Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default meat at costco

on dh's most recent trip to costco he got ribeye or t bone, and lamb chops
for our dinners in the next few days, all of it looked great to him and the
lamb had gone from 10.99 lb to 6.99 for the lamb chops, so if you like lamb
it might be worth checkng out. Lee

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> on dh's most recent trip to costco he got ribeye or t bone, and lamb chops
> for our dinners in the next few days, all of it looked great to him and
> the lamb had gone from 10.99 lb to 6.99 for the lamb chops, so if you like
> lamb it might be worth checkng out. Lee

Costco's lamb is from Australia and New Zealand and is different than
American lamb, lacking its subtle taste. It's not bad, just different. This
is particularly true of their boneless leg of lamb. This is just a "so you
know". We're great fans of all Costco meat. $6.99/lb for lamb chops is a
great price. We just had the same lamb chops at $10.99 and they were
excellent. I'm not aware that Costco does markdowns.

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

when dh was looking at it there was a sign, so he asked if it was a used by
sale, worker said no its the new price, the way he got it, these are
adjusted weekly if need be. Lamb indeed does taste different from place to
place, but if treated well all have their own good qualities. Lee

"Kent" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> on dh's most recent trip to costco he got ribeye or t bone, and lamb
>> chops for our dinners in the next few days, all of it looked great to him
>> and the lamb had gone from 10.99 lb to 6.99 for the lamb chops, so if you
>> like lamb it might be worth checkng out. Lee
>>

> Costco's lamb is from Australia and New Zealand and is different than
> American lamb, lacking its subtle taste. It's not bad, just different.
> This is particularly true of their boneless leg of lamb. This is just a
> "so you know". We're great fans of all Costco meat. $6.99/lb for lamb
> chops is a great price. We just had the same lamb chops at $10.99 and they
> were excellent. I'm not aware that Costco does markdowns.
>
> Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

at ours, no racks or legs, just the chops at ten and change now lowered, Lee
"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 01:05:20 -0700, Kent wrote:
>
>> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>>> on dh's most recent trip to costco he got ribeye or t bone, and lamb
>>> chops
>>> for our dinners in the next few days, all of it looked great to him and
>>> the lamb had gone from 10.99 lb to 6.99 for the lamb chops, so if you
>>> like
>>> lamb it might be worth checkng out. Lee
>>>

>> Costco's lamb is from Australia and New Zealand and is different than
>> American lamb, lacking its subtle taste. It's not bad, just different.
>> This
>> is particularly true of their boneless leg of lamb. This is just a "so
>> you
>> know". We're great fans of all Costco meat. $6.99/lb for lamb chops is a
>> great price. We just had the same lamb chops at $10.99 and they were
>> excellent. I'm not aware that Costco does markdowns.

> $10.99 is their rack of lamb, $6.99 is their lamb chops, and $4.99 is
> their boneless leg of lamb.
>
> New Zealand lamb kicks American lamb's butt. NZ lamb is much tastier.
> American lamb isn't even worth buying, IMO - Not enough taste.
>
> -sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 01:05:20 -0700, Kent wrote:
>
>> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>>> on dh's most recent trip to costco he got ribeye or t bone, and lamb
>>> chops
>>> for our dinners in the next few days, all of it looked great to him and
>>> the lamb had gone from 10.99 lb to 6.99 for the lamb chops, so if you
>>> like
>>> lamb it might be worth checkng out. Lee
>>>

>> Costco's lamb is from Australia and New Zealand and is different than
>> American lamb, lacking its subtle taste. It's not bad, just different.
>> This
>> is particularly true of their boneless leg of lamb. This is just a "so
>> you
>> know". We're great fans of all Costco meat. $6.99/lb for lamb chops is a
>> great price. We just had the same lamb chops at $10.99 and they were
>> excellent. I'm not aware that Costco does markdowns.

> $10.99 is their rack of lamb, $6.99 is their lamb chops, and $4.99 is
> their boneless leg of lamb.
>
> New Zealand lamb kicks American lamb's butt. NZ lamb is much tastier.
> American lamb isn't even worth buying, IMO - Not enough taste.
>
> -sw

You've obviously never had bone in Iowa leg of lamb slowly nursed up to 120F
on the grill with garlic and rosemary.

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 12:09:44 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 01:05:20 -0700, Kent wrote:
>
>> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> Costco's lamb is from Australia and New Zealand and is different than
>> American lamb, lacking its subtle taste.

>New Zealand lamb kicks American lamb's butt. NZ lamb is much tastier.
>American lamb isn't even worth buying, IMO - Not enough taste.

In general New Zealand and Australian lamb is older and stronger
flavoured than lamb from USA or Canada. The reason is that they can
graze on grass from birth until going to market. Grass is free, so it
usually costs less. The grass leads to the stronger taste.

Lamb from the lower two thirds of USA is also grass fed, for the most
part, but they tend to go to market a bit sooner, so it has a less
pronounced taste.

Lamb from Alberta, Canada is entirley grain fed, since there is snow
on the ground from the time they are born until processed for market.
This means Alberta lamb is (A) younger and more tender (B) milder
tasting -- a benefit for some people who don't like strong tasting
lamb, and (C) it's more expensive due to the cost of the grain.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Storrmmee" > wrote:
> on dh's most recent trip to costco he got ribeye or t bone, and lamb
> chops for our dinners in the next few days, all of it looked great to him
> and the lamb had gone from 10.99 lb to 6.99 for the lamb chops, so if you
> like lamb it might be worth checkng out. Lee

Jun bought a rack of lamb for me. Either Kiwi or Aussie. $15.99/lb! 9 ribs,
maybe 1-1/2 lb. She smoked 'em rare with a localized hood on her Lodge
grill. Pricey, but man were they ever good!

Gone for 6 months. I sure have a lot of catchin' up to do! Gotta learn how
ta use this laptop, too. Only took a week and the help of a half-dozen
techs from India to get online. Yippeeee!!!

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ http://anymarine.com/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nick Cramer wrote:

> Jun bought a rack of lamb for me. Either Kiwi or Aussie. $15.99/lb! 9 ribs,
> maybe 1-1/2 lb. She smoked 'em rare with a localized hood on her Lodge
> grill. Pricey, but man were they ever good!
>
> Gone for 6 months. I sure have a lot of catchin' up to do! Gotta learn how
> ta use this laptop, too. Only took a week and the help of a half-dozen
> techs from India to get online. Yippeeee!!!

Nick's back. w00t!

OBBBQ: Need to rewire the cookshack model 50 yet again. The
wires dun burnt up for the second time.

--
Mort
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jun 21, 4:49*pm, Nick Cramer > wrote:

> Gone for 6 months. I sure have a lot of catchin' up to do! Gotta learn how
> ta use this laptop, too. Only took a week and the help of a half-dozen
> techs from India to get online. Yippeeee!!!

I suggest you get yourself a real keyboard and mouse if you didn't
already. Those are two reasons why I hate those damn things.

Welcome back from SEA.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 21-Jun-2011, Nick Cramer > wrote:

> "Storrmmee" > wrote:
> > on dh's most recent trip to costco he got ribeye or t bone, and lamb
> > chops for our dinners in the next few days, all of it looked great to
> > him
> > and the lamb had gone from 10.99 lb to 6.99 for the lamb chops, so if
> > you
> > like lamb it might be worth checkng out. Lee

> Jun bought a rack of lamb for me. Either Kiwi or Aussie. $15.99/lb! 9
> ribs,
> maybe 1-1/2 lb. She smoked 'em rare with a localized hood on her Lodge
> grill. Pricey, but man were they ever good!
>
> Gone for 6 months. I sure have a lot of catchin' up to do! Gotta learn how
> ta use this laptop, too. Only took a week and the help of a half-dozen
> techs from India to get online. Yippeeee!!!
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV.

Call 911 Mildred. It's gonna be a big one. Nick's back. I don't know if
I can survive the shock.

Welcome back Nick.

--
Brick(Too soon old and too late smart)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 6/21/2011 6:49 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:

> Gone for 6 months. I sure have a lot of catchin' up to do! Gotta learn how
> ta use this laptop, too. Only took a week and the help of a half-dozen
> techs from India to get online. Yippeeee!!!

Welcome back Nick. Agree with the others, get an external KB/Mouse.
Wireless if you can afford it.

Craig recently got rid of his Win98se system to. Maybe that OS has
finally had its' last boot up !!!

BBQ
--
Vegetarian

An old Indian term for poor hunter...
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

tutall > wrote:
> On Jun 21, 4:49=A0pm, Nick Cramer > wrote:
>

> > Gone for 6 months. I sure have a lot of catchin' up to do! Gotta learn
> > ho=

> > ta use this laptop, too. Only took a week and the help of a half-dozen
> > techs from India to get online. Yippeeee!!!
> >

> I suggest you get yourself a real keyboard and mouse if you didn't
> already. Those are two reasons why I hate those damn things.
>
> Welcome back from SEA.

Thanks, man. Yep. I've gotta save up some $$$ and get a desktop.

Almost five years since I've been in Thailand. Maybe next spring?

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ http://anymarine.com/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

what a blessing to see you have returned, Lee

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Storrmmee" > wrote:
>> on dh's most recent trip to costco he got ribeye or t bone, and lamb
>> chops for our dinners in the next few days, all of it looked great to him
>> and the lamb had gone from 10.99 lb to 6.99 for the lamb chops, so if you
>> like lamb it might be worth checkng out. Lee

> Jun bought a rack of lamb for me. Either Kiwi or Aussie. $15.99/lb! 9
> ribs,
> maybe 1-1/2 lb. She smoked 'em rare with a localized hood on her Lodge
> grill. Pricey, but man were they ever good!
>
> Gone for 6 months. I sure have a lot of catchin' up to do! Gotta learn how
> ta use this laptop, too. Only took a week and the help of a half-dozen
> techs from India to get online. Yippeeee!!!
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ http://anymarine.com/
> http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
> You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Storrmmee" > wrote:
> what a blessing to see you have returned, Lee
>
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

Thanks, Lee. It's good to see y'all again!

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ http://anymarine.com/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 23 Jun 2011 04:26:00 GMT, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

>"Storrmmee" > wrote:
>> what a blessing to see you have returned, Lee
>>
>> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

>Thanks, Lee. It's good to see y'all again!

Can't say I know you since I have only been with the group for a few
months, but someone who does BBQ, and a fellow ham, can't be a bad
guy! Welcome back

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 6/23/2011 5:28 PM, mike wrote:
> On 23 Jun 2011 04:26:00 GMT, Nick >
> wrote:
>
>> > wrote:
>>> what a blessing to see you have returned, Lee
>>>
>>> "Nick > wrote in message

>> Thanks, Lee. It's good to see y'all again!

> Can't say I know you since I have only been with the group for a few
> months, but someone who does BBQ, and a fellow ham, can't be a bad
> guy! Welcome back

Nick doesn't do much barbecue. His wife, Jun, does if for him ;-)

BBQ
--
Vegetarian

An old Indian term for poor hunter...
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

mike > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
> >"Storrmmee" > wrote:
> >> what a blessing to see you have returned, Lee
> >>
> >> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> >Thanks, Lee. It's good to see y'all again!

> Can't say I know you since I have only been with the group for a few
> months, but someone who does BBQ, and a fellow ham, can't be a bad
> guy! Welcome back

Thanks, Mike. I was a much more active ham back in the 50's, when I was
WA2EET; but smokin' and otherwise cookin' meat & stuff is good! Glad you
joined the group. They're sure a great bunch (for the mo0st part).

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ http://anymarine.com/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

bbq > wrote:

> >> Thanks, Lee. It's good to see y'all again!

> > Can't say I know you since I have only been with the group for a few
> > months, but someone who does BBQ, and a fellow ham, can't be a bad
> > guy! Welcome back

> Nick doesn't do much barbecue. His wife, Jun, does if for him ;-)

Et tu, Rickus?

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ http://anymarine.com/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 24 Jun 2011 04:18:23 GMT, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

>mike > wrote:
>> Nick Cramer > wrote:

>> >Thanks, Lee. It's good to see y'all again!

>> Can't say I know you since I have only been with the group for a few
>> months, but someone who does BBQ, and a fellow ham, can't be a bad
>> guy! Welcome back

>Thanks, Mike. I was a much more active ham back in the 50's, when I was
>WA2EET; but smokin' and otherwise cookin' meat & stuff is good! Glad you
>joined the group. They're sure a great bunch (for the mo0st part).

Way before my time... I still haven't gone past my technician ticket
and was mostly active on local 2m and 70cm repeaters, aprs, and a
bunch of other digital stuff. Did the ARES and SKYWARN thing down in
Florida, but gave most of it up when I moved back north.

One of these days when the kids are older, I'll look into some of the
HF stuff, but right now I would rather spend the time with a beer in
hand watching the smoker. Good bbq beats a good chat any time! unless
chatting while eating of course
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default PING: Nick, was, meat at costco

wrote:

>mike > wrote:
>> Nick Cramer > wrote:

>> >Thanks, Lee. It's good to see y'all again!

>> Can't say I know you since I have only been with the group for a few
>> months, but someone who does BBQ, and a fellow ham, can't be a bad
>> guy! Welcome back

>Thanks, Mike. I was a much more active ham back in the 50's, when I was
>WA2EET; but smokin' and otherwise cookin' meat & stuff is good! Glad you
>joined the group. They're sure a great bunch (for the mo0st part).

Hey Nick. Nice to see you're back, sorry for the late post. - - y que
paso contigo?
El Mejicano en San Jose (you know who)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> Thanks, Mike. I was a much more active ham back in the 50's, when I was
> WA2EET; but smokin' and otherwise cookin' meat & stuff is good! Glad you
> joined the group. They're sure a great bunch (for the mo0st part).

I bet if your callsign was WA2EAT you would have kept it!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Eddie > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
>
> Hey Nick. Nice to see you're back, sorry for the late post. - - y que
> paso contigo?
> El Mejicano en San Jose (you know who)

Thanks, El Que No Puede Comer! I'm still kickin' (they haven't had to cut
off my legs yet). Good to be back. Y como le va contigo y las ninas?

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ http://anymarine.com/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Pico Rico" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> >
> > Thanks, Mike. I was a much more active ham back in the 50's, when I was
> > WA2EET; but smokin' and otherwise cookin' meat & stuff is good! Glad
> > you joined the group. They're sure a great bunch (for the mo0st part).
> >

> I bet if your callsign was WA2EAT you would have kept it!

LMAO WA2BBQ!

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ http://anymarine.com/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 03 Jul 2011 06:02:33 GMT, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

>> I bet if your callsign was WA2EAT you would have kept it!

>LMAO WA2BBQ!

Looks like it is available too...