Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default need brine recipe for bacon

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 21:15:12 -0700, Pico Rico wrote:

>>> Ham is too thick to dry cure safely and in good time. Unless you're
>>> aiming for country ham, in which case you still need to inject a brine
>>> at the bone since that's the hardest to reach spot for a dry cure.

>> yeah, that's why Proscutto and Serrano hams were never invented.

> Did I mention country hams? <looking back> Why yes, I DID! Which,
> by extension, what we here call Country Hams. Ask keny - he pretends
> Smithfield hams are serrano hams.
>
> So don't get snippy with me. I don't feel the need to spell out
> everything since he is obviously not going to be making Serrano or
> Jinhua hams, neither of which the genuine articles are available here
> in the U.S. (you forgot that last one - it's the grandfather of all
> dry-cured hams).

there you go again! you can't do something, unless you want to do it. ok.
helluva post.

use of beer in brine for "Black Ham/Bacon" [email protected][_2_] Barbecue 6 13-03-2011 03:12 PM
Need brine recipe Dwayne Preserving 2 27-07-2005 08:27 PM
Salmon pics and brine recipe Duwop Barbecue 7 07-01-2005 02:04 AM
Smoked Salmon Brine Recipe Chris Recipes 1 06-06-2004 02:46 PM
recipe for the brine Edward Barbecue 5 12-05-2004 12:42 PM