?
>>
>> Squertz is now your partner?

> Who's squertz? That loooks like the French spelling. My name is Sam
> (AKA sqwertz). In some groups, at least.

sorry, I was just trying to give you a little class.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 30-Sep-2011, "Pico Rico" > wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> > On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 09:26:20 -0700 (PDT), Sam's Butcher Shop wrote:

> >> Oops meant to say "curing" not "brining" time.

> > Ham is too thick to dry cure safely and in good time. Unless you're
> > aiming for country ham, in which case you still need to inject a brine
> > at the bone since that's the hardest to reach spot for a dry cure.

> yeah, that's why Proscutto and Serrano hams were never invented.

Somebody should send a flash to Smithfield. They must be killing
thousands of people every year.

--
Brick(Too soon old and too late smart)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 30-Sep-2011, Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 21:17:30 -0700, Pico Rico wrote:

> >> Ham is too thick to dry cure safely and in good time. Unless you're
> >> aiming for country ham, in which case you still need to inject a brine
> >> at the bone since that's the hardest to reach spot for a dry cure.

> > yeah, that's why Prosciutto and Serrano hams were never invented.

> Did I mention country hams? <looking back> Why yes, I DID! Which,
> by extension, what we here call Country Hams. Ask keny - he pretends
> Smithfield hams are serrano hams.
>
> So don't get snippy with me. I don't feel the need to spell out
> everything since he is obviously not going to be making Serrano or
> Jinhua hams, neither of which the genuine articles are available here
> in the U.S. (you forgot that last one - it's the grandfather of all
> dry-cured hams).
>
> Congratulations on your spelling of "prosciutto".
>
> -sw

In Virginia, around 1608, the Indians taught the Jamestown colonists
the secrets behind the famous Virginia cured ham. Their methods of
salting, smoking, and aging venison were adapted by the colonists for
preserving the meat of the razorback hog. These techniques were
refined and passed down for generations accumulating legend and
lore throughout the centuries.

http://www.hamboneexpress.com/History/history.html

--
Brick(Too soon old and too late smart)

use of beer in brine for "Black Ham/Bacon" [email protected][_2_] Barbecue 6 13-03-2011 03:12 PM
Need brine recipe Dwayne Preserving 2 27-07-2005 08:27 PM
Salmon pics and brine recipe Duwop Barbecue 7 07-01-2005 02:04 AM
Smoked Salmon Brine Recipe Chris Recipes 1 06-06-2004 02:46 PM
recipe for the brine Edward Barbecue 5 12-05-2004 12:42 PM