Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Grilling sausage

On 18-Aug-2011, "Bob-tx" <No Spam no contact> wrote:

> We like the sausage links, the ones about as big around as a shovel
> handle,
> and in the shape of the letter C. They come in various flavors, and make
> good snacks.
>
> They are precooked, but I put them on the gas grill for a bit - until they
>
> get good grill marks and puff up a little. I don't really know why
> grilling
> them a little seems to really enhance their flavor, but it does.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Bob-tx

That flavor enhancement that you're trying to put a name to is called
the "Maillard Reaction". Technically it is the carmellization of natural
sugars in the surface of the meat which alters the taste. To some
extent, this is evident with any foodstuff which contains natural sugar.
I routinely brown the ingredients that I use to make vegetable and
meat stocks because I like the flavor enhancement achieved by doing
so.

--
Brick(Too soon old and too late smart)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

The flavor enhancement you are referring to is ACTUALLY notably known as
"MALLARD Reaction" - the duck finds the flavor, enhances it meticulously,
and refurbishes it (relatively/loosely related to the "NEC/Blengine
Reaction)

- Sams Wholesale

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 18:55:28 +0200, Brick >
wrote:

> On 18-Aug-2011, "Bob-tx" <No Spam no contact> wrote:
>
>> We like the sausage links, the ones about as big around as a shovel
>> handle,
>> and in the shape of the letter C. They come in various flavors, and
>> make
>> good snacks.
>>
>> They are precooked, but I put them on the gas grill for a bit - until
>> they
>>
>> get good grill marks and puff up a little. I don't really know why
>> grilling
>> them a little seems to really enhance their flavor, but it does.
>>
>> Any idea?
>>
>> Bob-tx

> That flavor enhancement that you're trying to put a name to is called
> the "Maillard Reaction". Technically it is the carmellization of natural
> sugars in the surface of the meat which alters the taste. To some
> extent, this is evident with any foodstuff which contains natural sugar.
> I routinely brown the ingredients that I use to make vegetable and
> meat stocks because I like the flavor enhancement achieved by doing
> so.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Aug 18, 9:55*am, "Brick" > wrote:
> On 18-Aug-2011, "Bob-tx" <No Spam no contact> wrote:
>
> > We like the sausage links, the ones about as big around as a shovel
> > handle,
> > and in the shape of the letter C. *They come in various flavors, and make
> > good snacks.

> > They are precooked, but I put them on the gas grill for a bit - until they

> > get good grill marks and puff up a little. *I don't really know why
> > grilling
> > them a little seems to really enhance their flavor, but it does.

> > Any idea?

> > Bob-tx

> That flavor enhancement that you're trying to put a name to is called
> <SNIP scientific mumbo jumbo> grill magic.

Fixed.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Aug 18, 10:58*am, "Bill Sammy" > wrote:
> The flavor enhancement you are referring to is ACTUALLY notably known as *
> "grill magic".

Fixed.

Grilling sausage Bob-tx[_3_] Barbecue 12 21-09-2011 07:18 PM
Grilling sausage Walter Chan the Chinese Food Man General Cooking 2 08-06-2008 02:44 PM
Grilling sausage Walter Chan the Chinese Food Man Barbecue 0 08-06-2008 11:21 AM
Italian Beef Sausage Stir-Fry for Sausage-Lovers miles General Cooking 0 08-09-2006 01:24 PM
Grilling machine that let's you dice/chop/slice meat while grilling Forte Agent General Cooking 2 15-11-2004 01:03 AM