FoodBanter.com

-   -   Ping: Houston BBQ (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/411317-ping-houston-bbq.html)

TFM®[_1_] 23-09-2011 03:11 PM

Ping: Houston BBQ

Saara from Washington state has asked me to ask y'all where any good Q can
be had in the Houston area.

TIA,
TFM®

Zz Yzx 23-09-2011 05:33 PM

Ping: Houston BBQ

On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 10:11:24 -0400, TFM® >
wrote:

>Saara from Washington state has asked me to ask y'all where any good Q can
>be had in the Houston area.
>
>TIA,
>TFM®

I lived in Houston 1982-1987. We used to enjoy the food at Goode
Company. It was in Belair, I forget the street.

I also remember that one prison in the Texas State Prison System was
highly rated by "Houston" magazine. Marvin Zindler even said so.

-Zz

Janet Wilder[_1_] 23-09-2011 06:24 PM

Ping: Houston BBQ

On 9/23/2011 9:11 AM, TFM® wrote:
> Saara from Washington state has asked me to ask y'all where any good Q can
> be had in the Houston area.
>
> TIA,
> TFM®

Wharton.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

TFM®[_1_] 23-09-2011 07:27 PM

Ping: Houston BBQ

On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 12:24:20 -0500, Janet Wilder wrote:

> On 9/23/2011 9:11 AM, TFM® wrote:
>> Saara from Washington state has asked me to ask y'all where any good Q can
>> be had in the Houston area.
>>
>> TIA,
>> TFM®

> Wharton.

Could you possibly be a bit more vague?

TFM®

ChairMan[_2_] 23-09-2011 11:42 PM

Ping: Houston BBQ

> On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 12:24:20 -0500, Janet Wilder wrote:
>
>> On 9/23/2011 9:11 AM, TFM® wrote:
>>> Saara from Washington state has asked me to ask y'all where any
>>> good Q can be had in the Houston area.
>>>
>>> TIA,
>>> TFM®

>> Wharton.

> Could you possibly be a bit more vague?
>
> TFM®

tables

monroe, of course 24-09-2011 01:38 AM

Ping: Houston BBQ

In article >,
"ChairMan" <nospam@nospam> wrote:

> >> Wharton.

> > Could you possibly be a bit more vague?
> >
> > TFM®

> tables

In spite of the utter stupid&rapid degradation that this thread has
suffered,I can't help but to '2nd' the motion to go to Goode Country
Barbecue for Yew-stun's best. CAVEAT:I h'ain't been there since '93 but
I'll attest to the fact that even *back then* it was good ol'
Cooked-On-A-Klose Q that eclipsed veryveryverymuch of what-else was out
there.

monroe(+PLUS+they served Shiner Bock for cheap)

ChairMan[_2_] 24-09-2011 04:01 AM

Ping: Houston BBQ

"monroe, of course" > wrote in message
.. .
> In article >,

>> > Could you possibly be a bit more vague?
>> >
>> > TFM®

>> tables

> In spite of the utter stupid&rapid degradation that this thread has
> suffered,I can't help but to '2nd' the motion to go to Goode Country
> Barbecue for Yew-stun's best. CAVEAT:I h'ain't been there since '93 but
> I'll attest to the fact that even *back then* it was good ol'
> Cooked-On-A-Klose Q that eclipsed veryveryverymuch of what-else was out
> there.
>
> monroe(+PLUS+they served Shiner Bock for cheap)

I guess i should have put a :) after my response
well, ya can start here, but I've found that the ratings are not a good way
to tell, most are better(ratings) than they actually are YMMV
http://www.communitywalk.com/texas_bbq_joints/map/145

allistersmith 01-11-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TFM®[_1_] (Post 1663686)
Saara from Washington state has asked me to ask y'all where any good Q can
be had in the Houston area.

TIA,
TFM®

Please check the Thelma's Bar B Que 3755 Southmore Blvd , Houston.