Old 18-07-2011, 08:49 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default UGLY DRUM SMOKER

I picked up a couple of used "food grade oil" drums and want to make a
smoker. any ideas for a charcoal basket?

Old 17-08-2011, 12:52 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Aug 15, 11:19*pm, Sqwertz wrote:
On Sat, 13 Aug 2011 23:31:06 -0700 (PDT), tutall wrote:
Maybe it needs to be made public or something, can't see these.

It's filled with Kingsford. *So close your eyes.

-sw

i used kingsford for the seasoning in of the drum.
I normally use royal oak or stubbs for cooking.
My local sporting goods store is now selling b&b oak lump.
I may switch just to try.

Has anyone used B&B?
Old 17-08-2011, 01:45 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

JOHN wrote:
On Aug 15, 11:19 pm, Sqwertz wrote:
On Sat, 13 Aug 2011 23:31:06 -0700 (PDT), tutall wrote:
Maybe it needs to be made public or something, can't see these.

It's filled with Kingsford. So close your eyes.

-sw

i used kingsford for the seasoning in of the drum.
I normally use royal oak or stubbs for cooking.
My local sporting goods store is now selling b&b oak lump.
I may switch just to try.

Has anyone used B&B?

By the pallet load. It is some of the best lump out there.

--
Dave
efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."......

BIG DRUM SMOKERS BDS Beer 0 07-05-2006 03:23 AM
BIG DRUM SMOKERS BDS General Cooking 0 07-05-2006 03:23 AM
BIG DRUM SMOKERS BDS Wine 0 07-05-2006 03:18 AM
Danny Gaulden's Big Drum Smoker Review Rocky Barbecue 21 14-12-2005 06:38 PM
55 gal Drum for a Pit Jim Rutkowski Barbecue 20 05-09-2004 07:02 PM